Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What are some songs about breast cancer?

Which works best: nicotine patch, gum or lozenge?

Question about cancer?
Does cancer hurt?...

Second opinion needed. How do we go about getting one? Mom diagnosed with terminal cancer.?
I have electronic copy of reports. Doctors at current hospital refuse to treat her for fear that treatment will cause her already reduced functioning kidneys to fail. They have recommended Hospice ...

Why there is no medicine or treatment to cure Blood cancer and AIDS?
what are the difficulties to invent medicine to cure blood cancer and AIDS ...

Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

I am suppose to have a Mastectomy?
If the Dr. removes the nipple, what are my options? I have heard of tattoos and making a nipple. I am over 50, but I still have a hard time thinking of nothing there....

How do you know if you have breast cancer?
I found tiny lumps in my left breast. I also have the sores on my nipple. Plus to top it all off breast cancer runs in both sides of my family. I'm scared to death!! Please tell me the signs of ...

Have you ever had a Friend or a Family member with Cancer?
May i ask who it was? And what kind of cancer it was? We found out my Mom had kidney cancer after she passed away. We didn't know when she was alive she had cancer. And is your family member or ...

Link between seatbelts and breast cancer?
I'm wondering if this has ever been looked at. Specifically the material the seatbelt is made of (nylon), the materials' exposure to other auto-making materials (chemicals, plastics, metals)...

Can a mammogram see an abnormality that an ultrasound can miss?

Is there any proof that people with end stage cancer and in a coma can hear?
A family member passed away last week, she had cancer. While in her last hours we all took turns telling her we loved her and that she was free to go in peace. Is there any evidence that supports the ...

After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood................

Please read...?
okayy my mom had her mammogram on monday and she got a call on wenesday that they saw smething. they want her to come back on friday. they sad theres endless things it could be so dont jump to the ...

Cancer question?
My grandpa was diagonsed with lung cancer 5 1/2 years ago, and he is still alive. Is this unusal for someone with lung caner?...

Can putting plastic plates and bowls in the microwave give cancer?
they say when you put it in the microwave,waves go in through the plate into the food.Is this true?...

What can Using Tobacco cause???

My husbands kidney cancer is now in his leg bone and a lesion in his brain. How long?

Do you ever get scared that cell phones and WiFi signals are giving you cancer/causing harm?

Is it possible for a genre of music to be so annoying it could cause a form of cancer?
My coworker blasts obnoxious rap music during work. It annoys me to no end, and sometimes i can feel the beat of the song in my skull, not in a pleasant way either. Can this kind of stress cause ...

Elise
Do you think that it's even remotely possible that cell phones can cause brain tumors?
It was in the news recently.

If they can, do you think that you could eradicate the problem simply by using an ear-piece rather than the handset?

David E
Rating
All the reliable studies I have seen to date indicate that cell phone use does not create any significant difference in the incidence of brain tumors.

That being said, in the event that those studies are challenged, utilizing an ear piece wired or bluetooth, would most likely further reduce any negligible risks.

With kind and gentle regards,

David Edge

clt1972
Rating
Yes I do.

Questionable Mark
The jury is out on this one. But, there is MUCH research into this and I'm sure we'll see evidence pointing both ways. Cell phones use radio waves... same as the waves used for the past dozens of decades for public entertainment. But cell phones are more "concentrated" as the source is directly next to our heads. Now, there is evidence that certain electromagnetic waves can affect our cranial physiologies, but no one knows if cell phones are strong enough to do this. However, if you consider that a single cigarette has 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of causing cancer... it's not so bad. The problem lies in prolonged exposure.

I really don't think there's any way to alleviate the issue. In all actuality, there are about at least a DOZEN chemicals used in EVERYDAY items (from furniture to food utensils to clothes) that are suspected of causing cancer that people are exposed to day-in and day-out, every minute of every day. So... whether it be cell phones... or eating Chinese cuisine... I'm going to bet that we'll see an even greater incidence of cancer in Americans in the coming years. Guess I should specialize in oncology.... there're going to be a looooooot of patients...

Ironically, my mom tells me to keep my cell phone out of my pants in fear that the electromagnetic radiation will render me impotent...

Amy
yes

jessapug
It's been in the news since cell phones were invented. I don't see how the ear piece would make it any better. Who knows if they can cause cancer. I'm trying to find something that doesn't cause cancer, it seems everything does anymore.

Ann W
NO

inverse_mushroom_cloud
Rating
Using an earpiece would probably greatly reduce the chance of cancer since the distance between the earpiece and the phone is very short, and the signal could be very low power. The danger in cell phones is that the transmitter in the phone itself is very powerful ... it has to be to send the signal to the nearest tower. If for any reason that signal is deflected into your head/body, that area would receive a dose of microwave radiation.

It's not proved to be a risk, but it DOES keep coming up. Maybe there is something there. I don't think they really know for sure.

I'd use an earpiece or use the speakerphone feature whenever possible, personally.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy