Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

The things you hate?
they things you hate having done at the denists, compile your top 5 ...

How many times should you brush your teeth a day?

Why do braces need rubberbands?
- My orthadontist said so the teeht could stay in place or something like ...

Tooth Abscess?
Is it a disease? Tell me more about it please. Don't tell me to go to the doctor. I want to know what it is before I go. Can I die from it?, etc...

PS. I had a tooth abscess for 7...

How do I get rid of these mouth sores?
Lately, Ive been having these sores on the left side of my mouth and I cant seem to get them to go away.
Ive cleaned them and Ive went to the nurse at my school and she doesnt even know what ...

I just got braces and they hurt!what do I do?
I just got braces this morning and they didn't hurt then and I've taken tylonal and they still hurt what can I do?
Additional Details
and I have these bit things behind my two ...

Will smoking crack make my teeth fall out?

What is peroxide?

Which hurts more: wisdom teeth extraction or getting braces?
Already had my wisdom teeth removed (6 months ago), getting braces in about three weeks.
Additional Details
When I had my wisdoms out, wasn't able to take medicine until a couple ...

aquemini522
Can you have silver fillings replaced with white?
I had a lot of cavities when I was young and they were all filled with silver fillings. Now that I am older I hate seeing them. Is it possible to have them replaced with white fillings and how much would that cost?

koorblohg
Depends on how big the silver fillings are. Most dentist won't put a white filling in a molar. Well not around my area anyway. But the white fillings hold up better than silver. If you can afford it i just say crown them and save drilling into your tooth more.

Heinz M
Rating
Yes, and a lot!

coolgem2
Yes. Discuss it with your dentist. I don't have any silver fillings anymore. Sure makes for a nice smile. Remember regardless of cost it is an investment in yourself.

Ron's wife
Rating
Yes they can be replaced. However...be aware that if some of them are large you may require a crown.

If you have dental insurance this can be tricky...if the Dr. feels as though the filling is failing then it will be covered. The replacements that are just for asthetic purposes will not.

Having no dental insurance can become costly. The price of each filling will be determined by how many surfaces will be replaced...the prices are also different throughout the USA. It all depends on your state and location.

Angelia S
You can get your silver filling replaced by white fillings(composite) or by porcelain inlays and onlays. Insurance does not cover this though so it will be a little expensive.-as RDA

adkspoiledbrat
You can and you should get the amalgam fillings replaced. There is great controversy over the mercury content in the old amalgams and most people are having them replaced because of it. Make sure your dentist uses a rubber dam or ask for one before starting the removal of the fillings. You don't want to swallow any of the filings when he drills the fillings out. It's quite costly if you are not insured, but reasonable if you are. The only problem with a composite filling verses the amalgams are that the composites don't corrode. Under a microscope the composits have microscopic openings that can be a problem later if they are not sealed, unlike the amalgams that would self seal with time due to the corrosion of the metals. Still, for safety reasons and for esthetics, the composite is the filling of choice today. Good luck to you.

Sam
Rating
Usually... Ballpark it at $200 per filling. Most will be less than that, but at least you will have a clue going in how much it's going to cost you.

Animal I Have Become
yes u can get it done u would have 2 call ure denist bc it is a cosmetic so it would not be covered with insuance

Mitch G
Yes, I had my silver replaced with the white porcelain

Krissi
yes you can get them replaced with porcelain. its will cost a lot if you had a lot of cavities!

Natty-Lea
Rating
Yes. They cost more though, and usually don't last as long. :-)

Demetrios
Yes you can. It is a little expensive but if you do it in stages you should not feel the pinch. Consult a dentist, get an estimate for each tooth. You can do two or three at a time according to your budget. It is well worth it. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy