Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

Plz i dont know if im fat or not?
im 13 5'1" and 129lbs
AM I FAT???
AND IF I AM WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I BE AT?
aND HOW CAN I GET THERE?...

Im trying to gain weight, any advice??

Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet ...

Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER you breakfast?

Whats a way to lose 50lb in 5 months?
whats a way that i can lose 50lb in 5 months
its really really important that i do so.
soo what are some ways that would help like what are some things you do to keep the weight off??

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

If your bathroom scale could talk, what would it say?

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

Does not doing excersise make you fat?
Even if you diet, does a lack of regular excersise in your life make you gain weight?...

Does you think he's good looking?
http://www.hotchickswith I think he is GORGEOUS. But I just want to know what individual people think also.

Do you think he looks good?...

What happens if i cut soda out of my diet and just drink lots of water?

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

smiley face
How can a 13 year old girl loose 10lb. in 2 weeks?

Additional Details
if i weigh alot more than im supposed to (170lb.)

»Aиgel «™
Rating
You should'nt do that.Love your body,dont be like Ashley in PERFECT

julie b
Rating
You can't. Quit thinking foolishly. You'll hurt yourself.

T-Dawg
I douuubt you really have to girl .. hah but i am glad your asking because atleast you can do it the right way .. never stop eatting.. and never puke up your food.. hah but ok the other people were right.. you need to do some cardio .. so running, skipping what ever .. and eat healthy .. eat alot through out the dya ..but small portions.. like crackers.. yogurts ..sandwiches.. w.e

GLT07
Rating
try going to the gim and eating good

sk8 guy
Loose weight ONLY and I repeat ONLY loose weight if you are overweight.

To loose weight, exercise and cut back on pop, chips and fatty foods.

mccray_51
Rating
Mother in the house ..... have your parents take you to your family physician and advise you.

Edward Cullen
Rating
You need to diet and exercise. If it is snowy where you are, go play outside with a friend. Don't eat sugar/candy, check the calories of your food. 1500-2000 calories a day is right.

Scott M
Rating
10lbs in 2 weeks is a bit much. It is possible but unhealthy. Especially in someone so young.

Eating right (no soda, candy, fast food etc) and exercise are the best methods for weight loss.

Island Hopper
Rating
A ten pound weight loss is usually only water weight. Rapid weight loss is never a good idea...it causes your body to slip into "starvation mode", causing your body metabolism to slow down to conserve energy which results in the opposite of what most people want ... weight gain.

Having struggled with weight loss, I found that the best thing (don't flinch) is to change ones life-style. That is, become more active ... that doesn't necessarily mean go to the gym 30 minutes a day a engage in an exercise plan you won't keep up with ... and watch what you eat. Eating several small, healthy snack-type meals rather than three large meals works. Also, I found that frequently when we think we are hungry, we are really thirsty...so go for the water before you go for the food. Speaking of water, to this day I still drink 16 to 20 ounces of cold water before I eat. It fills your belly and makes you feel full, so you stop eating sooner.

Good luck.

anw122
Rating
It's unhealthy and considered anorexic to lose more than a pound a week. Now granted it does happen, but it puts strain on the heart.

I think the questions are how much do you weigh, how tall are you, what ethnicity are your from, and do over weight issues run in the family. These all need to be considered before losing weight or before one can give an opinion on losing weight.

DEANNA L
i will answer you, IF, you tell me why?

xuntitledx
dont eat snack AT All and since not alot of girls like to excersie put on soem music and dance alone in your room and dance crazy as long as you sweat its good.. also eat an apple for lunch<--- yes i no VERY BAD i did it once thats only if you really want to but dont do it for long i dont wanna make you anorexic or anything.

FullyAlive
Rating
dont expect to lose it fast
if you do you're more likely to put it all back on after
simply cut down your calorie intake
eat healthy foods, and exercise
drink alot of water

marlborosmokingteam
I got a better question. Why would a 13 year old want to lose 10Lb in 2 weeks?

Whatever the anwser I'm sure it does not justify starving yourself to death and risking your health. Please if you plan on doing this DON'T USE ANY PILLS, just drink water, vegetables and fruits, try creating your own super tasty fruit shakes, try walking an hour or 30 min at least every morning.

But I would really recomend you this, try eating healthy every day, or at least really stop eating junk food, it's not bad, but it's not meant to be eaten all that often. Try some sport or just walking, you won't like it the first month, but trust me you will change. And just to finish, if you really are overweight, loosing 10lb just to impress a guy, or to look good at the beach is not going to help out, because you will get fat again, and the people who do surround you will see you get far again, so take this moment as the opportunity to really change your dietry habits.

Good luck.

magnifique
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm exercise

T
exercise drink water take a dumb and try to lose 1 pound a day

aichausa
Very very hazardous for a growing teen to lose too many pounds in a short amount of time. DO NOT do anything dangerous to your body. You'll regret it later in life with health problems. The most you can sensibly lose without shocking your system is about 3 to 4 pounds in two to three weeks, the longer, the better. . This makes a little better sense~~but 10? You're doing your body a grave disservice. Good luck.

E
Sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, and a sport like swimming help. Eat food like fruits (unless they were dipped in sugar), veggies, chicken, some crackers, salads, and cheese. Drink milk and water, so skip soda.

But do splurge on a treat, like a small cookie, for a special occasion. And have fun with excersise!

Poppy
Rating
A 13 year old should not be worrying about her weight in this way - it's wrong. If you're over weight then follow a sensible diet and exercise regularly and the weight will soon come off!

Pooky
No. If anyone tries, it's a very unhealthy way to do it.

It took me a month to shed 5 lbs. That was hitting the gym every day after work, on a stationary bike for 15 minutes the first day, and worked up to 45 minutes. It was not easy--but I feel that I have more energy--and my pants are not so tight.

Lastly, I agree with the sensible answers here re: a 13 y/o girl who thinks she needs to lose 10 lbs in two weeks.

Misty_River_Sky
Rating
I wouldn't recommend losing 10lbs in two weeks. You're 13, your body is growing and you're at an age where it's quite common to be a bit overweight.
If you are very overweight and concerned about your health and appearance, the best answer I can give you is to eat properly (generally 6 small meals a day making sure to get your protein, nutrients, grains, calcium through a balanced diet((basically nothing 'ready-made')).) and make sure you get your exercise... walk, bike, play sports, do housework, etc...
This is a fact: if you lose weight quickly you are more likely to gain it back.
Good luck and I hope this helps some.

spud
Impossible & insane!

naenae0011
She can't and she shouldn't.

RiceGamer
Rating
Don't eat too much at night. Exercise at Night. Drink lots of water. Get a good night of sleep.

Felicia
Rating
the last thing we neeeed is a ANOTHER skinny anorexic ***** in this world ya kno....ur fine....trust me...unless u weigh like 200 pounds and ur 13 then ur kinda not fine but just be happy wit who u r....k?

lei b
Diet and excersice.

nominerdene2004
Rating
that's totally impossible...i'm 13 and i run a at least a mile everyday and i only lost like 4 pounds in 2-3 weeks...
10 pounds off that fast and you'll probably gain it back easily

tee pain
Rating
10 lbs isnt worth it ur fine the way u are GO FOR HIPS NOT HIP BONES

Caitlin K
that's unhealthy -__-

Douglas D
Run Run and Run some more. Why do you need to loose weight your only 13.

jpbofohio
Rating
Losing 10 pounds in two weeks is too fast. A woman should target no more than five pounds per month. Otherwise she is losing mostly water weight that will come back when drinking a liquid.

A 13-year old girl definately should not attempt to lose that much weight so quickly, she is going through too many physical changes at this age---it is not safe to go that fast.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy