Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What are the consequences of very bad teeth?

Help need teeth desperately!!!!!!!!!?
i am 49 and in 1996 i had a serious car accident. it took 181 stiches to put my face back, but i lost all my teeth, i have an upper plate, but they said there is no way that i can afford the $6000.00 ...

The dentist un-registered my kids?
I've missed a few dentist apointments in the past with my kids, there's just so much going on I forgot about them, and I just realised today that they were supposed to go last week and I ...

Are toothbrushes on short supply in Britain?
The corn looking teeth is why I ask, just curious?...

Does it hurt when u get ur braces off?

I getting braces but they have to take out 2 of my teeth Will it hurt and how do they do it?
HELP...

Tooth Question?
Ok...this question may seem weird, but since dentists took off my braces, one of my front tooth is kind of damaged, some part of the tooth broke and it keeps breaking more I think. My tooth seems ...

Adult Braces..Why do i look so dumb now?
It was my choice and $$ to get braces. I couldnt get the ones you take out cause my teeth are just a bit to bad for thoes. I didnt look to bad with no braces and messed up teeth. Now i have the clear ...

~i want while teeth~?
i want white teeth what can i use for toothpaste and what should i eat to make the really ...

Will having 5 teeth removed under sedation hurt?And also will the needle hurt much?
Im pertrified of needles and need these teeth removed due to braces . Please please be honest.
Additional Details
Aww I didn't realise how polite and kind people are.. You have all ...

Why do I have teeth?
H...

I had my wisdom teeth pulled and stitched up. Am I going to have holes still?

Wisdom tooth removed?
I had it taken out a few days ago
and I am feeling sick , cant stop going to the toilet and am very swollen and sore

have to add though that I have irritable bowels brought on by ...

How would I make my teeth white?
How can I make my teeth look really white and clean?...

How bad does it hurt to get Braces on?
Will it hurt bad? Also from your Experience what foods are best to stay away from? And what foods are easy to eat? The whole time i have braces on will it hurt to eat hard food?...

I am getting braces soon... do they hurt?
i have spacer right now... do they hurt more than spacers??...

How to prevent cavity?
what should i do ? i brush, floss ...but not that often, and i use listerine.but i kept getting cavities !!!! is there anyway to HEAL the cavities ? so those ugly filling wont show ? any advice on an ...

Everyday I drink a tablespoon of vinegar with a cup of water, I was wondering if this could damage my enamel?
If so do you think swishing water in my mouth after each time is enough or should I brush my teeth?...

Can you have silver fillings replaced with white?
I had a lot of cavities when I was young and they were all filled with silver fillings. Now that I am older I hate seeing them. Is it possible to have them replaced with white fillings and how much ...

How do I stop chewing on the backs of pens.?
It's a gross habit I've had since middle school and never broken....

Clair S
Braces.......?
i am 12 and i have to get braces soon. do they hurt when you get them on? how long does it take? on a scale 1-10 how much do they hurt after?

Bryan M
I had braces for three years, and it only hurts for the first three or four days. From 1-10 id say its around a 3. It may hurt a little at night, and you may need to eat jello for lunch. lol. but other than that, you get used to them, and they dont hurt at all.

frnk_du
Rating
To be honest, it hurts depending on the arrangement of your teeth. If you have severe under or overbite, it will hurt, because of how your teeth has gotten used to the arrangement. And if you really don't need braces, but your teeth aren't perfectly straight, it might not really hurt, from my first-hand experience. It just depends on what your limit is to pain.

Mad Awesome Yo! =)
Braces don't hurt very much when you first get them on, but they will hurt a lot more the next morning. I would say that they hurt like a 7. It takes a half hour to get them on. I had braces for two and a half years and I have to say that all of that pain and suffering was well worth it to end up with straight teeth.

~~lovelovelove~~
my braces didn't hurt at all when they put them on, and they didn't hurt intil they changed the top wire a couple months later. the only time they ever hurt was when the teeth actually start to move, so be prepared for that. on a 1-10 scale, that was like an 8. it depends on what your teeth are like now to know how long they will take. i;ve had mine on for about 3 years now, and i won't get them off until may-june 2008 =( but they will look pretty when they finally do come off!
good luck! <3
ps you should take before and after pix...that would be cool to see how much u have changed (just an idea lol) =)

Julie D
when i get my on it doesn't hurt (0), but then 6 hours later .I CAN NOT eat at all (8).

ṉïсølε[loves silliman& redbull!]
Rating
I just got mine today and right now it is almost 9 pm, so that was about 6 hours ago...on a scale of 1-10, they are a...3. They dont hurt a lot, they're a little sore though.

~Kate~ <3
when you get them on they don't hurt ya you feel pressure on your teeth but its not till the next day that that hurt well more like being swore.. don't worry about it they will stop hurting after a week...lol...Be brave..j/k..

Meghan
Rating
Mine hurt bad. I was your age when I got them. I would say it was a 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. I had mine put on the day before thanksgiving and i could barley even eat mashed potatoes. b ut after a week they felt better. To get them on it toke a little over an hour.

Karen W
Yes, it does hurt when they put them on. They also hurt for a couple of days afterwards and then for a little bit a month after they tightening them. When it doesn't hurt anymore then you know you are almost ready to get them off.

veg_hel
I had braces when I was your age. They didn't hurt me when I got them on, but felt uncomfortable for about 3 days. I could only eat soft food like mashed bananas which was more frustrating than the braces themselves. I also had some soft wax to put on them when they rubbed my gums, but this was also only for the first few days. Although it may not seem it at the time it is well worth having them - I now have the most beautiful natural teeth of anyone I know, and have been complimented on my smile many times.

Matt
The first week isn't the best week of your life because after you get them on and wait till the next morning, you will feel the soreness.

And for that week you have to start eating stuff like tofu, noodles and smoothies xD

BUT it gets better from there on, because it won't hurt, unless you seriously can't handle it, you can always take a tylynol (sp?) to help you lower the pain.

>.< I would say around 7/10 ish

hard2_be_me
Rating
personally.. for me, it was only a 5..
they don't hurt when they put it on.. but it might be a little uncomfortable when they put this thing to open your mouth.. and you have to put your tongue through it, if you swallow, it'll hurt the bottom of your tongue, that's the only part that hurt me when they put it on.. after like a day, it starts getting sore and hurting when you eat stuff.. but it was only a 5/10 pain.

hope this helped.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy