Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

In 45 minutes im getting braces?
well im 14,
and in 45 minutes iom getting braces :(
can anyone give me some tips for what to expect, stuff for the pain, etc?
im really scared.
Additional Details

Help! I am getting braces!
I am getting braces, and I need some advice on how to deal with them. Help me out?...

What do you do if you drop your tooth brush in the toilet?

How many times did you brush your teeth today?

Yikes! Will it hurt?
does it hurt to get teeth pulled out? Only answer if you have this experience. And if it hurts, what is the anesthetics for? I'm a bit nervous, so if u have ways to overcome fear, help!!...

Is it possible to pull out my wisdom teeth myself. and of so what tools do i need? thxs?

Additional Details
well some numing stuff, a razer and pilers right?...

Every body wants me to get braces but i dont and i admit that i have crocked teeth what should i do?

Additional Details
well the 5th tooth from the left on bottom jaw is growin behind my 4th and 6th tooth and my bottom teeth are ...

I’m having a wisdom tooth pulled out tomorrow, anything I can do to make the pain bearable?
Apart from enjoying a good meal before having the procedure because I might not be able to eat anything else for the whole day....

Need tips keeping braces clean on long school days?
when i have afternoon studies i pack lunch to school but i always have food stuff in my braces which i cant get out.what can i do (other than bring a toothbrush ) to get the food out .something ...

Grrrr i get braces on march 3rd?
what color do u think i should get because ...

How often do you brush your teeth??
....truthfully!...

My breath smells like fart?
ive been told my breath sometimes smells like fart
i brush twice a day for about 5 mins and gargle with listerine
i visit the dentist every 6 months
please help!
sometimes i never ...

What is good for a toothache? I've used oragel and mouth wash, doen't work..any ideas?

My DENTIST kissed me, "What should I do"?
I went to see my dentist because my wisdom tooth was bothering me. He told me that he would extract the tooth.
He froze my mouth and I was apprenhensive as to whether or not I would feel the ...

Is it hard to talk with braces?
I'm just wondering whether it is hard to talk with braces on?

Like... will I talk funny? :S...

I have a very bad tooth ace , i can not afford to go to the dentist right now, what can i use for the pain?
I took Motrin 800 .It kind of help....

I accidentally swallowed the wax for my braces! HELP!!! I NEED ANSWERS QUICK!!?
I just swallowed a pinch of wax a while ago. Is the wax safe if swallowed? Is it something to worry about?? I don't wanna get poisoned. =(...

Chewing gum with braces...?
What would happen if I chew gum with braces??Will anyone else notice I was chewing gum??
Thanks =]...

How do you know if u need braces?

Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥...

Kay
How to stop braces from hurting? I just got them today?
I got braces on in the morning and they hurt like really really bad. I took some medicine but it doesn't seem to help at all. please help?

xoMelxo
Rating
try motrin, or just eat foods that are soft.
Don't worry, the pain goes a way in a week or so.

matt h
Rating
At first it hurts a fair bit. Unfortunately, all you can do is pain killers and things to take your mind off it!

After a few days max the pain will go, then you'll just get used to them being there.

Kelsi
Rating
Advil and patience baby. I have them too and trust me; it'll go away. About a week is all you need to wait. If you have the habit of biting your nails though....bad idea. That hurts you're teeth even more. It's all worth it for a great smile!

Grimfunnycash
Rating
Eat soft foods. Also don't complain about them. If you just don't think about them, they hurt less. Just over the counter pain killers. Don't take the entire dose, just the minimum. I have had them too.

Marina
Rating
Call the orthodontist and tell him/her. I remember that they were pretty painful when they were tightened, but this sounds like too much.

erica
they dont hurt at first then the next day theyhurt like crap and then after like 4 days they dont hurt anymore. they just hurt cus ur teeth r moving around. and then after the 1st and maybe 2nd tightening they hurt alot but then they dont hurt anymjore. ihad mine for 3 years

Rosario
painkillers + patience + soft food

Name here!!!
Rating
Take some Advil or tilenol that helped me.

gwjw
Rating
your mouth is just sore, so take an advil or tylenol or maybe an aleve.

take a nap, eat soft foods, and pamper yourself!

L
Rating
I've had braces for about two and one-half years, and the best thing I've found is to take Tylenol before my appointments and about 4 hours after. But, eating warm soft foods like mashed potatoes or something like that helps also. One thing I haven't tried but have heard works is Cepocol Lozenges, they have a mild anesthetic, so they also help relieve pain.

kthope92
Rating
I just got mine off!!!!! But for you they have braces wax ot wal-mart. Its a mint flavored wax you put on your braces it is in the toothpaste and stuff aisle. its like $3

Kel
eat soft foods for a couple of days, and take ibuprofen every so often. in the future, take ibuprofen right after you get them tightened. that will help A LOT. trust me ive had braces for 2 1/2 years.

van kedileri
time

alwaysmoose
Rating
It's the worst pain you'll go through in your young life. Just bear through it. Get lots of pudding and yogurt and icecream. It takes a couple days.

Lindsay S
Don't clench your teeth, as much as you want to. Take some Advil, or IB Prophin.

Janet
I Have Braces, at first yes they do hurt and give you sores, heres whatcha need to do go to the store in the pharmacy section and get some wax or some of that gel that you use to make it stop (or just ask the pharmasist for something to help)
If you get wax put it on the part of the braces getting sores if your teeth just hurt and you dont have sores im sorry but you have to wait for your teeth to move

Onpage57
Rating
hmm try going to sleep

Babycakes
Take some aspirin, and don't worry it'll get better for sure after the first day. If your very sensitive maybe the second day. It won't always be this way. Also, try and sleep it off.

Oswaldothelegend
Rating
eat some ice cream ,take more drugs eventually they will stop hurtin though

soups are real good to eat , not for pain ,cause you cant chew and stff ,

I like the soups from corinos and olive garden or the cambell chicken noodle one is good , also dennys has some good soups

The Spaghetti Cat
they will eventually stop hurting. then it will only hurt when you get them tightened.

spawko
Rating
my brother used to take a couple of tylenol... or the recommended dose of headache medication. There is also Anbesol (think that's how you spell it) Rub it on your gums... It's not the greatest but it kinda numbs your gums for awhile... and takes away a bit of the ache.

charlyexcel
pills

Elle*Cookie
Rating
advil liquid gels. and sleep.
other than that. theres nothing. im sorry
but your gonna have to tough it out for however long you ahve them. but it wil go away. its only worse when theyre tightened.
crying helps too. with ben and jerrys.
just wallow like you would with a breakup ;)

♥Laurenn.
Rating
Eat really cold stuff like ice cream. Try not to think about it. Watching TV usually gets my mind off things. Good luck, and I hope you feel better :)

Amy
agreed with everyone else...they're just going to hurt for awhile. you could also try putting orajel on your gums. i didn't ever try that myself but it might help. and try to not play with them. i know, it's impossible.

organizeddivas
Rating
Try to only eat really soft food for the next couple of days. The pain will go away w/in 3 days or so.

hills.fan.♥
Rating
I got my braces this morning too so I know exactly how you are feeling. Mine didn't hurt this morning but are now killing me. I took some medicine and it seemed to help for a little while. I am now just trying not to think about them (which is pretty hard). Try watching your favourite movie or television show to get your mind off of them. Or just reasure yourself of how beautiful your teeth will look in a few years. :)

ash (:
I have braces and there really isn't too much to make the pain or soarness go away. Eat soft foods like yogurt and noodles, don't bite anything. Hot tea or like hot coco can also help sooth your mouth. Also, if your braces are cutting the inside of your cheeks you can put wax on it, they probably gave you some and if not then you can buy it at like cvs and target. Good Luck. I feel your pain.

mutant_blonde
Rating
Your teeth/mouth will be tender for next few days. Take a pain reliever and eat soft foods and remember its worth it!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy