Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Why there is no medicine or treatment to cure Blood cancer and AIDS?
what are the difficulties to invent medicine to cure blood cancer and AIDS ...

Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

I am suppose to have a Mastectomy?
If the Dr. removes the nipple, what are my options? I have heard of tattoos and making a nipple. I am over 50, but I still have a hard time thinking of nothing there....

How do you know if you have breast cancer?
I found tiny lumps in my left breast. I also have the sores on my nipple. Plus to top it all off breast cancer runs in both sides of my family. I'm scared to death!! Please tell me the signs of ...

Have you ever had a Friend or a Family member with Cancer?
May i ask who it was? And what kind of cancer it was? We found out my Mom had kidney cancer after she passed away. We didn't know when she was alive she had cancer. And is your family member or ...

Link between seatbelts and breast cancer?
I'm wondering if this has ever been looked at. Specifically the material the seatbelt is made of (nylon), the materials' exposure to other auto-making materials (chemicals, plastics, metals)...

Can a mammogram see an abnormality that an ultrasound can miss?

Is there any proof that people with end stage cancer and in a coma can hear?
A family member passed away last week, she had cancer. While in her last hours we all took turns telling her we loved her and that she was free to go in peace. Is there any evidence that supports the ...

After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood................

Please read...?
okayy my mom had her mammogram on monday and she got a call on wenesday that they saw smething. they want her to come back on friday. they sad theres endless things it could be so dont jump to the ...

Cancer question?
My grandpa was diagonsed with lung cancer 5 1/2 years ago, and he is still alive. Is this unusal for someone with lung caner?...

Can putting plastic plates and bowls in the microwave give cancer?
they say when you put it in the microwave,waves go in through the plate into the food.Is this true?...

What can Using Tobacco cause???

My husbands kidney cancer is now in his leg bone and a lesion in his brain. How long?

Do you ever get scared that cell phones and WiFi signals are giving you cancer/causing harm?

Is it possible for a genre of music to be so annoying it could cause a form of cancer?
My coworker blasts obnoxious rap music during work. It annoys me to no end, and sometimes i can feel the beat of the song in my skull, not in a pleasant way either. Can this kind of stress cause ...

Is it possible to survive 2b cervical cancer.?

Could smoking marajuana make high grade precancerous cells in the cervix turn to cancer?

Would someone who was really sick with cancer...?
...stay in bed or be in the hospital?
Additional Details
assume the person was 70 years in age/...

Swollen lymph glands?
ive had severel swollen glands under my left armpit at first there was only one big one and i was 16 at the time, now im 25 and theres still the big one but lots of little ones clustered around it, ...

mizzhollywood26
If you have one female relative who has the breast cancer gene, does that mean all of the females have it too?
i have an aunt who has had cancer twice and has the gene. does that mean i also have the gene?
Additional Details
i also had another aunt and a cousin who also had it twice.

haroldgardner1946200712000
it is possible because it is some times inhibited through a family gene that is why it happens but the best of luck to you that you dont inherit in your life time

diamondgrl524
Rating
you could...notice when you go to the dr. they always ask those stupid questions? yeah for that reason ..but dont freak out that doesn't mean youll get it..i have an aunt that had breast cancer ,tumors in her head ,diabetes shes a mess but thank god no one else does

Janelle Alexandria
Rating
I'm not sure, my Great Aunt(moms aunt on her mom's side) beat breast cancer 2x already. i dont know if that means it runs in the family though. Shes the only one on that side of the family who has had it so far. Sorry, I dont know the answer to this, i just wanted to keep an eye on this question because i've wondered the same thing.

Jennie Q
you could. doesnt mean you for sure do...Just be sure you do your monthly breast exam (some lumps/bumps are normal) if you suspect one is out of the norm, get it checked out! get mamorgrams...9/10 breast tumors are benign. but it still nothing to joke around about....breast cancer has a great survival rate if cought early.

susannna_kaysen_420
Rating
No it just means you're pre disposed to it & should have regular annual mammograms when you turn 30-35 & every year after. They say if it's detected early it's more treatable too. Don't worry..

sheril1205
Rating
Ask the doctor when they think you need to start having mammograms. Depending on the age of the relative will determine when you should be on the lookout for yourself.

lo_mcg
Rating
No it doesn't.

The two known faulty genes that are responsible for hereditary breast cancer, BRCA1 and BRCA2, are passed from parent to child - if a parent (either one) carries one of the genes, each of their children have a 50% chance of inheriting it. Inheriting it means a 50 - 80% chance of developing breast cancer.

So you can only have the gene if your mother (I'm assuming your aunt who has the faulty gene is your mother's sister) also inherited it and if she passed it on to you.

You don't say whether your other aunt's cancer and your cousin's cancer were also due to a faulty gene. This link is to a page on breastcancer.org which gives information about when genetic testing is considered appropriate - there's lots more information on the site about hereditary breast cancer:
http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/genetic/odds_abnrml_genes.jsp

I have a friend who has had breast cancer and carries a faulty BRCA gene. Both her daughters have been tested for it; one has inherited it, the other has not.

@Janelle - hereditary breast cancer is rare - only 5 - 10% of breast cancer cases are hereditary. As your great aunt's cancer was the only case of breast cancer in your family, it isn't hereditary. An indication of cancer being hereditary, or running in the family, is when several members of the same side of the family have had the same type of cancer. Like other cancers, cancer diagnosed after the age of 50 is less likely to be hereditary

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy