Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Guess how much I weigh! (Closest=10 points!)?
I'm 4"11 and wear size 0. ^_^...

Suggest me some tips for growing tall?
I am 17 years old....

Im 5"4" I weigh 97 lbs. is that over weight???

What are your views on Overweight people?
I'd just like to thank the great response i got from the anorexia subject. Now i'd like know people's views on being overweight. whether your a stone overweight or 20 stone overweight, ...

Do I look fat?
This is an old pic I don't dress like that anymore I know Iam slighty over weight but am I really fat?
http://i179.photobucket. D...

What do you think of my weight?
108 lbs, 14 years old. 5'4.

too fat? not thin enough?

should i loose weight? i feel huge......

I am 115 pounds how do i lose 15 pounds?
i have been 115 for 2 years and when i starve my self i lose 4 pounds and i look fatter and when i eat something i look skinner.

i just want to look lik nicole richie:(...

How can i do the aerobic part of my training without losing muscle?

Am i fat???????
i am 136 puonds and about 5'4...

Can We Take Fruits in breakfast? If so Which fruits are good to Have?

I am a girl,im 13 years old,and i weigh 130lbs,i am also 5'8 am i over weight?

Would you rather be anorexic or obese?
P.S you can die either way....

Why is nutrition such an important issue globally?
Diseases either directly or indirectly linked with nutrition.
What is considered to be THE most important issue concerning nutrition.
Why and how does the nutrition of different countries ...

Why do people eat over 300grams of protein is healthy?
Sure it helps build muscle while it restores it. But is everyone aware that too much protein is bad for your kidney's. If so, they why take soooo much protein??...

Am i fat???
Thigsh- 20 inches (highes point on my thighs)
Waist- 26 inches
Hips- 32 1/2 inches

is this fat?
are my thighs/hips/waist to big?
im a girl and 14
104 pounds ill ...

800 calorie diet?
i need to lose 40 pounds.
can i do it in 14 weeks eating 800 calories a day.
oh, no dairy or meat too.
only fruits,veggies, nuts/seeds....

I need 2 lose weight i have 2 weeks i need a FREE way to lose 12lbs in 2 weeks please help.?
if its more than 2 weeks don't answer/ please help. and if u r going 2 tell me its not heathy dont answer .i need answers that will help ...

Am i fat... idk?
is being 5'8 and 162lbs fat?...

How much weight should i lose?? (pics)?
http://i182.photobucket.
http://i182.photobucket.
i'm sorry if the links don't work.

Are twinkies a healthy snack?

heidinichole
Will you loose weight with exercise alone?
I have started using my Eliptical 30 minutes a day everyday. I have not chaged my diet. Will I still loose weight? and if so at what rate?
Additional Details
Some asked for more details.
I am 42 eat a balanced diet, Never eat fast food.
However, I quit my job two years ago to take care of my two year old and about 10lbs have crept on.
I am 5 foot 6 155lbs.
I work up a sweat on my elpitcal going about 63RPM.

swndawg
Rating
exercise is the best way to loose weight. its as simple as calories in- calories out.

Cor
Yes.

If you really want to know, calculate how many calories you eat. From that, subtract how many calories you burn from exercise (if your eliptical gives you that number from its computer). Also, you can bet that by having school or a job, you probably burn about 1200-1800 calories a day.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

helpme1
I would think so. Exercise builds muscle which in turn is what burns calories. You may not loose as much or as fast as you want unless you diet, but you didn't ask that. You asked for a yes or no. My answer is yes.

andrew
no you will not loose weight with exercise alone. you must not eat junk food and you must relase stress.

Kristy h
Rating
GO OUTDOORS MORE AND DONT EAT LATE AT NIGHT OK

wilfredo a
Rating
No. You also have to eat properly too!

angelchick
you need to change your diet because if you dont all that excirse will be for nothing.you will loose weight but if you dont change your diet all that excirse you did will all go to waste.

Missie
At first you'll lost weight. But then you'll hit a plateau, where you'll stop losing weight. I'd suggest cut your calories. Always eat breakfast, eat a decent lunch and a light dinner. Also have light snacks in between your meals. This way your giving your body the fuel(Calories) it needs to constantly burn the fat. And always make sure to stop eating 3 to 4 hours before you go to bed. That way, your body won't have any extra calories to burn and will attack the stored fat. Doing that and working out should give a good start. But remember that plateau will come and you'll have to make some changes like; changing your exercise routine, and slightyly increasing your calorie intake. Make sure you do both Aerobic and weight resistance. Aerobic is exspecially important cause that's where you really lost the fat. But the weight resistance is important as well. That helps to tone and tighten. Well, good luck!

freeze_pop_x5
Im sure u can ... But Drinking lots of water also helps to lose weight !!

star123
Dieting is necessary.

tampabayfriends
Rating
Here is what you need to do, if you are serious about losing weight and keeping it off. Eat 6 small meals a day about every 4 hours. Here what that will do for you, your metabolism will increase (i.e. Loose weight) and you will have more engry. If you go on a diet and eat less, your metabolism will slow down and store to fat. That is why diets dont work. Only the size of your fist, carbs (examples:baked potato, pasta, oatmeal, beans, corn, melon, apples, fat free yogurt, whole wheat breads)in one and protien (examples:chicken breast, swordfish, shrimp, turkey breast) in the other. You can also eat vegetables and salads with any meal, they dont have none or little fat). 30min cardo exercise every day. Any of these(examples: walking, jogging, swimming,running, biking, ect), Monday cardo, tues upper body (arms: curls, tricep extensions,pull ups, front press)(abdominals: leg pull crunch, leg raises), (chest: bench press, butterfly, pullover)(shoulders: front press, arm pullover, cross county skier machine)(back:seated row, lat pull downs, back extension)(YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IN ONE DAY, mix it up) wed cardo, thurs lower body (legs: leg pull,leg press, squats, lounges) fri cardo, sat upper. Sunday eat anything you want and dont exercising, you do this on sunday so your body doesnt go into starvation mode. YOU NEED TO TAKE SUNDAY OFF. If you stilck with this you will have a great body. also drink aleast 8oz of water daily! Stay away from Mcdonals, Wendys, ect because there is nothing good for you on the menu's even the salads are bad (beaon bits, cheeze, dressing, ect) Good Luck :)

Dancer3d
At our age you need to do both. I tried this in January, I started walking on my treadmill for 1 hour everyday for a month, didn't lose a pound. I changed my eating habits in March and now I'm running, I've lost 50 lbs.

I'm sure it's doable, but it was frustrating for me to be working like a was and not seeing a change. I had to give up red meat and starches, but it's worth it.

You use your machine for 30 minutes a day, how long have you been doing it and what are your results? If you are asking us, you are doing that well. Change you eating habits and watch the weight just fall off. What have you got to lose other than weight?

wonderfull
yes u will, but not enough so that u will be satisfied with the results. to lose extra weight, change to a healthy eating habit and drink LOTS of milk. it helps. trust me.

saulg21
Rating
No,I speak from experience. It has to be a combination of controlling your calorie intake PLUS the exercise.No more than 2000 per day.

LadyDragon
Rating
i think it could happen but i also think exercise correct portions of food because if you dont watch out you could leave things out of your body that you will need later..

Moonfairy
Rating
OMG 10 pounds? LMFAO!

unlogical logic
umm most likely ull drop a few pounds within a few months but for real results u hav to eat healthy too

tarab91889@verizon.net
No you have to go on a diet to.

meeshii
It depends on many things: your metabolism, what you eat daily, what kind of shape you're in now. If you give us those details, it would be helpful.

liljomo1234
technically YES!!! But when you exercise you will get hungrier so you will need to discipline yourself with your diet anyway.

xzhou11377
Rating
just make sure you are eating health
then you should have no problem

LACY
Rating
it really depends on what kind of foods you regularly eat...if your meals consist of McDonalds burgers and frenchfries with a mountain dew and chips ...then it doesnt matter how much exercise u do..u wont loose weight..u may stop gaining extra fat but u wont loose any ....but if you normally eat healthy and you just dont wanna starve yourself...yea you can workout with out going on a strict diet and loose weight

Kokoa
the process of losing weight is a combination of exercise and proper diet. they kind of work hand in hand. the first thing you need to change is your diet if it needs changing. some things to know you are eating well enough already are: eat 5-6 small meals a day, drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water, limit your junk and fast food, eat lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains, eat in portion sizes, and give yourself a cheat day of the week where on that day you can eat anything you want. it is more detailed than that but these are just some basic guidelines to follow if you already don't. eat properly and exercise on a daily basis and you will be able to lose weight. don't expect to lose weight immediately. it will take a bit of time. you should start seeing results in at least 4 weeks.
the key to weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume, not to say that you should starve yourself and then exercise. that will not work because your body needs calories to maintain its energy. 3500 calories are equivalent to one pound. so if you take in 3500 calories, you gain a pound, and if you burn, you lose. in addition to your elliptical, start lifting weights to build muscle to help burn fat. i hope these things have helped you out.

was
You can loose weight with exercise alone, but if you don't want to take forever to see results, you'll need to exercise more than 30 mins. Two hours of normal exercise a day without diet will work. That way you can still eat as much as you normallly do and loose weight still. Going on diet would speed up the process of losing weight, however once you lost the weight, your bodys metabolism would have dropped big time and not mainly because you lost the weight, although that does help, but mainly because during the weight losss process, your body would have got use to not eating as much and therefore your body lowers its metabolism and still stays that way for a extremely long time after you lost the weight. But if you keep eating like you normally do, but with exercise, you'll reach your goal, however be prepared, your metabolism will still decrease once you loose the weight, but not near as much if you went on a diet with exercise plan .

phileprincess
You can loose weight, but you may noticed that you gaina little because muscle does weigh more than fat. You will see better results if you change your diet as well, but if you decide not to, just make sure that you are not eating more than before. Some problems people have is they think they can eat more (or worse foods) because they are working out, but that is not the case. Because you are working out now, your body needs good vitamins and nutrients, otherwise you will start to feel really tired and sluggish after working out.

Steve S
Rating
of course you can! Weight loss / gain is as simply as making your caloric intake be less than the calories burned over the same period. However you can get that equation to be negative will make you loose weight. It is easier if you change diet to less calories since you don't have to excercise as much to come out with a negative number. The more negative the number is the faster and more wieght you loose. I was told by a dietician that a pound of fat is roughly equivilant to 2000 calories so that can give you a rate in pounds.

Anaiz
It all depends on what kind of diet style you have. If you eat nothing but fast foods and junk foods then you won't be losing weight. If your diet consists of the "healthy" foods, i.e. salads, low carb/low fat foods, yogurts, etc. then you will begin to lose weight at a fair rate. This meaning that you will lose weight but not from one night to the next.

Ariey
Rating
Yes exercise alone makes you loss weight but also builds muscle. It depends upon your matabalism since every person is different it is hard to say.

yums
read more tips and articles on weight loss and exercise which will help you on this site

Valerie
Rating
Weight loss is a matter of burning more calories than you consume. So, if you maintain the same amount of calorie intake, and increase the amount of calories burned then "yes" you will lose weight.

In a 30 minute work-out you will burn approximately 150 calories.

One pound is equal to about 3,500 calories, so at this rate you will lose about 1 pound every 3 weeks. In a year you will lose 17 pounds. But you have to keep your calorie intake at your old level. Most people increase their food intake when they burn more calories because it does increase your appetite.

Good luck.

?
You have given us waaaayyyyyyyyyy too little information to intelligently or accurately answer you. You haven't told us what your current diet is, and we don't know how much you weigh, and whether you spend anytime outdoors or not, and how rigorously you do your eliptical, which doesn't impress me as an exercise, or where you do your exercise, and whether it's airconditioned where you exercise. I would be tempted to say that your diet has to change if it's not a particularly healthy one, and you must remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so as you exercise and "trim down", your new muscle tone may look heavier on the scales than you want, so, tell us more and then maybe we could give you more intelligent answers. God Bless you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy