Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

How do I tell my parents that I think I have Lymphoma? Is there any way to start the converversation easily?
I've had the lumps for over a year now, but I somehow kept tricking myself into thinkng it was nothing, which it definitely isn't. Please any help is greatly appreciated....

Please help! im scared that i might have skin cancer
i tan alot and i have a mole on my upper stomach, at first i thought it was a freckle now it is a mole and it looks normal its a circle...but is there any way it might turn to skin cancer?? please ...

Top 10 ways to avoid ANY cancer?
What are the top 10 ways to avoid any cancer disease? what food, what vitamins?

So we can all be healthy and strong =D...

Can smoking marajuana cause cirrhosis of the liver?

What are some songs about breast cancer?

Which works best: nicotine patch, gum or lozenge?

Question about cancer?
Does cancer hurt?...

Second opinion needed. How do we go about getting one? Mom diagnosed with terminal cancer.?
I have electronic copy of reports. Doctors at current hospital refuse to treat her for fear that treatment will cause her already reduced functioning kidneys to fail. They have recommended Hospice ...

Why there is no medicine or treatment to cure Blood cancer and AIDS?
what are the difficulties to invent medicine to cure blood cancer and AIDS ...

Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

I am suppose to have a Mastectomy?
If the Dr. removes the nipple, what are my options? I have heard of tattoos and making a nipple. I am over 50, but I still have a hard time thinking of nothing there....

How do you know if you have breast cancer?
I found tiny lumps in my left breast. I also have the sores on my nipple. Plus to top it all off breast cancer runs in both sides of my family. I'm scared to death!! Please tell me the signs of ...

Have you ever had a Friend or a Family member with Cancer?
May i ask who it was? And what kind of cancer it was? We found out my Mom had kidney cancer after she passed away. We didn't know when she was alive she had cancer. And is your family member or ...

Link between seatbelts and breast cancer?
I'm wondering if this has ever been looked at. Specifically the material the seatbelt is made of (nylon), the materials' exposure to other auto-making materials (chemicals, plastics, metals)...

Can a mammogram see an abnormality that an ultrasound can miss?

Is there any proof that people with end stage cancer and in a coma can hear?
A family member passed away last week, she had cancer. While in her last hours we all took turns telling her we loved her and that she was free to go in peace. Is there any evidence that supports the ...

After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood................

Please read...?
okayy my mom had her mammogram on monday and she got a call on wenesday that they saw smething. they want her to come back on friday. they sad theres endless things it could be so dont jump to the ...

Cancer question?
My grandpa was diagonsed with lung cancer 5 1/2 years ago, and he is still alive. Is this unusal for someone with lung caner?...

Can putting plastic plates and bowls in the microwave give cancer?
they say when you put it in the microwave,waves go in through the plate into the food.Is this true?...

chickenalfredolover
Is cancer is natrual death?
In my opinion, cancer is not a natrual death, we can avoid cancer, for example you get skin cancer by staying out in the sun for to long, but we can control that and avoid staying out in the sun for to long. So my question is cancer a natrual death even when we can control it?

nitemare hippy grl
Rating
Sometimes it is genetic and there's nothing you can do about it.

zoe
Rating
nope

Determinedlittlelady
Rating
No it is not a natural death. Just as heart attacks and strokes are not included within causes of natural death. Cancer is a cause of death. A natural death is when your body just stops for no clear or apparent reason.

Kevan
Rating
The body doesn't simply STOP with a natural death, we just consider a natural death something reasonable for that person's age and lifestyle, like a heart attack for an eighty year-old male.

natural death
–noun death that occurs from natural causes, as disease or old age, rather than from violence or an accident.

Cancer is definitely natural death. It doesn't involve the accumulation of toxins. It is simply cells in our body multiplying out of control, and not functioning or dying in the ordinary way. There is, in my opinion, nothing more natural than cancer as a form of death.

Technically, you can "avoid", or reduce the risk of every form of death, but eventually the damage and wear to one's body will accumulate.

Even the air that we breathe causes cancer, from "free radical" oxygen molecules that damage the genetic makeup of our cells. While many avoidable substances can cause cancer, even avoiding cigarette smoke, smog, red food colouring, and direct sunlight doesn't mean that your body won't develop cancer, so it is most definitely a natural cause of death, unless you worked in a uranium mine for twenty years.

Denisedds
Yes of course it is a natural death. There are only a few ways to die, accidental, natural causes, suicide and homicide.

There is no way you or anyone else can control if you get cancer or not. It is not a preventable disease. Of course you can do things that may decrease your risk of getting some types of cancer, but it is certainly not in your control.

mighty i
Rating
yes!

Panda
Rating
Yes, cancer is considered a natural death. And you are wrong to believe that cancer can be avoided. There are over 200 different types of cancer and only a handful of known risks may or may not 'cause' cancer. Smoking is the only well known risk that can place a person at risk to develop lung cancer . . but that is only one out of over 200. There is no known cause for the majority of cancers, especially childhood cancers of which there are about twenty . . including sarcoma (there are over 60 different subtypes). Sarcoma predominately strikes children, teens, and young adults . . it is called rare . .but it is probably misdiagnosed and far more prevalent and lethal than anyone has suspected. There is no known cause. Children and young adults die from sarcoma and other cancers . . and it is considered a 'natural death'.

Too remember that not everyone that smokes gets lung cancer . . and not everyone who has lung cancer . . ever smoked. Thus you cannot say that lung cancer is always caused by environmental factors.

Also, skin cancer can occur in locations on the body that are never exposed to the sun . . ever . .such as the soles of the feet .. thus, even the sun isn't totally the 'cause' for skin cancer. There are unknown factors at work.

Cancer is an ancient disease . . not new at all . . it has always been around and so far, there is no known cure for all cancers. Just treatment that can lead to an individual 'cure'.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy