Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do you face depression?

Im depressed....?
Im depressed about school. I just started thinking about it and started crying. Because my astronomy class is so hard and I dont think I can pass it theres 3 weeks left. And I failed ALL the test and ...

How do you relax when something is worrying you?

Whinging people with depression, why don't the miserable buggers just snap out of it?

Does smoking too much hash cause mood swings?
Im not the one smoking it !...

PLEASE HELP ME! I cant take it anymore......?
Please refer to previous question for all details.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.
I have suffered for ...

Pls..help me ...my friend is cutting herself? wht shall i do?
she is cutting herself. she never listens to me i hav said her not to cut herself but she keeps on doing tht she controlled herself for almost 1 week again she has started to cut i dont know wht ...

1-800-suicide?????
can i call 1800suicide and ask them there opinion on if i should see a psychiatrist..after telling them how i been feeling and my thoughts and such???
Does anyone know of a number i could call ...

What is the worst evil drugs or alcohol???
or a ...

My lifes a mess!?
i`ve just split with my gf, im in a job i DETEST, my family do nothing but nag me, iv just did AS level exams and i dont think ive done very well! i fear that if i fail more than 1 subject (which is 8...

Suicide - Right or wrong..brave or Coward?
Been contemplating it since i was 8 years old,i used to self harm all the time from mild cutting to trying to hang my self etc.I'm not nuts (I don't think)?Why do i feel like this every ...

If an artist can no longer create art...are they still an artist?
After a brief career surge, I have become unable to create my art. I suffer from debilitating refractory major depression and can no longer compose music. I feel like part of me is missing. Am I ...

Is this depression?
i have been working and going to school i have a great job and my classes have been going fine. but recently i just haven't seem to have been caring much. bad things seem to happen to me all the ...

Is it wrong to cut youself?
my life is bad. I feel like its bad HELP...

Can money make you happy?. Is evrything about money?

Suicidal mom?
i came home and found something d isturbing i know she wants to die it sux so bad for all of us i wanna help her should i let her go like she says is best im scared and in trouble all the time and my ...

Are u scared to die?

Do I have a mental disorder?
My mind will not shut off, (thinking wise I mean). I am constantly worrying about everything. From weight, money, things I did wrong in my life, the future, relationships etc... My job does not make ...

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up ...

XXxH3L3NxXX
How do I stop myself from commiting suicide?
Hi

Im 16,I have depression,I self harm and Im suicidal.
I told my mom about the depression(not the self harm or being suicidal) a few weeks ago and she brought me to the doctor who put me on antidepressants(prozac).

The same day my mom got me loads vitamins. Now she is convinced Im better because of the vitamins she gave me.
She says I dont need the prozac anymore.

I cant stand this anymore. All I think about 24/7 is killing myself.
I need some advice-I know this is not really the place but I have nobody else to talk to. I cant talk to my doctor because he hates me and I dont have a counsellor or anyone.
My mom wont believe me if I tell her.

Help please...

matt
Rating
Try to think about the cause of your depression and then confront this aspect of your life head on. After all, if you are thinking of committing suicide you have nothing to lose.

anonymous
Your mom probably doesn't want to believe you have a problem. A lot of people fake it. I don't think you are faking it though, I think you may have a chemical imbalance and the pills might actually be your best bet. Of course, I am anti-drug so I don't blame you if you don't want to. Then again, drugs are better than death. Hmm.

Is there a reason you feel the way you do? Are you bored? Picked on? Lonely? Or is it just that you feel life is pointless?

Maybe you need some time to find yourself. You can send me a message, we can talk. Do you have a myspace?

My URL: myspace.com/veronicathecurious

I think I can help you better if I talk to you, so I can understand what's wrong.

jj1120
Rating
Honey, I don't know you but I do know that your life is worth living. Please know that if there are things in your life that you don't like you have the power to change them. Get involved with the community and help other people. I can't think of a better way to feel good about yourself. If you know any elderly people who need help, lend a hand. Join an after school activity. Make sure you get out in the fresh air every day and enjoy your life. You don't need other people to have a good life. Read books, watch television. There is so much life has to offer. Please don't end your life.

Libby F
Rating
try getting a therapist and have them give you suggestions about what to do. after you have done this stand up to your mom and tell her whats up because she more than anyone has the right to know

Nutumi N
Rating
prozac makes me more depressed because it makes me become a human vegetable.
I would take Omega-3 because it is a type of anti-depressant that is actually good for you physically and mentally.
Fish and seafood products contains Omega-3 as well. It is said that two fish a week is good enough.
Best thing is that I don't turn into a human vegetable with Omega-3.
Eat seafood every now and then, it's better then red meat, or if you don't like fish, take the supplement. Flaxseed contains a type of it too.

Modified: WIth my experience, I noticed that I am more focused with schooling and working in life. My memory increased. I am less frustrated with hard obstacles and seem to find a way to get through them.

lisa s
Rating
Hey Remember me ! You answered a question i posted about my little sisters suicide .thank you for your answer,,,i would really try and see a different doctor if your not comfortable with the one you have, and try talking to your mum .try n tell her everything on your mind,i have sufferd depression myself &know how hard it is to see a glipse of that light at the end of the tunnel ,,but trust me youll get there..always remember the way you feel now wont last forever x
Lisa
leighsa1980@hotmail.co.uk

Mimi
Rating
First of all here is a big {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} for you, I think you need it. I am a mom of 6 kids, two being around your age. One of my daughters tried to commit suicide and I thought the end of my world came falling on my head. She is a young teenager, and sure has her ups and downs, but she is my life, just like you are to your mom. You two may not see eye to eye on things, but she loves you with every breath inside of her.
If you are at the breaking point of thinking you can't go on anymore, get yourself to the local ER... they will help you. I know it's hard right now, but you need to think back at the positives in your life, you're in a bad spot right now, but I promise it won't last, you will get through this, but you have to be strong, you have to fight the urge to cut yourself, you have to get those thoughts of suicide out of your head. You are a beautiful person, your sight right now is clouded by your pain, but we all can see through it - you are calling out for help, and we all are here hoping that you take care of yourself. Get yourself the medical help that you need. Talk to your mom, show her what she needs to see (where you cut) and beg her for help. She loves you, I promise she won't turn her back on you. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. Think positive thoughts. ~Mimi~

Louise M
im very sorry to hear this
my friend committed suicide last year.
which was unanswered why
you gotta talk to some one and let them no how you are feeling you cant keep it locked to yourself this will only make things worse love, im sure your family and friends love and care for you speak to them about let them no what is going on in your head .
please do not commit suicide it is the wrong decision no matter what you are going through
please try and seek help
if you believe in God prayer to him and ask him to help you im sure he will help, it may not feel like it at first but it will
i no its hard but you gotta talk to someone and obviously you no that if you have came here
please please do not go down that road and do such a horrible thing it might release you from your pain and worry but think of the people you will be leaving behind what pieces they will have to put together
all im saying DONT DO IT!!!
Seek Help
phone a helpline of a sort
God bless x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x

neecey
Rating
OMG HUN... PLEASE DONT HURT YOURSELF ANYMORE... I USED TO THINK THE SAME WAY. BUT THEN I REALIZED THAT GOD PUT ME ON THIS EARTH FOR A REASON AND THAT HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN TAKE ME OUT OF IT... THINK OF THE PEOPLE YOU WOULD BE HURTING BY DOING THIS STARTING WITH UR MOM BECAUSE BELIEVE IT OR NOT THERES LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT CARE ABOUT YOU! AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN GOD THAN MAYBE YOU CAN FOCUS YOURSELF ON THE GOOD THINGS THAT LIFE HAS BROUGHT YOU AND THAT IT WILL BRING YOU IN THE FUTURE... AND IF UR MOM DOEST BELIEVE YOU, CALL THE SUICIDE HOTLINE AND THEY WILL HELP YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! UR A STRONG YOUNG WOMAN AND ITS IN YOU!!! TRY READING THE FOOTSTEPS POEM!!!! STAY STRONG HUN AND GOD BLESS YOU!

cunning linguist
Rating
What on earth are you doing, You are only 16 and thinking of
ending it all,WHY.Your life has only started to begin. Is there a problem you have with something in your life, are you being
bullied at school.Tell us the problem you obviously have and we will try to help you.

dont kill urself just trust me things will get better try to go to ur friends for help if ur parents wont help u. Its not worth it killing urself then what happens next i do not think u will go to heaven after that. Im sure u will do the right thing what ever u do get some help call 911 or a hotline. Plz its not worth it hopes this helps and keep strong!

shorty09
Rating
look just think bout it this way your mom does care bout u because she did take you to the doctor!! but please dont think bout killiing youself i bet you have so much ahead of u its not the end of the world here are people out there u can talk to there are programs and hotlines just dont kill yourself!!

lnl311
Rating
what happen to you maybe something in your mind is trying to come out i used to keep a lot of secrets of things that hurt or feel bad my advise is get a journal just for you and change the meds if they don't work and get a meditation tape for relaxing

annoymous
dont do it..everyone goes through hard times..trust me in time things will get better.

TitansChicka
im sure your doctor doesnt hate you! and try talking to your mom again because if you did kill your self think of how much pain it put your friends and family through and how your mom would feel knowing she could have done something. i know this from experience that it hurts to have a friend kill themselves. you have soo much to life for. God made you in his own image and he loves you and doesnt want to see you in pain. And you can talk to him about anything and he will help you. Trust me he does! i know this might sound churchy to you but it is sooo true! and there is someone out there that will be deeply disapointed and sad if you kill yourself because they love you for you and think you beautiful, pretty, smart, talented and soo much more! your friends will be so hurt and your family will be in so much pain if you do this. you dont want to cause your family and friends pain and sorrow do you? well if you need someone to talk to add me and we can talk. i know im prolly not that much help but ive had a friend kill him self and i know its painful and its even more painful to see his mom and dad and brother and what they have to go through.

LizzieP
Rating
please don't kill yourself. go to the emergency room, tell them what you wrote here, you have to get a therapist and go back on the meds. it sounds like you are clinically depressed and your mom giving you a bunch of vitamins is not going to help. if you need to go to another doctor, please do that. you need all of the help that you can get. I know that you are scared and you feel like you're alone but you're not. once you get the proper medication and therapy things will get better. have the doctor talk to your mom and get her to understand what's going on. it'll be ok, you're in my prayers. good luck to you.

Nana
Rating
Learn to love yourself.

Loving yourself is not to be confused with being self-centered or narcissistic which basically means being engrossed with oneself and one’s own affairs. It is not about being egoistical and conceited. There is a huge difference between these two.

You need to know that when you love yourself you will feel connected with the inner beautiful person that you are inside. We are all a being of light but that light will not be bright if you fail to spark it and give it life. To give it life is to give it love and when love flows within you, you will begin the process of loving yourself.

You can read more here
http://selfempoweredwoman.com/26/stop-self-destrucion-by-loving-yourself/

Lady Maria-Kate
would it sound stupid to tell you to go to your happy place? no? well do. thats not sarcastic.

listen to me, you need to tell someone--anyone you trust--what you just told me and then you need to think of all the things that make you happy about life. if its a particular food, load up, if its music, buy and ipod and go wild, if its friends, through a sleepover.

YOU WILL PASS THROUGH THIS STAGE< I NO

srar
Call suicide hotline 1800-suicide or a talk line 1800 273-talk. You can get help. Even call the ambulance yourself. 911. Take care of yourself. You can do it.

Elmbeard
I feel the same. Often it seems so nice just to be able to go to sleep and not wake up and be in peace and free from all the aggravation. When I did attempt it once, I pulled back not because I saw sense - sense was leading me to do it: I was no longer wanted by anyone and just got in the way, but I thought of one thing I would never experience again if I went ahead - that I would never again make love with a girl with long hair. For me that was the one and only thing worse than dying, but enough to stop me. And I did in the end make love with a girl with long hair, so it was worth it.

First things first. Prozac if is working kicks in after a few weeks, so you should be noticing by now if things are any more hopeful or possible. Don't expect too much, just if you start finding some things are no longer impossible. If that happens, then keep on the Prozac a while longer. If not, then you need to come off Prozac and onto another medication, but it must be done gradually. Drop half a tablet every other day, then every day, then do the same dropping a whole tablet and so on. It takes about 3 months to wean yourself off Prozac. Any less is dangerous - tell your mother that.

Next is to find an antidepressant that works. Perhaps the next to try are the tricyclics (which encourage dreaming). Your doctor should be able to advise, but it seems to have lost your trust, so you need another doctor, preferably one not connected with your mother, so you can be open with him without worrying about the come-back. Is there a clinic in the local hospital?

A good supplement to try is Zinc. Get some emergency Zinc Sulphate if you can. When I was suicidal, the expensive little Seven Seas zinc berries were life savers, just giving an instant boost at bad times.

Now you have done the first aid, next comes the proper treatment. You need a few hugs and kisses because they are always nice to have. Here are some: xxx0xxx0x . You need to be able to ring The Samaritans when you feel really bad. I have used them quite a lot. They do not pass judgement, nor do they offer advice or try to guide you. What they can do is to offer a listening ear until the worst of the mood passes and you get bored with talking about suicide and want to talk about something else for a change.

After that, it is just sorting out which direction you want your life to lead. I used to play the game I heard once in Red Dwarf (or was it Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy) where I imagined myself in a virtual reality machine which had complete control over all my senses, and I could then write the script for precisely what I would like most to happen. Even illegal things were fine in the script, since you can also write the law. You have an escape button you can use for emergencies, but otherwise everything can pan out precisely how you'd most like it. When you wake from this game, you might get a few ideas to try out in real life? (The illegal things only you need to keep just in the machine)...

piggy.bankk
ok dont waste a life. times get hard and you think it needs to end but things will get better and soon you'll find someone who likes you and you dont want them to miss there chance on getting to know you. live your life and even when things are absolutly horrible keep it through.

TERRAFIRE
Rating
Call the Samaritans:

UK: 08457 90 90 90
ROI: 1850 60 90 90

x-x-lucy-x-x
Rating
if you dont feel you can talk to your doctor, ask to speak to another doctor. you need to speak to someone, and get the help you need
good luck, hope it all works out for you

catloverr
Rating
okey don't kill yourself!!! just please don't, nomatter how tempting it is, DONT! Talk to your mom and everything will be okay!!?!?

good luck!!:)

buddybooka
Hi!!! Suicide is NOT the way to go.

Reason 1: People who commit suicide go to HELL!!!

Reason 2: This might just be a phase.

Reason 3: Think about how this will affect your mom!! Not ONLY will she become heartbroken, everybody will think of her as 'The girl with the crazy daughter who commited suicide'

Reason 4: Maybe you feel this way because you are bored? Maybe if you found a kind of activity that you are passionate about, it will make everything seem better. Maybe you just haven't found your place in this world yet.

Reason 5: Maybe you were supposed to grow up to be something GREAT (Like a scientist who solves global warming) and you commit suicide and then that never happens?

Reason 6: Maybe you only feel this way because something bad has happened recently, and you aren't quite over it yet.

If your doctor doesn't care about something
as serious as THIS, you should
get a new doctor!!!

Elias
please read this,
if there are three dots at the end of this pdf link below then please remove the three dots before going to this link.

http://www.hopeline.com/docs/suicide.pdf

minx
Rating
Dang girlfriend, please reach out and tell your mom what u just told us??? Your mom loves you with all her heart and it would positively crush her if she lost you buddy ....... she is the one person in this whole wide world who will always love you no matter how much trouble you are in, no matter how stressed you are and no matter what you think of yourself.... she will always love you with a love that runs so deep she would do anything in her power to help you to achieve peace & love & harmony in your life........ no matter how bad you think things are your mom will always try and make it right for you mate........ she's probably just as scared as you are about the way you are feeling but by not telling her you are shutting her out and you are and always will be her sweet baby... please give her a chance to help you and reach out to her........... you don't deserve to be miserable, you deserve to be full of life and health and vitality ......... reach out and grab that happiness mate .... there's a light there 4 u 2 buddy ......... please please please ;0)

peace & luv 2 u buddy
♥

catchris
Rating
Go to the nearest emergency room and tell them what you wrote. Now.

ograynoldaz
Rating
And your still taking the prozac?
You should really have a counselor, part of dealing with depression on medication goes hand in hand with also seeing someone to talk about how you feel and how you can cope. Your doctor does not hate you and even if he does who cares. He's there to help you, that is his job. Trust me, I gave my doctor a load of BS since I was little from having a wrong diagnostics to thinking a pill was making me fat, basically I gave him a run for his money and I'm sure he cringes when we have are visit but he helps me. And right to the the point he's going to help you. He gets paid to help you. You need to talk to him. You also need to realize that your in control of your thoughts and your actions. Unless your having suicidal thoughts and actions on impulse (associated with bi-polar and schizophrenia) then you can honestly, try and fix it. Call a friend, take a bath, go for walk, eat something you enjoy, distract yourself. You also need to cask yourself if any triggered you to feel this way. Be open and talk to your doctor and be more assertive with your mom and how you feel.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy