Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can smoking marajuana cause cirrhosis of the liver?

What are some songs about breast cancer?

Which works best: nicotine patch, gum or lozenge?

Question about cancer?
Does cancer hurt?...

Second opinion needed. How do we go about getting one? Mom diagnosed with terminal cancer.?
I have electronic copy of reports. Doctors at current hospital refuse to treat her for fear that treatment will cause her already reduced functioning kidneys to fail. They have recommended Hospice ...

Why there is no medicine or treatment to cure Blood cancer and AIDS?
what are the difficulties to invent medicine to cure blood cancer and AIDS ...

Can you tell me what it means that your body is low in potassium?

I am suppose to have a Mastectomy?
If the Dr. removes the nipple, what are my options? I have heard of tattoos and making a nipple. I am over 50, but I still have a hard time thinking of nothing there....

How do you know if you have breast cancer?
I found tiny lumps in my left breast. I also have the sores on my nipple. Plus to top it all off breast cancer runs in both sides of my family. I'm scared to death!! Please tell me the signs of ...

Have you ever had a Friend or a Family member with Cancer?
May i ask who it was? And what kind of cancer it was? We found out my Mom had kidney cancer after she passed away. We didn't know when she was alive she had cancer. And is your family member or ...

Link between seatbelts and breast cancer?
I'm wondering if this has ever been looked at. Specifically the material the seatbelt is made of (nylon), the materials' exposure to other auto-making materials (chemicals, plastics, metals)...

Can a mammogram see an abnormality that an ultrasound can miss?

Is there any proof that people with end stage cancer and in a coma can hear?
A family member passed away last week, she had cancer. While in her last hours we all took turns telling her we loved her and that she was free to go in peace. Is there any evidence that supports the ...

After taking chemotherapy,when the body regain its health?
I mean hair,strength of blood................

Please read...?
okayy my mom had her mammogram on monday and she got a call on wenesday that they saw smething. they want her to come back on friday. they sad theres endless things it could be so dont jump to the ...

Cancer question?
My grandpa was diagonsed with lung cancer 5 1/2 years ago, and he is still alive. Is this unusal for someone with lung caner?...

Can putting plastic plates and bowls in the microwave give cancer?
they say when you put it in the microwave,waves go in through the plate into the food.Is this true?...

What can Using Tobacco cause???

My husbands kidney cancer is now in his leg bone and a lesion in his brain. How long?

Do you ever get scared that cell phones and WiFi signals are giving you cancer/causing harm?

sk8erdudehusky
My sister thinks she has breast cancer?
I don't know anything about it, but she keeps asking everyone if she does. She says she has lumps in her breast and they are big and hurt to poke. She is ONLY 13. She is small, and many people say when they had small breast they had lumps in there to. so...Can someone help her. I am worried about her. I don't think teens get breast cancer though.
Additional Details
Tell me desciptive signs, or tell me if there are lumps that are not breast cancer.

theamericanmissionary
She will be fine I am sure. Fear of cancer is a type of cancer. Tell her to have faith in the Lord Jesus and she will always be in good health.

Simmi
Rating
It probably isn't cancer but she needs to see a doctor to be sure and to know what is goingon.

Jaime
Rating
You need to talk to your parents and they have to make a decision to take her immediately to the doctor

CLO-e
It is very rare for a teenager to have breast cancer. The fact that she has more than one lump makes her risk very small. Please have her watch a self breast exam video at www.komen.org/bse. Young women have dense breast tissue which can fill like little peas or marbles in the breast. Most common area is at the top which would be described as 12 0'clock where the breast have a lot of glandular tissue from when the breast were developing.

sickofbeingsick
At her age, lumps tend to be fibrocystic changes. The lumps will likely come and go with her menstrual cycle. It is very rare for girls to get breast cancer at that age.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 31. I always thought that it would be impossible for me to know a cancer lump from a fibro lump.

No need to have worried-the cancer lump was a totally different species.

Anyway, it is good for her to be aware of her breasts at this age simply BECAUSE they already feel lumpy. That way, she will always have to be diligent and aware of any changes.

Symptoms and signs of breast cancer can be:
Lump that is palpable (means that you can feel it)
Puckering skin
Dimpled skin
Bloody discharge from the nipple

Yes, there can be pain with a cancerous lump, but that isn't until the disease has progressed.

Have her start going to a gynocologist now so that she can get herself in the habit of getting checked.

Good luck.

Dana A
She should see a doctor yesterday. Why hasn't she been to a doctor yet? Teens can get breast cancer.

Dana

lo_mcg
Rating
It is extremely unusual for a teenager to get breast cancer; it is mainly a disease of ageing and 80% of people diagnosed are over 50

Even in adult women, most breast lumps are not cancerous; many women have naturally lumpy breasts and most cancerous breast lumps are not painful.

Her breasts are growing and developing and what she is going to notice changes, some of them uncomfortable

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy