Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?
So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how ...

Is there a polite way to let someone know about bad breath?
A really nice guy that I just met has terrible bad breath. He seems interested in a relantionship but his bad breath is the only thing turning me off. What options are out there to diminish this? How ...

Do Braces Hurt?

Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the ...

What is the best painkillers for toothache?

GUM Gum GUM?
Howl ong does your Stride gum last
Additional Details
how long not how l ...

On a scale of 1-10 how bad does a filling hurt?
1 being less pain full and 10 being the most pain full

Is it true that put a shot in your mouth?

I haven't had a filling in forever and i was wondering how it felt...
<...

How can I make my teeth more yellow? Are there strips that can help me do that?
Ive tried to make my teeth white but after not brushing my teeth for 9 years it seems that I cant.

I figured the best thing to do is to have dark yellow teeth. What is the best way to do ...

What is the best method to whiten teeth without having to pay stupid money?
ive heard somoe peoples teeth are naturally yellow. mine are fine i wanna whiten em up a ...

I have a really bad tootth ache and i cant see my dentist until wed what can i do for pain? no oral pain meds.

Does everyone have to get braces on the bottom?
Because my bottom teeth is already straight. Are you do need them because they are gonna shift your jaw in the right spot right..???
But it would look kinda silly without bottom braces lol

Does getting teeth pulled hurt?
I am slow at getting my teeth to come out, and I still have 2 left and I need to get them pulled. I am terrified of the thought of things going in my mouth and I even thought it hurt when I got my ...

No offence, but why do so many British people have bad (buck) teeth?

Best cure for a sore throat?
It's so sore :(...

One of the front teeth is just a bit broken, will it grow back?

Does getting a filling hurt?
I think I need to get a filling in one of my teeth, but I’ve never had one before and I’m a bit worried about it. I don’t want to ask any of my mates about it because they’ll take the mickey ...

Do you brush your teeth....?
with cold or warm water?...

What does NHS stands for?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Additional Details
In the morning I brush my teeth over the sink but at night I shower just before bed, so I brush my teeth in the ...

I am getting braces in august is it true that when the orthodontist tightens them it can cause u to pass out?
i am only 14 and scared to death cause 1 of my front teeth ore fake will that effect anything with my braces and wil i have to use alot of care for that one specific ...

Heather L
How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he needs to do this but doesnt, how do I comfortably for both of us tell him he needs to do this. I have though about just buying him a tooth brush for my house...HELP!!!

georgiagrits1
Rating
ask him what kind of toothpaste he uses, then reccomend the one that you use ... maybe he'll get the hint

Tina B
Rating
i think u should just come out and tell him.. i dont think he would be offended by it .. u could say if ur having a very joking conversation then slide in he needs to brush hes teeth... thats what i would probaly do

*~@~*
Rating
If his breath stinks than you know he doesn't brush very well. Tell him your going tooth brush shopping and ask him to join you. Buy a two pack and give him the other one.
If his teeth are just discolored than they could be stained. From cigarettes or what ever. Some people have permanent stains that come from certain medications they took as a child.

Hardball.
Rating
Start a conversation like this
"hey hun i just went to the dentist and he was telling me that hygiene is very important"
"as soon as i get home i'm going to brush my teeth.. wanna do it with me"
You've got it in the bag!
Good luck

beccah91
Rating
Um, trust me just tell him to brush and if you two have a relationship then he will understand. And if he still doesn't brush, then that shows that he is lazy and doesn't respect your wishes.

michele
Rating
The best way to address this is to be straightforward (but respectful) about it.

"I know that you value honesty in a relationship, and so do I. That's why I feel it is important, though somewhat uncomfortable, to share this with you. I hope you would do the same for me.

You know, honey, I have noticed that there is an unpleasant odor coming from your mouth. I am concerned for your health, as I have read that these odors can be a sign of gum disease. Of course, it's also possible that a bit of extra brushing and some mouthwash are in order. What do you think? How can I best help you with this?"

Then let him handle it after that.

Men tend to be more robust to these sorts of things (don't take offense as easily as women).

Best of luck,
~M~

Tommy C
Well, it's really easy. You bring it up that he has bad breath and that you would like him to brush his teeth more to help that. If you don't make it a big deal, but more about what you want, then it's not a personal reflection on him. And it assumes that he does, just doesn't do it enough.

Also, get a tongue scraper. That helps a lot.

And floss. Flossing is so important! Yes, it's likely they'll bleed for 3 months, but eventually it will stop and his gums will be so much healthier for it.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
Rating
HEATHER,

***NEWS FLASH!!!***

HE'S A 35 YEAR-OLD-MAN WHO HAS GUM DISEASE.
DO YOU WANT TO REALLY DATE HIM?

.i.hate.2.love.u.
Rating
Just ask him if you can talk to him real quick and sit down with him and say that u think that he should brush his teeth more, or better. Maybe even you could brush your teeth with him and get him used to it? But just tell him, and just be honest. Good luck.

BabyBluIsHereToChatWithU
Rating
well i would buy him a toothbrush for your house

writenimage
Rating
If he is spending the night there, then buy him a brush for your place may be a good sublte hint. If not, it may just be best to tell him. I suffer from some gum disease and even with lots of brushing, i get bad breath from time to time. I prefer people to just tell me, rather than let me walk around that way.

♫ Mad Luv ♫
Rating
you need to be nice about it it can be a hard thing to say to someone your starting to feel for!
best way to do it is by stating how you feel there for it won't feel like your barking orders at him!

so
say something simular to this

Boyfriend I feel uncomfortable and unattracted to you when you don't brush your teeth when we are together! I got you a new toothbrush that we can keep here. I know this is a touchy subject but do you want to talk about it.

for the most part it is hard! Heck i was the one that didn't brush my teeth and my ex boyfriend told me about and if only he would of did it the way i showed you i wouldn't of felt so attacked! Yes it is my own laziness but i don't need it thrown in my face rudly
my ex said it like this
why don't you just brush your teeth it's nasty and so are you!

yeah it was mean! grant you i brush my teeth regulary now and keep in mind this was like 7years ago i was youngy and supper lazy! lol

but it hurt me the way he said it and the Tone of your voice means everything so practice what your going to say to yourBF and Good luck!

Meg B
Just tell him you won't give him kisses until he brushes them.... lol if that does not motivate him then there is no hope

pancake on my face
you need to tell him! I had this problem with my ex except he wouldn't brush his teeth and night and then would try to make out with me..i said no! unless you start brushing your teeth before bed, it's just gross...all that food sitting on your teeth all night long.

krashtested
Just ask him "How often do you brush your teeth? My breath used to smell like yours only worse, until I brushed my teeth more regularly."

Beth
Rating
If he stays at your place, buying him a toothbrush isn't such a bad idea. My boyfriend has his own at my place and before we go to bed and I brush my teeth he comes in and joins me. It's a subtle way of a hopeful solution to a sticky problem.

That Guy
Rating
I dated a girl who I thought had Halitosis...Later found out she was a closet smoker...Anyway...I would always say "LET'S brush OUR teeth"...worked every time!!!

jonni_hayes
just tell him.....tell him that your happy with all but his dental hygiene practices..........

Lady G
You could try getting him a toothbrush and toothpaste for your home and specifically pointing them out to him, saying these are for your use. If he doesn't use them, you'll have to say something like, "Sometimes people need to be told something but it's not easy to say so I'm just going to say it: You need to use the toothbrush and toothpaste."

Apie
Rating
Hi

I know its hard, but just do it!!!!
Or do you wanna spend what may be the rest of your life with a guy that never brushes his teeth?

You decide...

Good luck

jeremiahman1991
Rating
tell him his bref stank

hazeltine4
Refuse to kiss him, or even see him until he fixes his problem.

[Lady D]
Just tell him...honesty is the best policy!

Mustbe
Tell him he's got sh@t breath and brush his teeth.

Turtle
Rating
Go out and purchase yourself a new toothbrush and kindly pick a new one up for him. Then make sure every evening when you go to bed that he brushes his teeth when you do. It is a very non confrontational way to do this and it works miracles.

perfect angel
Rating
tell him u wont kiss him until he does.

gyoza1216
Just be blunt. If he's living with you and if you're having an intimate relationship.. just tell him. I tell my husband all sorts of things. "You've got a booger hanging out of your nose" or "You've got onion breath" or, "You've got a long hair growing out of your ear" it's ok to be blunt. Most men are too dense for hints.

♠ Kapitän Jünk ♠
Rating
just tell the dude

Tammy
Rating
Buying him a toothbrush for your house is a great idea. Just buy it, and tell him you bought it. Hopefully that helps. If not, then you have to be honest. Try to tell him nicely without hurting his feelings, of course. But yea, if he doesn't brush his teeth, that is pretty gross, and no one wants to kiss a dirty mouth.

Best Wishes to ya!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 15, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy