Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

My dads had a colonoscopy and they found 7 polyps this is the second time in a year
this time only 6 came black clear, the last one wasnt so they have sent the 7th one for another biopsy what do you think this means?

serious answers ...

Does fake sugar such as Splenda, Equal, Etc. reall cause cancer?

How do I tell my parents that I think I have Lymphoma? Is there any way to start the converversation easily?
I've had the lumps for over a year now, but I somehow kept tricking myself into thinkng it was nothing, which it definitely isn't. Please any help is greatly appreciated....

Please help! im scared that i might have skin cancer
i tan alot and i have a mole on my upper stomach, at first i thought it was a freckle now it is a mole and it looks normal its a circle...but is there any way it might turn to skin cancer?? please ...

Top 10 ways to avoid ANY cancer?
What are the top 10 ways to avoid any cancer disease? what food, what vitamins?

So we can all be healthy and strong =D...

Can smoking marajuana cause cirrhosis of the liver?

What are some songs about breast cancer?

Which works best: nicotine patch, gum or lozenge?

Question about cancer?
Does cancer hurt?...

Second opinion needed. How do we go about getting one? Mom diagnosed with terminal cancer.?
I have electronic copy of reports. Doctors at current hospital refuse to treat her for fear that treatment will cause her already reduced functioning kidneys to fail. They have recommended Hospice ...

Why there is no medicine or treatment to cure Blood cancer and AIDS?
what are the difficulties to invent medicine to cure blood cancer and AIDS ...

Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

I am suppose to have a Mastectomy?
If the Dr. removes the nipple, what are my options? I have heard of tattoos and making a nipple. I am over 50, but I still have a hard time thinking of nothing there....

How do you know if you have breast cancer?
I found tiny lumps in my left breast. I also have the sores on my nipple. Plus to top it all off breast cancer runs in both sides of my family. I'm scared to death!! Please tell me the signs of ...

Have you ever had a Friend or a Family member with Cancer?
May i ask who it was? And what kind of cancer it was? We found out my Mom had kidney cancer after she passed away. We didn't know when she was alive she had cancer. And is your family member or ...

Link between seatbelts and breast cancer?
I'm wondering if this has ever been looked at. Specifically the material the seatbelt is made of (nylon), the materials' exposure to other auto-making materials (chemicals, plastics, metals)...

Can a mammogram see an abnormality that an ultrasound can miss?

Is there any proof that people with end stage cancer and in a coma can hear?
A family member passed away last week, she had cancer. While in her last hours we all took turns telling her we loved her and that she was free to go in peace. Is there any evidence that supports the ...

After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood................

Please read...?
okayy my mom had her mammogram on monday and she got a call on wenesday that they saw smething. they want her to come back on friday. they sad theres endless things it could be so dont jump to the ...

Homer Being
How would a person know if they had cancer?
What kind of sysmptoms would they display, this is of course assuming they have not been diagnosed. What symptoms would they display if they were slowly deteriorating. I know it it probably dependent on the location of the cancer, say it was oral cancer, where would it spread to, how long would it take and what would be the symptoms for a person not being treated. Thanks, any info greatly appreciated.

No referrals to a doc please.

sofithedog
Rating
i'm not sure but since they don't do routine cancer checks on everyone, the only way to know is if you feel mysterious pain and report it and your doctor recommends a biopsy or a catscan or something

orlandolvr4eva
Well in the case of oral cancer I'm sure your mouth would be sore, and you would probally develop sores inside of it, as well as bleeding, and color changes.

inverse_mushroom_cloud
Rating
A large gaping sore in the mouth would be the progression. It would be painful when not eating and excruciating when eating or drinking. Oral cancer can spread just about anywhere. I've known people with oral cancer to have their tongue removed.

Not a pleasant prospect, but the longer one waits for diagnosis/treatment, the worse the treatments become.

Christin K
Rating
There's no way to answer this question. The types of cancer one can get are so diverse and the symptoms are so diverse that there isn't ONE answer. There might be a hundred answers.

Jall
Rating
It would depend on the cancer. My two year old niece was diagnosed with A.L.L. (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia). Here are her symptoms the month leading up to diagnosis: She started to tire out at times you wouldn't expect it (like right after nap when she was playing with other kids...she just stopped and told her mom she was tired and sat on her lap), then she had night sweats and moaned in her sleep and had pain in her leg and the next day in her rib. It is my understnding that this type of acute leukemia progresses rapidly and is usually diagnosed within a months after onset. It is my understanding that this type of cancer will kill you in a matter of months if it is not treated but I am not a professional so I could be wrong on that.

*CeLiNe~FrEnChAdO*
well it all depends. cancer can be developing very gradually, at an extremely slow pace, such as a couple of years. some of my patients came for check ups and it turned out that they've been living with cancer ever since their teenage. in that case, the symptoms are also very minor and obvious. mostly, they just feel ill and look a little pale without a curtain diagnosis. for other people, cancer is nearly impossible to be stopped. at the time it is discovered, they only have a month to live. the obvious symptoms are..well..the obvious things. such as loosing hair, color on the face, weaker, yellower nails. sometimes, there are obvious red blemishes that later turn purple. usually, if discovered early, they are able to be removed and kept from spreading. in some cases however, cancer comes back because it is not fully cured. the safest option for anyone would be, to go on regular health check ups. that way, you always know the condition of your body.

Goldie
Well every cancer is different, and most don't show any symptoms until it is quite advanced.

I experienced sharp painful stomach cramps and rectal bleeding which made me go to the doctor. I had colon cancer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy