Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Can you have silver fillings replaced with white?
I had a lot of cavities when I was young and they were all filled with silver fillings. Now that I am older I hate seeing them. Is it possible to have them replaced with white fillings and how much ...

How do I stop chewing on the backs of pens.?
It's a gross habit I've had since middle school and never broken....

I just got braces, and they gave me small pieces of wax, whats that for?
how do I use the wax?...

How long does nitrous oxcide stay in your system?

Im getting braces tomorro and i want to kno why the pointments are so long? does it hurt when you put them on?

White filmy stuff on teeth and gums in the morning.?
I brush my teeth in the morning and brush and floss at night before I go to bed. What is this white/clear filmy stuff that is on my teeth and gums in the morning? It's gross....

For the past week or so ive had this thing on my gum and i need help with it?
its happened before its this little "bubble" like a blister on the gum of my tooth and it hurts a little and i dont know if this is related or not but theres somthing even worse jsut below ...

Why do I still have 2 of my baby teeth at the age of 21?
It's so wierd because they are in the exact same place on the opposite side of my lower mouth....

My braces are really hurting after being tightened today, is there anyway I can ease thew pain?
It's like a strange sore itchy type feeling, if you've had braces you'll understand, please help!...

Is there anyway i could fix my teeth i hate them.
Haha sorry for the obnoxious smile.
http://i262.photobucket. Details
sorry i didn't tell u what i didn't like ...

Braces.......?
OK, Im off to my dentist when my mum can get me a appointment to get mesured for braces. what do they do, Ive heard they put clay in ur mouth then have to wait a bit to get braces made.. is this true<...

The things you hate?
they things you hate having done at the denists, compile your top 5 ...

How many times should you brush your teeth a day?

Why do braces need rubberbands?
- My orthadontist said so the teeht could stay in place or something like ...

Tooth Abscess?
Is it a disease? Tell me more about it please. Don't tell me to go to the doctor. I want to know what it is before I go. Can I die from it?, etc...

PS. I had a tooth abscess for 7...

How do I get rid of these mouth sores?
Lately, Ive been having these sores on the left side of my mouth and I cant seem to get them to go away.
Ive cleaned them and Ive went to the nurse at my school and she doesnt even know what ...

I just got braces and they hurt!what do I do?
I just got braces this morning and they didn't hurt then and I've taken tylonal and they still hurt what can I do?
Additional Details
and I have these bit things behind my two ...

Will smoking crack make my teeth fall out?

What is peroxide?

Which hurts more: wisdom teeth extraction or getting braces?
Already had my wisdom teeth removed (6 months ago), getting braces in about three weeks.
Additional Details
When I had my wisdoms out, wasn't able to take medicine until a couple ...

*Kimi*
Adult Braces..Why do i look so dumb now?
It was my choice and $$ to get braces. I couldnt get the ones you take out cause my teeth are just a bit to bad for thoes. I didnt look to bad with no braces and messed up teeth. Now i have the clear ceramic braces and i freaken look soooooo UGLY. anything i do makeup hair clothes i cant stop looken at the ugly braces...Was it like this for you? i have them on for 2 more years =( tell im 21 ..

Becca R
Rating
2 years is worth it for a great smile for the rest of your life. You may hate them now, but when they get taken off you will love them because of how nice your teeth will look. It's just in your mind that you look ugly but you probably look fine, if their clear..no one can see them! If you really don't want them any longer you can have your orthodontist take them off, 2 years is just so they actually work, it's not like their not going to be stuck on for 2 years. Call your orthodontist and ask them if they would be able to remove your braces. Good luck!

EDIT; Don't give me a thumbs down because you don't agree; I'm giving this advice to the person who ASKED the question, not to you, dumbass.

CSUN Guy
Adult braces are cool.. It just shows people that you are trying to improve your smile... As for the clear braces, I heard they can turn yellowish...
Plus who cares, they'll be off in 2 years and you'll have a great smile.

James M.
Rating
there are still clear ones, instead of the metal kind. there's obviously still the metal wire, but that's about it. people didn't even know i had them until about a year after. they're ceramic instead of the metal. they say they're more susceptible to breaking, but i don't think so.

AnnieD
You'll get used to them. I have the clear ceramic ones too (am 18), for another 2 years as well, plus have an expander + other metal junk in my mouth. I must brush my teeth more in one day than I usually would without the appliances in 3-4 days.

Other people don't notice them as much. Think about it- you aren't walking around with a huge teeth-showing smile on your face all the time. It doesn't look as bad as you think. Once they start working and straighten your teeth, you'll think it looks better. Plus think about how nice it will look in 2 years when they're off. What would you rather have: 2 years of braces, or the rest of your life with crooked? :) All those pictures in the future with that pretty smile.. it'll all be worth it!

Wiseguy
I had them for 2 years in high school. But it was pretty normal then. Mine were blue. yeah they look weird but it will be so worth it. You'll have decades with beautiful teeth. Nothing distracts me more then someone with messed up teeth. If you're teeth were ugly, and now you're wearin ugly braces...what's the difference? the difference is that with braces you'll have pretty teeth eventually and you'll get to have them for a long time.

catdogcat321
if they look that bad get them taken off, i guess thats all you can do. or if you can pay a little extra $$ get the kind that dikota fanning has that you put behind your teeth.

Dancer92
I was younger so it didnt realy matter to me yet but just get through it and you will be so happy you got them! I love my teeth!

ominous romances
lots of ppl have had braces and so know the horrors taht come with them....just smile your way thru it all. no one else really cares that much, you only do coz they take up room in your mouth!

♥♥GEMINI♥♥
Rating
Its in your head. Prob. most ppl dont even notice!! Everyone feels like you do. Atleast you have the clear ones. Im sure you dont look ugly at all! Just think in 2 years, it will all be worth it!

elaeblue
Rating
Yes thats true but then when you are 21 you will have beautiful perfect teeth.

karenmariawayne
Rating
ignore them and other pp will too. You will be surprised. It really works. Just get used to them and people wont notice.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy