Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

On average.. how many times a day should a person go number 2?? I usually go every other day..?
Im not constipated or anything.. ive pretty much always been like this...is this normal ?.....

How can a 15 year old male gain weight??
i am 15 years old 5'6 and about 105 pounds. i am small for my age and am looking for ways to gain weight like what i should eat. please if anyone can answer my question that would be ...

AM I fat?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?
okay so im 4 10. 85 lbs. and 6th grade. am i fat?!...

If i BARELY eat from now until.........?
monday how much weight will i lose?

( i dont waant to hear: you should really eat healthy)

and barely meaning like today i ate like 15 pieces of pasta with some tomato sauce<...

I need too lose 100 pounds by september of next year. I need advice on how to do it in a healthy way. How?

How can I lose 18lbs Before saturday?
I weigh 118 and I want to lose the 18lbs before saturday because I have a concert and me and my friend are gonna have Our older bros help us crowd surf and the lighter you are the hugher you can be ...

What is your name?
what is it??? mine is ...

Should children not be allowed to eat too much candy?
Is it really bad or just another misconception? I have a friend that does not allow her toddler any candy, she talks about how it would damage the kid's ability to taste other flavors (salty, ...

What is your favorite part of the human body?
Mine gotta be the thigh and the butt girls have great thighs and butts lol ^_^

pwned!!!...

I am 19...105 punds..and i wanna be 120...what can i do?

Additional Details
I dont want o gain muscle! lol i want my butt back...i want fat mass...... My name is Kawana and II am a white ...

How do I get skinny?
I need to get skin but I dont know how to start since i live in apartments where they dont allow ridin things SO HOW CAN I LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A MONTH...

Help a fat girl?
im in desperate need of help im 27 15 stone and scared i wnt see my son grow up i need to do something but dnt know how. Pls no fat jokes or mickey taking im desperate pls help diet and ...

Does anybody else srtuggle to drink the 2 litres of water you need a day?
not including water in tea,coffee............

WOULD YOU RATHER BE BULIMIC OR ANOREXIC? PlEASE ANSWER!?
Would you rather be bulimic or anorexic?...

How tall are you?
How tall are you? Are you happy with that height or do you wish to be taller/shorter? And why?
Additional Details
By the way: I'm ...

In order to loose weight quickly which one is better?
swimming
jogging
walking
yoga
joining gym
or comibantion of any 2 or 3....

Is this ok??
i normally dont eat ANY junk food,
but today is my birthday and i had a cupcake with dinner.
is that ok?
will i gain weight from this?
And how many calories do you think was in a ...

Fat or skinny?

*PYT*
CHOCOLATE ADDiCT!! HELP!!?
i am addicted to chocolate and its so bad.. when i go without for like a week i start craaaavin it disgustingly and i get really hungry and nothing can satisfy the craving except chocolate... and i dont eat that well i rarely crave cooked food i swear i cud live off 3 bars a day :) lol i dont want to be diabetic.. i dont wana diiieee :'( im jokin (no disrespect to diabtetic ppl) but any ideas to get off the addiction or atleast tell me why i cant let go??

joan.
Rating
i need help too! i woke up at 4 in the morning today and was craving for some chocolate and i ate some. still want some more!!

angelbabytrc07
Rating
maybe you could try to find and buy something with chocolate in it, instead of just eating all chocolate, mix it with stuff...

C E
Chocolate is awesome.I don't know the way not to want it,but life is short and I want to enjoy it.If this is the worst addiction you ever have you will be fine. Remember it is a myth that sugar gives you diabetes the fat you gain gives you type 2 diabetes because the fat blocks the receptors that produce insulin in your pancreas and then it cannot pick up the glucose in the blood stream.There for causing large amounts of glucose in the blood.Good luck.

patti_felz
Rating
I am so with you on this. I can either have a bar a day or go a week, get all worked up and have to pig out. All I can say is try and balance the calories off against other food in your diet and go for the higher cocoa mass chocolates so you get the rush with less dairy fat and sugar.

bridget36
Rating
Amanda slim body is part of a scam that ripped me off. Please read this article http://hoodiaandweightloss.com/hoodia-news/hoodia-scam/

Just Jess
I have to say that I am trying to overcome the same addiction. Its strange..but i really think that chocolate is addicting!!!!

It used to be french fries that I couldnt get enough of. That was just gross (Grease and crap.) ...that was when i was about 13. All i would eat is fries!.... After I realized how much grease and fat i was eating, i stopped...easily. I havnt had a french fry in over 2 years actually!! (Which surprizes me now that I think about it)

But chocolate is different!...Sometimes i get this feeling of not being satusfied, and somehow, chocolate always fixes it! Its discusting!...

I'm trying to lose weight though, so its got to stop!.. I tried this thing where, I'd keep a few hershey kisses in my room, so that at night when I had a chocolate craving...i could just have one, and sourt of supress that craving. NOPE! I didnt just have one, i had all of them..and then i went downstairs into the kitchen and got the rest of the bag and ate probably 1/2 of it!...

Now, for the past 2 weeks or so...i decided that i would keep the hershey kisses in the trunk of my car. I keep one up in the front seat, and I bring one in with me after work/school... Its not likley that i'll go out to my car just for chocolate..so this HAS been working...I'm only eating 2 kisses a day. Beleive it or not, its not so bad. Becuase i am letting myself have the 2, I dont really get those terrible cravings.

So basically, just try to keep the chocolate out of the house. I'm not sure how old you are, i'm only 19..so i cant really decide what my mom buys when she goes grocery shopping - its usually not chocolate though (lucky for me).

Hopefully this works for you. and good luck! (Also, they make Dark Chocolate hershey's kisses...those are sourta better for you than regular milk chocolate)

ash
Hi, have you heard of Paul McKennas- craving buster (number 2) Its in his ' I can make you Thin' book. This technique alone can break a food addiction. it worked for me and others I know. I have set up a yahoogroup: successfullyslim, so drop by if your interested and ask for someone to take you through the technique, or buy the book- the technique is at the back-.
If you are serious about breaking the habit, give it a try.
Wishing you every success! x

amcut
Rating
Switch to sugar free chocolates! The low carb crapola.

iron maiden77
Rating
I know where your coming from.I was the same way.I heard that if you take magnesium,it will help your craving for chocolate.And IT DOES! I couldent believe how well it works.Try it and see.Its very inexpensive and available everywhere vitamins are sold

minus
Rating
Could have been worse.

As with all adictions, unless there is a medical reason, it is your will that has to end it.

If you want to enough you will stop eating chocolate. It is up to you and no one else.

Frannie
Cocoa has flavonoids -- the same health-boosting substances found in tea, red wine and soy foods. Studies suggest the flavonoids may help protect against heart disease and stroke. They slow blood's ability to clot, and reduce potential for arterial plaque. One problem: Most commercial chocolate is made with partially hydrogenated vegetable oils and cholesterol-raising trans fatty acids -- not to mention all the sugar and calories! For an occasional treat, choose dark chocolate, or cocoa made with lowfat milk.

.Frequently♥Dazzled.
i would switch to dark chocolate, or like chocolate covered things like strawberries or bananas or pretzels. this way you get soemthing healthy in you when you eat it. and dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you. maybe instead of bars get those mini chocolate things that are chocolate in a square shape. this way when you eat it you only have a small one to nibble on and not a whole bar!
if you really feel the urge just set a goal for yourself to only eat a certain amount a day, like one [small chocolate square, not the bars] after every meal. and then slowly cut down to two a day or something.
hope this helps =]

sarah v
Rating
Sugar free food

ashbe07
a few things that help a chocolate craving for me is 1. Diet hot chocolate with splenda and sugar free vanilla coffee shot,mmmm. i make mine with water and you can enjoy it as you sip it slowly and only 25 calories..2. baskin robins mint chocolate chip hard candies, 10 calories and they last a while . 3. sugar free chocolates, if you can limit yourself to one or two they really help.

Indiana Jones
Try the Atkins products.
They are sugar free and taste good.
I'm having a chocolate peanut butter bar right now, it's delicious!

Shan
Oh dang it! Now I want chocolate! LOL, but seriously, you can try to substitute it with something just as tasty and healthy. Maybe instead of chocolate, you can have chocolate milk for a week, and then try to drink or eat something else that isn't chocolate-related for 1-2 weeks, and soon, maybe that will help you with your addiction.

mexizona
Don't let go - They have great chocolates at http://gourmet-chocolates.tripod.com

ChocLover
Rating
Don't go for a week without it, that's why you crave it so much because you deny yourself it. Just try to cut down a little each day until you're down to almost none. It's hard but with a bit of willpower you will get there!

brainlady
Rating
It may be sugar you are craving - try and have other sweet treats in the house such as yoghurts in the fridge or toast and honey or jam- don't buy chocolate and when you get the cravings eat something else instead. If you buy it- you will eat it. If you have something else in the house to replace it such as fruit- grapes etc or a low cal chocolate drink or mousse, you may find your cravings are not so extreme.

ra63
Rating
Don't take the first bite - that only leads to more. Don't buy it - don't keep it in your house. Occasionally, buy one regular-sized candy bar and enjoy it - but that is all - just one bar, occasionally.

chewychimp
Rating
i cant help sorry im just as addicted

Bubble
3 bars a day? i could have more than that. infact i think i have that many alredy including meals! i am the biggest chocolate addict i have ever met!! ive tried to stop, but it wont work so i just healthy meals instead and lots of fruit to help balance it out!!! i dont think there is a cure! but if there is... be sure to let me know!!! mmm chocolate... have to go, need to go have some lol. x

CHARISMA
Rating
okay, well this is disgusting but it's guaranteed to work. Get soenthing utterly horrible that literally makes you hurl, if there are not any food that makes you wanna puke, get something rotten. Get some chocolate and eat it, but don't let yourself smell it, smell the grose stuff instead, if you can swallow it then I will be impressed. Force yourself to do this for at least twenty minutes, or until you puke. Then every time you see choclate, bring back that memory of that smell(if done by a professional you will have no control over it and automatically think of it) I doubt you will eat it again. I have seen this done with a woman who drank two botles of wine a night, and her 'trigger' was dog crap, she NEVER drank again.
Told you it was disgusting, but if you think your life is at risk, try it.

maraesa1000
Rating
may sound odd but just brush your teeth whenever you get the craving. it will make the chocolate taste disgusting

if this fails! then buy really expensive chocolate. this satisfys you a lot more plus you'll run out of money faster =p

angieco44
This might sound very contradictory to ur question but- find a new food that you can get the same satisfaction out of that chocolate reminds you of. one gurl at work use to always eat chips and she was lke u say , addicted to it, and wanted a way to stop as she realized she couldn't go on like this forever. So i mention'd to her, try carrots- they're crunchy- and they will fill you up more if that's ur concern- as for feeling full, and bonus super healthy. So now she brings cut up carrots or baby carrots to work to fuel her hunger for some thing crunchy-much like chips are. So if ya can find something as satisfiying and if possible healthy that balances ur need or likelyness to crave chocolate- that'd be the best soultion. - Ie: apples and carmel-not the greatest but it's got fruite in it so it's half way there and alot better choice if ur hopeing for a healthy alternative to chocolate. goodluck!

draken
You are either feeling depression where you need the "up" from chocolate which means you need to get on anti-depressants or your body is craving the carbs where you need to get some will power and get rid of the "addiction"

Yvonne Mystic
Can't help you there... I'm fat and I'm a chocolat-a-holic.

§ gαввαηα §
Rating
Omg, someone that feels the same as me!!

Im the same if i go a week without some chocolate i go mad, i crave for it get moody, crave so bad that my mouth starts watering and everything all over a bar of chocolate. (Galaxy's my fave)!

Im not sure how to let go, but i dont know if i would be able to anyway-

-Cameron

MyNameIsMofuga
When you get a craving for chocolate eat a chocolate flavored ex-lax. You'll be on the toilet for hours. After a few times like this yuo will have to poop everytime you eat chocolate and your cravings will be gone.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy