Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Is an 8 year old too young for braces??
My daugher is 8 years old, and has a serious overbite and 2 front teet are BIG. Some kids make fun of her and say she looks like a rabbit. Since she is still losing her baby teeth, l guess it'...

Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

My Dentist has changed me from an NHS patient to a private patient. Can he do this?
I had to go for an urgent root canal and the total charge at the end was £200. I was an nhs patient and the dentist still takes on new nhs patients but he told me I'm no longer an nhs patient ...

Wisdom Teeth: Surgery or Pulled?
I've been informed that I need to get my wisdom teeth out; most importantly the top left one in particular is decayed. It's fully in though, due to the fact that I had back teeth pulled ...

How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery......

(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. W...

What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental ...

My jaw keeps feeling like its popping, what do i do?
It keeps popping and it hurts but I don't know what to do about it to get it to stop. Please help....

If i go to the dentist,will the dentist tell my parents that i smoke?
ok... ive been smoking for atleast about 1 1/2 years and my teeth arent really straight and both of my front teeth are chiped and even the middle is chipped to in between both of my front teeth,yes ...

Dentist is pulling 10 of my teeth tomorrow..?
any words of advice for all the pain I'm to be in?...

I have a crumbling tooth around a large mercury filling...?
and I want this tooth out. OUT. There are no NHS dental places anywhere near me and finances are tighter than a very tight thing on national tight day. Please PLEASE don't say 'oh go to a ...

What are the disadvantages of being a Dental Assistant?
Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't become a Dental Assistant. Could someone tell me what's so bad about it....

Lu Lu
I'm Getting Braces. I have some questions :]?
I'm getting braces this Tuesday. I was wondering does it hurt?? And if so how long does it hurt? Also I don't know what colors I should choose.
Should I get pink and black or Blue and green?? If you have any other colors that look good on braces please tell me.

:]

Sara
Rating
Braces are really painful when you first get them in. YOu can't eat any sticky cany, such as gummy bears & nerds rope..... i swear it really hurts, i've been in there, with the calmest guy i know. and he sreamed like a baby!

LiL EviL AzN GuRL
Rating
a color that matches your eyes or u should get mixed colors like a pattern. something that doesnt stand out as much. orange braces. or you should get pink and black or black and white. purple too but that will lookl kinda ugly

tasha
Rating
i had braces.. and im not going to lie, they WILL hurt bad when you first get them on..
i mean, when they are in the process of putting them on, it wont hurt, you will just be uncomfortable because they keep your mouth open with these big plastic things.
that doesnt hurt, but when you get home, your mouth will be incredilby sore. to me, it felt like hammers were hitting each tooth inward. i hate even thinking about it..
not to make you scared or anything. i mean, take an advil before hand and you'll probably be fine. (i didnt do this cause i just dont take meds..)
it will hurt for the first few days and it will feel really awkward and weird for the first week or two. but dont worry about it, you will adjust to them very quickly.
as for your colors, anything you want. just pick something that you wont get sick of.
how about just all blue or something. idk. goodluck youll be fine

Shaeleah
I have not had braces, however my best friend, and my brother have, it really depends on the person, my best friends hurt, and she could only eat soups and things like that, because he teeth won't moving very fast. My brothers are moving REALLY fast, and so he does not have any pain, he eats like a hamburger cheese which ever one after he gets them tightened (is that right?) and that seems to help him out a lot, he did not hurt either of them when they fast got them, just felt a little weird for a while. So I guess it depends, did your parents have them? If so ask them and see if there teeth moved fast, if so then that is more likely to be with you, both my parents had them and they moved really fast, so it doesn't hurt as much. I would go with Pink and Black, just seems cool. I also like Purple and Yellow, Or Yellow and black, just depends on what you’re feeling like. Lol. If they have glow in the dark and you want them to glow put like a flashlight on them and then they will. Lol. Good luck! And happy Smiling!

~valeria~
ok well it sort of hurts. but it only hurts when they put pressure on your mouth. It will hurt for only about a week or less! and if you ONLY like those colors then i suggest you get blue and green......And if you want to look at other colors there are here @......................

http://www.drfravel.com/color.asp

Jeffrey A
Rating
it hurts for a day or two everytime you get them tightened and it hurts for about a week when you get them on....just choose random colors sometimes they look cool

JJay
Rating
it doesn't hurt when they put them on but it does a little the next day. try not to eat hard foods and brush your teeth slowly. the pain goes away in a week.
and go with the first choice!

~Laura~
Rating
Yes it does hurt. Alot. And usually it depends on how much your teeth are changing. When I first got mine, my teeth hurt for about 4 or 5 days. I say pink and green. Those colors look really good together.

noyesnomaybee
Getting braces put on did not hurt when i got braces. taking them off hurt more, but it's really not that bad. it's way worse having a tooth pulled out. black looks bad, clear usually yellows, so you don't want that, i wouldn't get yellow either but blue looks nice, and i think green is okay too. pink's good also.

Cao Cao
It hurts when they tighten them, and the level of pain depends on how much they tighten them. They can cut up your gums, which is usually more annoyoing than the other pain. It doesn't hurt too bad though.

As for colors, go with something bright. Try yellow and green or orange and green. Summer colors.

flowers
Rating
Yes, braces hurt the first 3 days.
1st day: Drink painkillers, like Tylenol
2nd day: Better, still use Tylenol
3rd day: Slight pain, no need to use Tylenol
4rd day: No pain!

Colors:
Red, Blue
Pink, Black
Blue, Green
Pink, Lavender
Don't chose white or clear, because they stain if you eat Cheetos or drink Coffee or Soda. Yellow makes your teeth look yellow.

AMP
I got braces last tuesday so hopefully I can help you you with your ??'s.
1.. The actual putting on of the braces does not hurt, all they do is glue the brackets on. Although I did find the fitting of the molar bands to be uncomfortable. There are bands that go on your back molars that the wire will slide into. my advice is to definitely take some tylenol, motrin, advil, or whatever you like before you go bc in a few hours after your mouth will hurt. You mouth will be sore for a few days, up to a week. For me it was mostly the brackets rubbing on my lips and cheeks, but they Ortho. will give you some wax, and that will help. You will want to eat soft things for a few days, like yogurt, soups, pudding, eggs, mashed potatoes, bc chewing will hurt. I was able to eat reg. food by friday, but chewing still feels awkward, but have been assured it gets better.
2. As far as colors, it really what ever you like. I was shown a card that has all the color bands that they have. You can change colors each month when you get them tightened. I got gray bands to blend in with the brackets and wire, but then I am 27, not sure bright colors would be appropriate LOL I would stay away from white, bc I've been told they stain really easily with foods.

Good luck.. and remember to take that pain reliever!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy