Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Swollen lymph glands?
ive had severel swollen glands under my left armpit at first there was only one big one and i was 16 at the time, now im 25 and theres still the big one but lots of little ones clustered around it, ...

How do i break it to a friend that i have cancer?

Is there a cure for lymphoma-cancer?

Why the defence mechanism of body cant detect the changes in cancer cells ?

How long does one normally live with Leukimia?? My friend has just been diagnosed!!?

Has any one used Zyban to give up smoking?
I have been taking Zyban for just over 2 weeks now and i have successfully managed to kick the weed.
Lets hope I can keep it up when Ive finished the course....

Can wearing a bra for a long time cause breast cancer?

Im worried abour the lump on my back...?
i noticed that i have a lump on my lower back, im worried. what could it be, what should i do? its been there for a week now and it hasnt changed at all. it doesnt hurt. its about the length and ...

Treatment of bladder cancer while pregnant?
need to know if you can carry a baby if you have been diagnosed with bladder cancer and been surgecally ...

Do cell phones cuz CANCER OMG?

Is it true that allen carr (of easyway) has lung cancer?

Can artificial sweetner cause cancer?

What is cancer?

Do all Cancer spread through-out the body?
What is Cancer?...

Colon cancer probability?
My husband is 39 and is a Gulf War veteran. For the past 10 or more years he has suffered with chronic diarhea, sometimes with bouts of constipation. His weight fluctuates by about 10lbs up and down. ...

What is the difference in level 3 and stage 3 cancer?

What are some possible symptoms of thyroid cancer (or even any kind of cancer)?
I am a 23 year old female, I have quite a large goiter (enlarged thyroid gland) and I am worried that it may be cancerous. Please help if you can, any information would be truly useful and most ...

Is there any programs for people with cancer who can not pay the med. bills?

Do diet sodas really cause cancer?

Why can't they cure cancer yet?
Why is it when someone has terminal cancer they have all the drugs in the world to make dying easier on you, but they can't get drugs that will actually make you better?...

lour
After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood.............

RHENE
U are lucky if U regain back ur health. The effectiveness of chemotherapy is between 25-30% only. It must be known to U that chemotherapy is the only toxic poison that is deliberately introduced to the human body. They are strong, potent chemicals claimed to destroy cancer cells. However, pls be informed that these chemicals do not have the intelligence to differentiate the cancer cells from normal cells. Normal cells are also damaged by these chemicals. This explains why patients undergoing chemotherapy get bald (hair follicles destroyed), weak (immune system impaired), nauseated (hormones out of control), sometimes bleed, etc.

Statistically, more people with cancer die from chemotherapy. Jackie Onassis is one of them.

Cancer is caused by the acidification of the body caused by poor elimination of acidic metabolic wastes. This destroys the optimal cellular environment for survival. Our body is more on the alkaline side. Acidity destroys the cells and causes death. However, some cells wld tend to adapt to this environment by undergoing mutation. With mutation, the cells wld have different DNA coding from the normal. deviation from the normal wld cause the continuous multiplication of the cells even after repairs and recoveries of cell injury is attained. This haywire behavior is malignancy...leading to cancer.

So to treat cancer the safe way, maintain an alkaline cellular environment. This is the most optimal method. It is most physiologic. Like moss that thrive in a wet ground and dies on dry ground, so also do cancer cells in an alkaline environment. Chemicals will further acidify ur body.

To cleanse ur body of the acidic wastes, take adequate amts of alkaline mineral water abt 2-3 liters a day depending on ur kidney function. Eat much veggies and fruits preferably raw. take vitamin and mineral supplements. Avoid meat and substances like coffee, tea, soda, energy and sports drinks, chocolates and other sweet or sugary foods.

Hope this will enlighten U. Don't take the risks of chemotherapy...pls!!!

hai van
-About 3 to 4 weeks. It depends on your nutrition.Let try!

CRACKerZPHD
I am still alive because of chemo. Do what they say. Believe me. I am on one of those "nightmare patients" I own a harley davidson -- I am one of those types. I hope you get my drift. I am an ***hole by all accounts. Ask my doctor, he hates me and will tell you that to your face.

Char
Rating
Hair starts growing as soon as you stop chemo. It may not be your normal hair at first [mine was wavy and it's usually straight] But, after it grows out, it goes back to normal. Srength took a lot longer. I was fatigued fora LONG time. Everyone's different though.
Best wishes

Mary Who?
Well my last chemo treatment was January of 2004 (Adrimycian and Cytoxin) . After finally getting my hair back-let see I quit wearing my wig in August of that same year, my hair was probably about an inch long. It seemed soooo slow starting back. Now it is back to normal and has been for awhile-I am what 3 yrs out . U still need to drink lots of water for about 3 days before blood work to keep from getting stuck several times(veins collapsing). Chemo even when administered thru a port still affects your blood vessels.
I know U cannot give blood for 5 years after treatments. Ins rates get cheaper after 5 yrs too!

sheliteful958@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Its true that cancer thrives in a non alkaline body but Coral Calcium taken daily will change that....As for the chemo,the comment before mine was cruel, at least it seemed so for me.
I know quite a few living people who have come through with flying colors after chemo......One of them survived Breast cancer twice, and has been cancer free since 2001.
She swears by the coral calcium and keeps colloidal silver water close at hand .....
The chemo is a poison as the person before me mentioned. But in order for you to get better, thinking of it in a positive way is what you MUST do....
I wish you all of the best and hope you get better very soon,
try the things I mentioned, Ive seen the results, and it does work....
The friend I mentioned has been back at work with AT&T for almost 4 years now, walked 6 miles two weeks ago at the Cancer walk in her state and is doing great. Her hair grew back in about a year, she put on the weight and she looks wonderful and feels fantastic.

dee
Rating
Wow that first poster sure is a negative thing today!!

I had 5FU and Lukavoren for colon cancer - 6 months of treatments after 6 weeks of radiation and chemo combo and a bowel resection before that. That was over 5 years ago. I finished treatments in late Sept of that year and my goal was to feel "decent" by Christmas. I would say it really took about 6 to 9 months before I felt "almost" normal. At one year after the finish of treatments my colonoscopy showed the bowel was normal again with no lasting effects from chemo or radiation.

I still had problems tolerating heat and was easily dehydrated (not something normal prior to treatments) for about 2 years after that. I feel totally normal today, and have for quite some time.

I'm sure it varies with the type of chemo chosen and in some cases there may always be lingering side effects, but I'll take that to the alternative any day.

I did a google search and came up with several interesting hits.

Here's the link to the search I used

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chemotherapy+side+effects+lingering

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy