Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is wrong with my 7yr. old? Someone please help!?
2nd grade, in new school, can't stop talking, can't do work, falls off chairs, keeps getting in trouble, has to be the loudest kid, makes goofy noises, hyper, won't listen, dad not ...

How do I get over my mothers death?

Anger issue?
Ok, i have this anger issue. I get really made at every thing. I've tried anger management, but that really hasn't worked lately. Does any1 know how i can vent my anger....

What's the second sign of madness?

Self mutilation?
First of all, no bashing, no one here wants to read your close-minded ignorance, if you do post and bash, i WILL report you....and then....i might just eat you...0_o
~~~
Okay, heres the ...

What do you worry about?
And what do you not worry about that you see others stressing over?...

Why am i bulimic?
i'm bulimic and i don't no why. well i do its because i feel so fat but i feel bad becos i come from a great family. ive never been bullied etc. most eatin disorders seem to hav underlying ...

Can a guy change if he is pathologically jaelous, can get violent, verbally abusive..?
can he change if i "punished" him by being away for 6 months. he is trying hard to get me back, but i dont know.lot of **** happened and im not sure anymore what is the best.
A...

Is This Stress Or Depression?
I keep having scenarios in my head from the past and am physically beating these people up like punching the air.

Is this stress or depression?

Thanks
Additional Details

I feel alone even when people are around me?
I have plenty of friends, two really close friends but I still feel lonely.
Additional Details
I think I have depression but am not ...

I have ocd?
I have obsession compulsive disorder its so stressing what do i do? Do u have ...

How can i be Sad, low, depressed and high, happy, hyper, at the sametime?
I've been a cutter for a long time now been on 6 lots of meds for depression. Coz I have been on 6 lots and they not worked my GP has taken me off meds and is now saying "well maybe your ...

I need help I am having a panic attack how do I control it help please I am not feeling well in the head?

Depressed teen?
i am a 15 yr old girl. i think im depressed but im not sure. lately i have been feeling sad all the time and wanting to listen to sad songs. my life is normal but i keep thinking that its horrible. i ...

Who do u trust when u r depress?
i'm depress i don't trust anyone...none of my family, friends, teachers, or strangers,...i need someone to talk to that understands me......

Do you have a sense of humor??
can you laugh at others idiocy?

can you make others laugh when they are down and out?

are you even willing?...

Why........?
soo i dont know if this a question or not..but my freiend died a lil over 4 months ago..and one point..we were more than "friends"..but we never dated..and i still think about him alot..and ...

Each night I have to brush my teeth or it's always on my mind...?
...is that an addiction or a habit? If they're different then what are differences in the way each is addressed?...

I truely am worthless?
I lack the ability to complete simple tasks. I use drugs to kill the pain I feel, and it works. I want to crawl int a hole and disappear from the world. I would be doing it a favor. to say everyone ...

Is there anything out there that is safe and can get you high?
Well I tried weed a couple of times. There was times were I had this feeling that felt soooo good. Like a mood lift. Like my soul was smiling and I felt good. Like a long lasting feel good sigh.

krossed4u
How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time.

delphinium
Sign up for a few classes (evening or weekend) in something that interests you.... maybe yoga, or crafts, or a book club, for example. Then you'll meet people with similar interests, and be able to share your experience. It's hard to be lonely when you're doing interesting things. Keep trying new stuff, til you find things you are truly passionate about. Enjoy what you do.

And maybe cut back on the work hours so that you're no longer working 'all the time'. Then your life will be more your own.

redeye069
Rating
im kinda in the same situation. i work twelve hour shifts (7pm to 7am) with an hour drive each way. so i work, eat, sleep. i've always been a homebody. but the best advice i can give you is take a day off, and go out. if you cant afford to take a day off, start chatting with local people, who work your same hours. it may take some time, but you will find someone. depending if "alone" means you have no friends, or if no special person in your life. take your time looking for the special one.

binn1967
Rating
It is possible to be alone and not be lonely. I think you should make a list of all the things that make you happy, all the things that you love to do. Then, every day you should focus on incorporating as many items from your list as possible. The idea to to change your focus from what is missing in your life to what you can enjoy. Learn how to be your best friend. Check out Worry Busters at http://www.wayneburke.com for daily inspiration as well as ideas on how to become a happier person.
Good Luck!

chevaliercourageux71
Rating
get drunk and go to bed

ITS ME
lol Yah, get like 25 cats. hehehehe no really find a hobby or do some drugs or drink a lot, then get 20 cats.

liddle_angel
Rating
amazingly enough, I get very lonely when my husband goes on long fishing trips. So I try to spend time with family and love to come to sites such as this one. You can actually meet a lot of people, and hopefully help them while you are at it. Maybe find out if you would like to learn a language, like I am going to do. I am going to learn Italian, and hope to make some really nice friends while i am at it. I also go to a bingo site...but i only spend about 200. a month, I limit myself..but the people there are so sweet I have a lot of fun and never have to leave my house. I also do try to visit a few friends I have made for myself. Good luck and I hope you don't stay lonely for long

big foot
i dont think u 'cure' lonliness. u either live with it or u dont. get out as often as u can, even if its just 2 go 2 miky ds, or call ur family more[thats what i do] and talk 2 GOD, HE S always there, even at work.

Yuri
Rating
Well try to find yourself some new friends or try buying some portable electronic devices you can use to entertain yourself. Always wear a smile or find a partner.

mrcricket1932
A person can be alone without being lonely... if you don't like the feeling you get when thinking about it, why not change what you are thinking about. Do some volunteer work.. extend yourself to others.. won't have time to be lonely.

jjcane64
Rating
Lonely and Loneliness are 2 different states of mind. You can be alone and not be Lonely. A pet animal can provide companionship to people that otherwise would be alone all the time( Elderly People). When I was single, I would socialize in my local watering hole after work. You don't have to drink alcohol to socialize in a bar either. Joining a local church youth group can be uplifting and provide the social environment to meet new friends and POOF, you will wake up one day and say have I'm not lonely anymore! Good Luck!!!

wailey
find some new friends..... go out.... pick a hobby...... watch comedy movies

sajesh.k
transcendental meditation

gtsbrry
Rating
get a pet

start 6-22-06 summer time Mom
Rating
stop working all the time, if possible
go out w/ friends or family
if you get along w/ the people you work w/ go out to
dinner or lunch w/ them

good luck & have fun

txcatwoman
Rating
get out and make some friends

s e
get a pet. cultivate a hobby. join a club. go shopping!!

World of Suffering
Rating
Get a goldfish, it always listens to you and doesn't talk back, critizise or swear at you.

kitty fresh & hissin' crew
Kittens.

Sissy
Rating
Loneliness has nothing to do with being alone, not having friends or not having a family. On the contrary most of the people suffering from lonelines are not loners but people who have a social entourage in which they don't fit anymore, in which they don't feel included or emotionally supported. Loneliness is a sickness of the spirit which has bases in the perception of ourselves and our social environment. I think that the only way you can cure that is 1/ psicological therapy 2/ reflexion on what you want in life and taking decisions on how to go for it. 3/ If your circle of friends makes you feel lonely, you need to create a new one wiithout alienating yoursefl from them. Below a text from the WIKIPEDIA ON TREATMENT
:
Treatments

It has been posited that loneliness is "the only disease that can be cured by adding two or more cases together."

Often, people mitigate loneliness by interacting with others via the phone or the Internet. However, it is widely believed that purely remote relationships are no substitute for in-person relationships - an opinion based at least partially on the fact that a person's true identity is difficult to determine on the Internet, and also that such relationships are less stable. Committment to a friend or acquaintance is less strong, partly because the remote situation makes it easier to ignore the demands friends place upon each other, and because it is harder to share emotions in such a way.

Most importantly however, human beings react much stronger to direct face-to-face interaction (even without physical contact of any sort) than to the abstracted type of communication present in remote relationships. Human beings are naturally gregarious creatures, and social interaction - including subconcious forms like reading another persons body language - has been proven in various studies to be a key element to improve / retain memory and other brain functions.

To the extent that loneliness is caused by depression (instead of vice versa), it may be helped by similar treatments, such as various forms of psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy (anti-depressant medications), or both.

Another treatment for both loneliness and depression is pet therapy, or animal-assisted therapy, as it is more formally known. Some studies and surveys, as well as anecdotal evidence provided by volunteer and community organizations, indicate that the presence of animal companions -- dogs, cats, and even rabbits or guinea pigs -- can ease feelings of depression and loneliness among elderly people in nursing homes, for example. According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are a number of health benefits associated with pet ownership: In addition to easing feelings of loneliness (because of the increased opportunities for socializing with other pet owners, in addition to the companionship the animal provides), having a pet is associated with lowered blood pressure and decreased levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.

Paul Lee
Rating
Get out and meet some people. Take a class at the community college, do some volunteer work, get a dog and walk it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy