Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Suggest me some tips for growing tall?
I am 17 years old....

Im 5"4" I weigh 97 lbs. is that over weight???

What are your views on Overweight people?
I'd just like to thank the great response i got from the anorexia subject. Now i'd like know people's views on being overweight. whether your a stone overweight or 20 stone overweight, ...

Do I look fat?
This is an old pic I don't dress like that anymore I know Iam slighty over weight but am I really fat?
http://i179.photobucket. D...

What do you think of my weight?
108 lbs, 14 years old. 5'4.

too fat? not thin enough?

should i loose weight? i feel huge......

I am 115 pounds how do i lose 15 pounds?
i have been 115 for 2 years and when i starve my self i lose 4 pounds and i look fatter and when i eat something i look skinner.

i just want to look lik nicole richie:(...

How can i do the aerobic part of my training without losing muscle?

Am i fat???????
i am 136 puonds and about 5'4...

Can We Take Fruits in breakfast? If so Which fruits are good to Have?

I am a girl,im 13 years old,and i weigh 130lbs,i am also 5'8 am i over weight?

Would you rather be anorexic or obese?
P.S you can die either way....

Why is nutrition such an important issue globally?
Diseases either directly or indirectly linked with nutrition.
What is considered to be THE most important issue concerning nutrition.
Why and how does the nutrition of different countries ...

Why do people eat over 300grams of protein is healthy?
Sure it helps build muscle while it restores it. But is everyone aware that too much protein is bad for your kidney's. If so, they why take soooo much protein??...

Am i fat???
Thigsh- 20 inches (highes point on my thighs)
Waist- 26 inches
Hips- 32 1/2 inches

is this fat?
are my thighs/hips/waist to big?
im a girl and 14
104 pounds ill ...

800 calorie diet?
i need to lose 40 pounds.
can i do it in 14 weeks eating 800 calories a day.
oh, no dairy or meat too.
only fruits,veggies, nuts/seeds....

I need 2 lose weight i have 2 weeks i need a FREE way to lose 12lbs in 2 weeks please help.?
if its more than 2 weeks don't answer/ please help. and if u r going 2 tell me its not heathy dont answer .i need answers that will help ...

Am i fat... idk?
is being 5'8 and 162lbs fat?...

How much weight should i lose?? (pics)?
http://i182.photobucket.
http://i182.photobucket.
i'm sorry if the links don't work.

Are twinkies a healthy snack?

Is it ok to eat ketchup with scrambled eggs?
im trying to lose weight
and i like ketchup with my eggs
i knwo thats weird but yea
is it ok if i eat 2 scrambled eggs in the morning with ketchup? and whole wheat toast....

M
How do I motivate myself to stay active and go to the gym?
I am in my twenties and in average shape, not overweight. How can I get myself to stop making excuses and start going to the gym that I already pay membership fees to? Some of my excuses are that I don’t have time, I’m too tired, I’ll go tomorrow, etc. They are just excuses though, and they won’t do me any good when I’m lying in a hospital bed from a heart attack or when I’m trying to catch my breath after walking up a flight of stairs. So how do I force myself to go since it is important for my short and long term physical and mental health?

mamas_grandmasboy06
Rating
Have confidence in yourself and exercise and work out and raise your selfesteem, believe you can exercise and believe you can what you can accomplish.

matt H
Rating
Wow, you just wrote that and you're not motivated. Look, I hate the gym. I would much rather play a sport, B-ball, football, raquetball or ride my bicycle to get my exercise. To motivate yourself, you must make the workout time be enjoyable. Bring your significant other and work-out and push yourselves together. Or a friend. You get the idea.

Alan S
find a workout buddy, you will see that they go and they will see that you go. A very symbiotic relationship.

papricka w
If you go to the gym now on a regular basis you can avoid becoming overweight and flabby. I go to the gym and I see lots of people working hard to overcome what they have let themselves become. I'm glad to see them because it is an inspiration, if they can do it so can I. Also if you have an interest in staying young looking, working out will help you with that. No time, too tired, and all of that is no excuse as you know. Just go and just do it!!

Irish1952
Get a friend to go with you. It provides more motivation than trying to keep yourself motivated.

C.D.
Rating
Once you start seeing results you will stay motivated the big step is getting through the beginning. You won't see results quick just know that your working to keep your body healty and that will be good in the long run. Or you can have a friend go with you or make friends while your there that usually makes it easy to work out everyday with a friend.

cindy g
Imagine how good you will look at the next party/ function/ etc you
attend....this helps motivate me...it allway's helps by buying yourself a new outfit when you attend these outings and hearing others compliment on how good you look!!

Daniel P
im the same @ the begining of the week and the first time I go, i find that i cant do that much, but then the the next time its all good!!

~The first time i ever went though was hard for a couple of weeks, but expect this and even if you leave after 15 to 20 mins or waste the time chilling between reps, I find that its a metal thing that makes you keep on going. ~Its how i gave up smoking!

Good ~Luck

Nik
Here are you top things to really look at. Personally for me, I enjoy working out with my girls, they really get me pumped up. On top of that I have to have music, fast hard -core music, something to keep me pumped up. I also before summer started went out and bought this bikini and hung it on the wall, like in the commercial, and that kept me very motivated. Now I know not all this will me excatly useful to you, but maybe you can turn it around and make it fit you and your lifestyle

Sassikatz~
Paying my member ship fees is the way to keep me motivated, because I dont like the idea of wasting my money. So, in exchange I get a good cardio workout, to keep my heart in shape, as well as the rest of my body, and plus, I met some great friends! Buddy system always helps too!

Secret Admirer
Take a friend

Teresa
Rating
Honestly, you have to want it. But, to help you keep yourself going, try signing up for classes. You are less likely to break an appointment when it has been set. And if you have days where you don't have a class, then get a workout buddy, you're not going to stiff your friend right? You have to keep them motivated. Plus, it's a great time to hang out and talk. Join a sports team at a YMCA or at another organization. It'll keep you in shape, be fun, and be able to socialize with others.

D Blues
Rating
Don't set up too rigid of a workout routine. People tend to over-structure the whole thing and it saps your motivation. Don't push it too much, just take what your body will give you on any given day. Have fun with it!

Melissa F
Just go to the gym less and do everything else you do everyday.

spyblitz
Rating
Look into the mirror
Do you look good?
Do you feel good?
Are you cheating yourself?
Do mirrors lie?
Just show up,...your body will do the rest
Do it, or don't.....There is no try.

Do you need an excuse to do things?
Try not eating or drinking nothing for one full day....

Just do it! Its never too late
Do you follow? Stand up and be yourself...
Get busy born or get busy dying

hishu4u
Rating
know its for you.... take it as a stressbuster...

charley75062
I also belonged to a gym & found all kinds of excuses not to exercise. I had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery. That was motivation enough for me. I have a walking buddy, a Chow Chow named Sofie, that keeps me walking at a fast pace. We go walking early in the morning, before it gets to warm. It is good for me and also for Sofie. Maybe the gym isn't right for you, it wasn't for me. I like the out doors. Give it a try & good luck.

Charley

cyndie
Rating
Just walk down any street or go out to any public place and look at the people for a short while. You will see the Ugly Fat Americans we have become all over the place. The obesity in our country has become rampant. Take a good look each day. That should prompt you to head straight for the gym. Remember, half the battle is just getting there. Once you're there, it's fun. Good luck!

seepferdchenstute
Rating
fall in love

annodyne
Rating
Decide on a time that works for you, say 6pm and then be determined to go every night or every other night. Decide that it's just the time you go and get it done. Don't think about it, just go. That is the routine and keep it. Think of it like work, you may not want to go when you hit the snooze button, but you go anyway because you have to.

(or sometimes i trick myself and think oh I'll just put my shoes on or oh i'll just go but walk instead of run on the treadmil. And then once you are there that is the easy part. Besides once you are done you feel so good about yourself)

sanoj
Rating
hi
first you try to understand the benefits of bodybuilding. do you know healt is wealth. be enthusiastic about it by seeing action movies like terminator, predator etc. try to make make an icon oof yours like arnold, vandame etc...

Melc
Rating
Don't suppose you're in E3 and need a gym buddy? Who's your membership with?

Chris G
Look at yourself in the buff in a full length mirror.

custard93
Well if u are a guy find the hottetest girl a motivate yourself 2 c her everyday or if u are a girl find the hottetest guy to go see evryy day

wendi_timney
Use a calender and mark off everyday that you go plus
work twards marking off all the days.

dotobjects
Take a friend. Motivate each other. Have a goal to motivate yourself. Hire a personal trainer to motivate you when you can't motivate yourself or a friend can't be their for you.

Jade Jones
Rating
Get a set of hand wieghts and do curls, lunages with wieghts in your hand, walk around your block, or a park, pushups and set ups. No gym fees and no leaving outside of your enronviroment.

dimensions
i too went through this same problem and here is what I'll suggest based on my experience.
1.post good pictures of yourself (when u were fit) on your dresser mirror,so I'll c that pic the first thing in the morning and plan the day accordingly.
2.again post similar pics of yourself on the kitchen cabinets and the fridge.that will help u avoid unhealthy food and will keep u motivated.
3.never go to a grocery store when hungry.
4.always keep fruits and other healthy food choices at home.
5.if u enjoy TV,get a treadmill facing ur TV and make a habit of using it while watching ur favorite show that u c daily.
6.if u like reading ,u can read a book while walking on the treadmill.
7.in parking areas,park ur car at a distance so u'll b able to walk more.
8.if u have a choice of using elevators as well as stairs,use the stairs.chances r u'll b at Ur desired level of building before the elevator arrives.
9.keep Ur gym equipment in the car or keep two bags.one permanently in the car so that u can go to gym directly from work and if u r outside and get in the mood.going home to pick up the bag spoils the gym plan a lot.
10.find some good outdoor activity that interests u a lot and can help u keep in shape,like bicycling,gardening,running.it should b something that u ENJOY.that's actually the secret of staying fit.i hope u'll find the one that suits u the best.good luck

mornings_sunshine
Motivation.

It is such a funny word. You can't expect someone or something to motivate you. Find an exercise you like to do and do it well. Who loves to go to work? Not to many people, but the end result is a paycheck. You have to "JUST DO IT"! You have to treat working out like a, "must do". Let nothing stand in the way of your paycheck (physical health & looking good). Excuses...

Listen to me, if anybody ever had an excuse its me. Stop complaining people. There is no reason unless, you are too sick to exercise. I have 4 kids, ages 6, 5, 4 and 1 years old. When I get out of work, I pick up the kids and bring them all with me to the gym, 3 times a week. Then I go home and sure I am tired, and I have to make dinner (if not prepared the night before), & wash kids, & prepare for the next day. AFTER, I collapse in bed, I am happy because people expect me to fail. Because they think I will get out of shape because of my kids. No way... Why will I use them as an excuse. When I am feeling down and I don't want to go to the gym. I just go anyways, I bring good music, water bottle, good support bra and I am on my way.

I get motivated because I realize, although sometimes I rather be somewhere else, I am doing more than most would in my situation. Be happy for yourself, that you have made a commitment to continue in good help. Your body is an asset, most valuable. Just as you would supply your brain with good knowledge supply your body with good food and exercise. If you show to others how much you value yourself, they will treat you as such. They will appreicate you better, sounds silly. But its an area most people fail in. Sad, but lack of motivation (excuses) is usually the cause of failure.

I am 30 years old for the record and a single parent. What excuse do you have not to stay in shape?

dafauti
Rating
Gym Motivation is Necessary to Start An Exercise Program
Gym motivation is needed for those who want to start an exercise program for improving their health and bodies. Exercise is not only effective in helping with weight loss, but is also effective for reducing stress and improving how you feel about yourself. Getting motivated to go to the gym is the first step in any exercise program and the trained professionals can get you started on a healthy weight loss or body building program. Gym motivation is often hard to find because you have to make time in your busy day to go to the gym.

Getting the motivation you need to go to the gym must come from within yourself. You know that exercise is beneficial, but can't find the gym motivation you need. After working all day it takes determination for you to avoid watching television and putting on the sweats for a workout. After you get started, however you will find that the exercise and work out are great stress relievers.

Gym motivation can be as simple as having a friend to go to the gym with you or the possibility of becoming involved in some competitive sport. Losing weight to fit into an outfit for an upcoming special occasion also works well. If you do need that extra boost, self help is available in the form of tapes and CDs to get you going and give you the motivation you need. Therapy sessions also provide motivation through hypnosis and the power of positive suggestions. You can get the gym motivation you need to take that next step to a healthier you..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy