Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I really, really want to die?
nothing is right in my life. i have no family or friends. i have no money. i have been depressed for years. i was molested for almost a year when i was younger. how ironic is it that i have a degree ...

How do you face depression?

Im depressed....?
Im depressed about school. I just started thinking about it and started crying. Because my astronomy class is so hard and I dont think I can pass it theres 3 weeks left. And I failed ALL the test and ...

How do you relax when something is worrying you?

Whinging people with depression, why don't the miserable buggers just snap out of it?

Does smoking too much hash cause mood swings?
Im not the one smoking it !...

PLEASE HELP ME! I cant take it anymore......?
Please refer to previous question for all details.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.
I have suffered for ...

Pls..help me ...my friend is cutting herself? wht shall i do?
she is cutting herself. she never listens to me i hav said her not to cut herself but she keeps on doing tht she controlled herself for almost 1 week again she has started to cut i dont know wht ...

1-800-suicide?????
can i call 1800suicide and ask them there opinion on if i should see a psychiatrist..after telling them how i been feeling and my thoughts and such???
Does anyone know of a number i could call ...

What is the worst evil drugs or alcohol???
or a ...

My lifes a mess!?
i`ve just split with my gf, im in a job i DETEST, my family do nothing but nag me, iv just did AS level exams and i dont think ive done very well! i fear that if i fail more than 1 subject (which is 8...

Suicide - Right or wrong..brave or Coward?
Been contemplating it since i was 8 years old,i used to self harm all the time from mild cutting to trying to hang my self etc.I'm not nuts (I don't think)?Why do i feel like this every ...

If an artist can no longer create art...are they still an artist?
After a brief career surge, I have become unable to create my art. I suffer from debilitating refractory major depression and can no longer compose music. I feel like part of me is missing. Am I ...

Is this depression?
i have been working and going to school i have a great job and my classes have been going fine. but recently i just haven't seem to have been caring much. bad things seem to happen to me all the ...

Is it wrong to cut youself?
my life is bad. I feel like its bad HELP...

Can money make you happy?. Is evrything about money?

Suicidal mom?
i came home and found something d isturbing i know she wants to die it sux so bad for all of us i wanna help her should i let her go like she says is best im scared and in trouble all the time and my ...

Are u scared to die?

Do I have a mental disorder?
My mind will not shut off, (thinking wise I mean). I am constantly worrying about everything. From weight, money, things I did wrong in my life, the future, relationships etc... My job does not make ...

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

j_ricks
Why should'nt i do suicide ?
I really don't see any other option because i have a miserable life. Anyone who look at me wont find any reason why should i do that but i hv lot of reasons:
1.My father died 11 yrs. ago when i was just 7
2.I have social phobia and cant take my responsibilities towrds my family because of this unexplainable "fear".
3.I hv no friends
4.girls flirt with me but i cant respond (bcz of social phobia) and they think i m gay
5.I dont see any point in living like this & burden on my family
do u agree

Psykosis
Rating
Before you read any of what I am going to say, please just think first. Think about what you're actually talking about. You're throwing away your life literally because there was darkness and your past, and because you can't see the light ahead. Well there is light ahead, my friend.

You may not be a Christian, but I believe God has further use for you. You may not know this, but don't cut yourself short. Maybe all you're missing is a little spiritual connection. I know you probably don't want to be hearing this right now, because I sure didn't at the time, but I re-thought everything.

Let go of the past, friend. Just accept, but never forget.

Being realistic, if that's what it takes for my words to actually help you (if my previous did not), there is still a future ahead of you. You are what you make of yourself. Stay strong, and get back up. Stay with us, and stand a chance in life. Once you take your own life, you will never be able to bring it back. I, myself, do not want you to do this. There is still hope. You are still a somebody!

Your family needs you, buddy. If you end your life, that WILL be a burden on your family, and they will blame themselves for your death. Nobody is ever alone. Heed my words, you are a person, and you will feel this way. I've felt the same exact way, just stacking up a bunch of cons in my life. I understand you! I may not understand what it is like to have a social phobia, but I know what it feels like for girls to be thinking of you that way.

I used to be extremely shy, and would always be "too nice" or "too shy" or "too strange" to a girl. Some girls thought I was gay because of how shy I was. Let girls think that way, because they are girls. They do not know you, your past, your life, what you go through. Your family does, and that is what matters.

I seriously hope this helps you. You have a friend here.

Your friend,
GK

P.S. I've been through some dark times, friend. I've run through the thoughts of suicide countless times. One time, I was brave enough to tell my counselor that I wanted to commit suicide, or that I even wanted to take others down with me. I was sent to the mental hospital to be evaluated, and it took them 9 hours to tell me I was normal. I only was being honest, but after going through that, I know how much people can care about other people, deep down.

yankeegirl
Ok. Things seem bad but killing yourself is really not the answer. The answer is to overcome these things and be stronger for it. Suicide is the easy way out. First of all, pull yourself together and make an appointment to see your doctor. Second, actually keep the appointment and go talk to the doctor and tell him that you are seriously depressed with thoughts of suicide. He will write you a prescription for an antidepressant. Third, you need to take that medication faithfully and get on to a path of healing and regain your strength. You are NOT a burden to your family and, yes, you're right.... There is no point in living like this when you can seek help and get your life on track. DON"T KILL YOURSELF, PLEASE!!!!!

Divina
You recognize that you have a problem. That is a good sign. Please seek professional help. Life is too beautiful to waste.

If you have thoughts of suicide, these options are available to you.

Call 1-800-273-TALK
Check yourself into the emergency room
Tell someone who can help you find help immediately and after an acute suicidal attack has passed.
Most people can be treated with a combination of antidepressant medication and psychotherapy. A suicidal person urgently needs to see a doctor or psychiatrist.

In the UK The Samaritans are a well known organisation that offer support for the suicidal. The service is completely confidential.
Telephone: 08457 90 90 90 (UK)
1850 60 90 90 if you are in the Republic of Ireland
E-mail: jo@samaritans.org
Anonymous E-mail: samaritans@anon.twwells.com

Just hold on. Your family loves you.

I will pray for you.

Mahesh R
Life is precious and you live only once. Live honourably and die honourably. Suicide is a cowardice act and like wasting the life. A responsible person should not run away or shirk. Be courageous and find a purpose to live in the responsibilities and for others' sake. Don't feel miserable on flimsy accounts.

Ramasubramanian
Rating
Death occurs to all even to you when times comes. But just because of these things which is not at all worth to worry if you are going to loose UR life means its meaningless. The Family will never think that U R burden to them For social Phobia either U go to the doctor and act as per doctor's advice or Just try the Yoga.

Lief Tanner
Rating
I will take another path and say look at everything you have just said, and stop thinking and complaining about everything in your life. If everything is as bad as you say they are, then complaining about them and threatening to kill yourself is not going to do you any good.

Try working on your problems one step at a time, don't simply take them all in and make up your mind that they are impossible to fix, when you haven't even tried.

If you don't try and fix your problems, then by all means, kill yourself, but since I know you are only seeking attention from all this, then what I have said doesn't matter, so do what you will.

And those here who disagree with anything I have said - you are entitled to that belief, but it doesn't make me any less wrong than you yourself are in what you think.

pdevans1963@rogers.com
no

suicide does not change one of those facts. you may be different many people are but your life can still have as much meaning as you want it to. it just won't be the same as everyone elses meaning.

don't make your lifes goals about the things you know you cant have

just like a blind man learns to live without making his life about painting. or a deaf man about music.
find a focus you can maintain

assuming you are not deaf take up music guitar is easiest that is an excellent way that many angst ridden teens cope with lonliness.

don't think of performing for others though . it would be just for you and your own self fulfilment.

trust me ....nothing gives you a feeling that it is good to be alive than that of personal accomplishment. and music gives you that in spades.

barsha
Rating
i don't agree with you
life is one so enjoy your life, spend some times with your family, listen music as you love, talking your friends.
and lots more. don't think about your past

joy2ful1
Rating
Ok, I have been on both ends of this. I have thought of suicide and I have also lost more than one friend to it. Really, if you want to, you can make a change to better your life. Suicide isn't the answer. I can tell you, if you do, you are hurting more people than you knew even cared. If you reach out to them now, they will show you. Even if you have to put it into writing how you feel for your family or anyone for that matter that you trust, they will be there for you. Life is not a joke or a game. I would have given anything to have had just one of my friends reach out to me or anyone for that matter. Life is what you make it.... you just have to want it. I wish I could let you feel what I have felt, with losing someone to suicide, it is like no other pain. Please, you just have to try...

?
Rating
you shouldnt do it because i care about u. i may not know u, but i do care for u. but in the main thing, you will go to HELL if you commit suicide. it is a mortal sin to god to do that and you dont want to go to hell for that honey.

Jade_Fer_Sure
Rating
How can anyone agree with you? No one should take their own life no matter what the reason. My dad hasn't died but I really don't get to see him. His job keeps him on the road a lot so i only get to see him every other month. I put on a smile for my family so as not to cause an even bigger burden. With each day that comes I live it differently. I don't let others decide for me, and that's what your doing. Those girls that flirt with you to act mean arn't worth your time, they're just people that get kicks out of toying with others. So forget about them. You'll make friends soon enough just stop thinking so gloomy like. Take charge of your life. Go after what you want. You only get one chance so make it last. Don't go throwing it away. And as for this social phobia you have...just forget about it. You only have it because you think about it. I know because my best friend had it and now she has me....just forget about everyone else and do what you want.

moira o
Rating
oh my goodness ok heres what i have to say about that...

you family loves you and you need to try to get over your social phobia.

my dad died when i was 7 too but it sounds mean but im over it

if chicks dig you just say hey wanna go to the movies and then you won't really need to socialize

if you kill yourself your whole family will start to fall apart and you will have died for a bad reason

you will grow better as you grow older and

OK I NEED TO STOP I AM BALLING MY EYES OUT PLEASE DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE!

None
Rating
I don't know all your problems. But let us talk about the one that you mentioned here - 'social phobia'.

It takes a lot of resolve to commit suicide. And there is no turning back, no second chances. No other ways.

For social phobia, there are a 100 chances. If not this girl, then the next one. If not this friend then the next one. There are options. You will definitely not get a friend in the first attempt. It will take a 100 attempts to get a friend. Hey the good thing is you have more than 100 chances.

I am sorry you lost your father. Be brave. Make your father proud of you. Live.

Rating
you should respond to those girls who flirst with you, you will get friends and love. be yourself and tell them your problems, especially about your fear. dont worry, they will help you. if they dont, keep looking for another girl.

Hari_h_k
Rating
you are a brave person who wants to conform from as many people as you can about a dession which is very personal(opposite to social)
you must have misundersood your bravery to be a social fobia.
This tells that you r very good (i mean healthy) on the internet and in this web world one can live more than a life time if he can survive.
Keep going... ask similar questions for years to come and capture everybodys attention...(tension lane ka nahi dane ka hey)...

to do this you must be alive.....

Sleepover Marshmallow
Rating
because it's a cowardly thing to do.
you're meant to make the best of your life, that's the purpose of life itself.
do what will make you happy and now that you have identified your problems, make sure you do what you can to come out of your shell.
it sure isn't easy and will not happen overnight - you have to keep trying.
good luck.
if you think you need someone to talk to, IM me.

sheru
Rating
um...NOOO!!!...i dont agree...you can help yourself..to get well...start today..dont let anxiety and depression steal your life..its your mind..so tell it what to do...your life is in your hands...and you deserve a very happy life...you can get well ...and i know you can...

Zuzu
Rating
Please get some help right away! It sounds like you've had a pretty hard life, but so have alot of other people, and they have managed to get along. I'm mean think about it, you only get one chance at life. Why waste it? God has you here for a reason. If he didn't want you here, you wouldn't be here. Suicide only hurts your family, and you'll be passing the burden on to your family, not taking it away. So please stop feeling sorry for yourself and get some help!

Kay
suicide is sin, though shall not kill.

diva
Rating
no i dont think so dear

juz believe in god
and who says u don have frnds
c u have got so many answers

common get out of it everyone has to go through bad time but no one has only badtimes thr r good times too
juz wai
thr's a saying

i goes like this
when u ask something from god as in pray to god
if he does not reply back then don think the answer is no
mebbe its not the right time
if he does not give u now mebbe he has something better for u
so juz wait time will do good....
all the best
god bless u....

pinkylone p
Before u read my answer u'll realised that there r 24 people & 24 answers people had given u. I hope u know not everyone hates or even rejecting a guy with social phobia. When i was a child everyone laugh and reject me bcoz i'm very quiet. But i hope u be strong, dont keep it on mind when girls said u r homo. Always remember that people WHO had rejected u have much more fear than u do, they scared to be alone that's why they say nonsenses things bout u. Look at the newspaper everyday, u'll see there r many unfortunate kids/human waiting for someone to help them, some have disease & illness, but they stil struggle & looking for HOPE. So PLz dont suicide, clear it on mind. IM or email anyone in ur column. Be strong boy. u can email me too. ^_^

MastaP
My dad died when i was 12; to be honest i had alot of times where i really wanted to end it all and maybe even now. thing is im too much of a coward to kill myself ( i dont like pain )and i never really know if there is another life after this one even though i am christian.(this may be your last life!)

for that reason i try and stick with life, cuz things always seem to change even if it feels like the same stuff everyday.

time to time i thought well maybe if i did suicide then people would remember and love me more.....but its not the truth people actually hate the fact that your gone, even when it all seems hopeless.

get a counsler, yer phobia is treatable...u just need to start talking.

Fred M
First let's start with a reason you have already heard. "It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem." I lost a friend just one and a half weeks ago. I could see the signs and tried to reach him but he only saw the dark side of life. There is a better tomorrow, believe me. Also, when people do this they leave their family and friends to mourn and wonder what could they have done or what did they not do to prevent this. I lost a best friend in 1994 and for one year after I constantly beat myself up wondering what could I have done to help even though I did not see the signs in that case. This is a terrible thing to do to others as they live on to mourn and question their every move from the past. Please think of your loved ones, and there are many more than you think. Being only 18 years old you have a wonderful life ahead of you. Don't cheat yourself out of this God given gift of life.

avi
Rating
no dear frnd
u r my good frnd
every one in dis world needs somone
and i need u as my frnd
b confident
u r born 2 do somthing gr8 2 dis world buddy
so never ask dis question buddy

worried
Rating
your father might have died wen you were 7.......but mine....he left us and started a whole new family.......trust me ...you are in a much more better situation than me........atleast your father must have loved you while he was still on this earth.unlike mine........i was in the same place where you are standin now........but i did'nt give up on life that easily........and about girls,.........i'm sure that someday you will find someone just like you..........someone who shares the same problems as you.........dont give up that easily.....after all,the shadows prove the presence of sunlight.............i'm sharing this with you from personal experience......and trust me......life is worth living.

rishi
Rating
you are a fool.why do you think these stupid things.social phobia cant be treated sitting on your *** just asking stupid people like me solutions for your problems.i will suggest you somethings below
1- love yourself
2- try to be confident
3- dont think too much
4- dont give a damn to people who laugh at you
5- be religious
6- have faith in yourself
7- have conversation wiyh your family
9- read some jokes and success stories
10-do some physical exersice regularly
11-try to help some needy people

juicy_lucy
Rating
Your family loves you! They grew up with you, imagine what it would be like for them. Dont worry about the girl thing, dont you have classes that you can attend, to help with the social phobia? Its not worth it, think of all the mothers that cant have chldren, and the children that die unexpectedly, and people that are run down by cars or shot for no reason. you have a plac eon this erathj, dont destroy it, tallk to youre family abotu this, or maybe the classes will help........ just dont kill yourself, nothings worth that!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy