Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What can Using Tobacco cause???

My husbands kidney cancer is now in his leg bone and a lesion in his brain. How long?

Do you ever get scared that cell phones and WiFi signals are giving you cancer/causing harm?

Is it possible for a genre of music to be so annoying it could cause a form of cancer?
My coworker blasts obnoxious rap music during work. It annoys me to no end, and sometimes i can feel the beat of the song in my skull, not in a pleasant way either. Can this kind of stress cause ...

Is it possible to survive 2b cervical cancer.?

Could smoking marajuana make high grade precancerous cells in the cervix turn to cancer?

Would someone who was really sick with cancer...?
...stay in bed or be in the hospital?
Additional Details
assume the person was 70 years in age/...

Swollen lymph glands?
ive had severel swollen glands under my left armpit at first there was only one big one and i was 16 at the time, now im 25 and theres still the big one but lots of little ones clustered around it, ...

How do i break it to a friend that i have cancer?

Is there a cure for lymphoma-cancer?

Why the defence mechanism of body cant detect the changes in cancer cells ?

How long does one normally live with Leukimia?? My friend has just been diagnosed!!?

Has any one used Zyban to give up smoking?
I have been taking Zyban for just over 2 weeks now and i have successfully managed to kick the weed.
Lets hope I can keep it up when Ive finished the course....

Can wearing a bra for a long time cause breast cancer?

Im worried abour the lump on my back...?
i noticed that i have a lump on my lower back, im worried. what could it be, what should i do? its been there for a week now and it hasnt changed at all. it doesnt hurt. its about the length and ...

Treatment of bladder cancer while pregnant?
need to know if you can carry a baby if you have been diagnosed with bladder cancer and been surgecally ...

Do cell phones cuz CANCER OMG?

Is it true that allen carr (of easyway) has lung cancer?

Can artificial sweetner cause cancer?

What is cancer?

Karen D
Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

nokey4eva2000
you will get cramps easier. Potassium helps keep your muscles lubricated.

Scorpius59
Rating
you need to eat bananas.

ditto
Rating
Potassium is one of the minerals (also referred to as electrolytes) in the body. Almost 98% of potassium is found inside the cells. Small changes in the potassium that is present outside the cells can have severe effects on the heart, nerves, and muscles.

Potassium is important to maintain several bodily functions.

Our arms and legs, for example, need potassium for the muscles to move.

The heart would not beat without potassium, which is also necessary to regulate blood pressure.

The kidney is the main organ that controls the balance of potassium. It removes excess potassium into the urine.

When potassium levels are low, you can become weak as cellular processes are impaired.
If you have your blood checked, you might compare your readings with normal levels. The normal potassium level is 3.5-5.0 mEq/L (this is a measure used to evaluate the level). Low potassium is defined as a potassium level below 3.5 mEq/L.
Almost 1 out of 5 people hospitalized in the United States have a low potassium level. Up to 14% of people otherwise seen in doctors' offices have slightly low potassium levels.
Low potassium can occur for many reasons. Use of water pills (diuretic therapy), diarrhea, and chronic laxative abuse are the most common causes of low potassium in the elderly.

Kidney losses

Certain kidney disorders such as renal tubular acidosis (see chronic kidney failure and acute kidney failure)

Magnesium deficiency

Leukemia
Loss through stomach and intestines

Vomiting

Enemas or excessive laxative use

Diarrhea

After ileostomy operation
Effect of medicines

Water pills (diuretics)

Medicines used for asthma or emphysema (beta-adrenergic agonist type of drugs such as bronchodilators, steroids, or theophylline)

Aminoglycosides (a type of antibiotic used for treating certain serious infections)
Shift of potassium across cells

Use of insulin

Certain metabolic states (such as alkalosis)
Decreased intake or malnutrition

Check this site for the rest of the info - too much to include here!
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/low_potassium/page2_em.htm

babbles
Eat a banana everyday and maybe you'll have perfect potassium levels.

dr.frend_4_u
Rating
cardiac arrythmias.

tillula
Rating
you need to eat some bananas kid!

JACKIE
Rating
Your low in potassium!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy