Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

I am suppose to have a Mastectomy?
If the Dr. removes the nipple, what are my options? I have heard of tattoos and making a nipple. I am over 50, but I still have a hard time thinking of nothing there....

How do you know if you have breast cancer?
I found tiny lumps in my left breast. I also have the sores on my nipple. Plus to top it all off breast cancer runs in both sides of my family. I'm scared to death!! Please tell me the signs of ...

Have you ever had a Friend or a Family member with Cancer?
May i ask who it was? And what kind of cancer it was? We found out my Mom had kidney cancer after she passed away. We didn't know when she was alive she had cancer. And is your family member or ...

Link between seatbelts and breast cancer?
I'm wondering if this has ever been looked at. Specifically the material the seatbelt is made of (nylon), the materials' exposure to other auto-making materials (chemicals, plastics, metals)...

Can a mammogram see an abnormality that an ultrasound can miss?

Is there any proof that people with end stage cancer and in a coma can hear?
A family member passed away last week, she had cancer. While in her last hours we all took turns telling her we loved her and that she was free to go in peace. Is there any evidence that supports the ...

After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood................

Please read...?
okayy my mom had her mammogram on monday and she got a call on wenesday that they saw smething. they want her to come back on friday. they sad theres endless things it could be so dont jump to the ...

Cancer question?
My grandpa was diagonsed with lung cancer 5 1/2 years ago, and he is still alive. Is this unusal for someone with lung caner?...

Can putting plastic plates and bowls in the microwave give cancer?
they say when you put it in the microwave,waves go in through the plate into the food.Is this true?...

What can Using Tobacco cause???

My husbands kidney cancer is now in his leg bone and a lesion in his brain. How long?

Do you ever get scared that cell phones and WiFi signals are giving you cancer/causing harm?

Is it possible for a genre of music to be so annoying it could cause a form of cancer?
My coworker blasts obnoxious rap music during work. It annoys me to no end, and sometimes i can feel the beat of the song in my skull, not in a pleasant way either. Can this kind of stress cause ...

Is it possible to survive 2b cervical cancer.?

Could smoking marajuana make high grade precancerous cells in the cervix turn to cancer?

Would someone who was really sick with cancer...?
...stay in bed or be in the hospital?
Additional Details
assume the person was 70 years in age/...

Swollen lymph glands?
ive had severel swollen glands under my left armpit at first there was only one big one and i was 16 at the time, now im 25 and theres still the big one but lots of little ones clustered around it, ...

How do i break it to a friend that i have cancer?

LushLinzi
My dads had a colonoscopy and they found 7 polyps this is the second time in a year
this time only 6 came black clear, the last one wasnt so they have sent the 7th one for another biopsy what do you think this means?

serious answers please

thierrysmum
i had a friend who this kept happening to,every year they would call her back and remove more.she lived to a ripe old age.

heckenhocker
Rating
It sounds as if they found some abnormal looking cells in polyp 7, and want to do more test to check what the cells are. Could be benign (nuisance, but not cancer) or pre-cancerous (cells that if left will be a cancer) or malignant (cancer)

Until they complete the biopsy, the doctors can't determine what the polyp means.

IF it is cancer, finding it at the polyp stage is good news. (well as good as it gets with cancer!) This would be stage 1 or stage 2A colon cancer, and these stages are successfully treated with surgery only.

For your father, the "surgery" is probably already done....the polyp has been removed. They might want to repeat colonoscopy to take another look at and biopsy the bowel wall to check it has not got beyond the polyp...but they probably did this when finding the assorted polyps. Maybe also monitor his CEA / CA19-9 through blood tests (these are colon cancer markers).

In these early stages, colon cancer is really survivable. IF your dad has it, I'm very glad it was found so early. I hope it's not cancer....even survivable ones are rather a shock!

Good luck to you and your dad. Try and stay strong through the worry of waiting

donnajaneindigo
Rating
some polyps turn cancerous, this polyp may be changing.
The good news is that it has been caught and they can hopefully give him treatment. Try not to worry until the results are back and you have spoke to the surgeon.

Melting Media EAC
Rating
The fact he's on top of the situation is encouraging. He'll have it stopped before it starts. My sister survived colon cancer because she sought treatment as soon as she felt something was wrong.

Thinker
This polyp may show some early signs of cell changes which might later develop into cancer. It's a bit like the smear test that women have for cervical cancer. The idea is to catch the disease early before it has time to develop. Treating cell changes as soon as they occur prevents the cancer from ever happening. Feel reassured that your dad is getting the best treatment.

gangadharan_nair
An intestinal polyp is any mass of tissue that arises from the bowel wall and protrudes into the lumen. Most are asymptomatic except for minor bleeding, which is usually occult. The main concern is malignant transformation; most colon cancers arise in a previously benign adenomatous polyp. Diagnosis is by endoscopy. Treatment is endoscopic removal.
The following is recommended to reduce the risk of developing polyps:
* Eat a diet low in fat and high in fruits, vegetables, and fiber
* Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol intake
* Maintain a normal body weight
People over 50 should have a colonoscopy screening, which makes earlier diagnosis and treatment possible. This may reduce the odds of developing colon cancer, or at least helps catch it in its most treatable stage. Those with a family history of colon cancer or colon polpys may need to be screened at an earlier age.
Colonoscopy prevents colon cancer by removing polyps before they can become cancer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy