Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

White filmy stuff on teeth and gums in the morning.?
I brush my teeth in the morning and brush and floss at night before I go to bed. What is this white/clear filmy stuff that is on my teeth and gums in the morning? It's gross....

For the past week or so ive had this thing on my gum and i need help with it?
its happened before its this little "bubble" like a blister on the gum of my tooth and it hurts a little and i dont know if this is related or not but theres somthing even worse jsut below ...

Why do I still have 2 of my baby teeth at the age of 21?
It's so wierd because they are in the exact same place on the opposite side of my lower mouth....

My braces are really hurting after being tightened today, is there anyway I can ease thew pain?
It's like a strange sore itchy type feeling, if you've had braces you'll understand, please help!...

Is there anyway i could fix my teeth i hate them.
Haha sorry for the obnoxious smile.
http://i262.photobucket. Details
sorry i didn't tell u what i didn't like ...

Braces.......?
OK, Im off to my dentist when my mum can get me a appointment to get mesured for braces. what do they do, Ive heard they put clay in ur mouth then have to wait a bit to get braces made.. is this true<...

The things you hate?
they things you hate having done at the denists, compile your top 5 ...

How many times should you brush your teeth a day?

Why do braces need rubberbands?
- My orthadontist said so the teeht could stay in place or something like ...

Tooth Abscess?
Is it a disease? Tell me more about it please. Don't tell me to go to the doctor. I want to know what it is before I go. Can I die from it?, etc...

PS. I had a tooth abscess for 7...

How do I get rid of these mouth sores?
Lately, Ive been having these sores on the left side of my mouth and I cant seem to get them to go away.
Ive cleaned them and Ive went to the nurse at my school and she doesnt even know what ...

I just got braces and they hurt!what do I do?
I just got braces this morning and they didn't hurt then and I've taken tylonal and they still hurt what can I do?
Additional Details
and I have these bit things behind my two ...

Will smoking crack make my teeth fall out?

What is peroxide?

Which hurts more: wisdom teeth extraction or getting braces?
Already had my wisdom teeth removed (6 months ago), getting braces in about three weeks.
Additional Details
When I had my wisdoms out, wasn't able to take medicine until a couple ...

Pangel
Wisdom tooth removed?
I had it taken out a few days ago
and I am feeling sick , cant stop going to the toilet and am very swollen and sore

have to add though that I have irritable bowels brought on by nerves , so that may explain the toilet ... rather than it being directly related to the tooth

are these symptoms normal ?

I have had some removed in the past ... but never felt so ikky with them
Additional Details
thank you for all your advice

the nerves on my face is slightly numb and tender
I have done the salt water
it was only local anesthetic
but the extraction did involve a lot of pressure and pulling as the root was bent to one side

will give it till Monday when they open again and if it hasnt got better by then , I will see them

Devil, Angel of my heart.
Rating
did you ice and heat the area like the dentist told you to? did you not drink from a straw? if it doesn't clear up this weekend, go back. don't just wait for an infection to set in.

xox_april
Rating
You poor thing, I can sympathise with you.
How many did you have taken out? I have extra teeth after my wisdom teeth so i had 5 out (they couldn't reach the 6th one).

Going to the toilet isn't a symptom linked with the removal of wisdom teeth so i presume that the irritable bowels would account for that part. However all the other symptoms you have descibed are quite common and I had the same.

Recovery depends on the individual so the fact it has been more than a few days shouldn't freak you out, I was sore and displayed those symptoms for a week and then I got better.

Your just going through the worst phase at the moment on the brightside just think, things will get better in the next few days and they will.

The after effects of extracting the wisdom teeth normally include the painful side effects that you mentioned. Take my sister for example, she blacked out from the pain and brought up blood but she recovered. It just takes time for your body to recuperate.

Hope you feel better soon, i understand you must be in pain and extremely bored (thats what i remember)

p.s. i would have advised before you went in to take arnica a natural flower based product that would ensure the swelling was reduced after surgery.

PaperbackWriter JPA KosherNinja
Did you have it taken out under a general anaesthetic? If yes, that could explain why you feel sick. If no, you should NOT be feeling sick and I would suggest you phone your dentist and insist that he gives you an immediate appointment so he can check the extraction site.

Are you in actual pain where the tooth was removed? There is something called 'dry socket' condition that can occur after an extraction, but I don't know if it happens with wisdom teeth. It involves a lot of pain.

The key thing is also to check that there is no infection. Boil some water, add some salt, wait until it's hot but not too hot, and then gargle with this - this will help prevent infection. Alternatively, you can add a bit of honey and some cider vinegar to some hot water and drink that.

Don't suffer in silence! Phone your dentist and demand he sees you.

Wish you better! :)

plushy_bear JPA
(((Pangel)))
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so badly,
I had my wisdom teeth removed as well (2 each in 2 visits). I got sick from the Percocet/Darvocet and just used Tylenol. Your IBS might be the problem for the john; but the swollen and sore may just be as a result of having those teeth pulled. I'd still check with the dentist "just to make sure". It couldn't hurt to ask; they can best guide you.

Good luck, hon.

Ambivalent Bittern PJA
Rating
If by 'a few days ago' you mean more than three, I think you should contact your dentist or doctor. Wisdom teeth have very deep roots and infection is probably more likely with their removal than from other teeth being removed. Feeling generally so bad can be a short-term reaction to the local anaesthesia, but it shouldn't carry on like this seems to. I'd play safe rather than sorry and get a professional opinion.

ɐdɾ soɐɥɔ ǝnlqblue chaos jpa
Rating
Aside form the Irritable Bowel Syndrome, its normal. You need to eat soft foods like mashed potatoes and soups. Don't try to eat regular food for at least a week. Take some anti-diarrheal medicine to help the the I.B.S.

Been there, and it wasn't fun.
(((((((Pangel))))))))

*VA Mama*
Hey I had one taken out yesterday and I've been throwing up ever since! I think it's from taking my percocet and antibiotic on an empty stomach though. I ate some mashed potatoes today and have felt a little better since. So if you are taking any kind of medication, that could be why. If it doesn't get better in a couple days, phone your dentist or oral surgeon. They usually recommend cutting back the dosage of the pain medicine if they suspect that's what could be causing it.

Raven Eyes JPA
Rating
Major (((hugs))) to you. I went through hell with my wisdom teeth so I can totally understand how you feel.
I was very swollen and sore for just over a week.
I used a mouthwash of hot salt water (as advised by my dentist) and that really helped.
Have they got you on an antibiotic? That could be making you feel icky.
I think your IBS will be giving you hell due to the stress you've undergone around having your tooth out, and that will be making you feel sick too.
I found the following helped:
The hot salt water mouth wash.
Taking a semi soft diet.
Drinking plenty of water.
Oil of cloves on my gum.
If you are still feeling rough after another couple of days, I would be tempted to phone your dentist and ask them for advice, as infection can be very common following wisdom tooth removal.
But like I said, I was rough for about a week.
Hope this helps sweetie. (((hugs)))

Ũniνέгsäl Рдnтs™
Rating
You should perhaps give your dentist a ring... you could have a "dry socket" or an infection. They usually have an answering service that handles these things on weekends. They are required to have a colleague cover for them if they are busy for the weekend.

Give a call, my friend... you shouldn't be feeling this badly!

(((Pangel)))

miss_creative_brooke
Rating
the best thing to do is to drink alotta liquids. Eat soup or jelo. Rest you mouth. relax and try not to talk alot. my friend just got hers taken out too(:

Mizz Zero
Aw, you poor thing! :'(

I had all four of mine cut out at the same time, and I somehow got lucky. All of my friends said I'd be miserable, but I actually didn't even swell that bad.

I saw how miserable my brother was. I think he had similar symptoms. My mom has IBS, so I know how frustrating that can be.

I just wanted to say I hope you feel better!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy