Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

One of the front teeth is just a bit broken, will it grow back?

Does getting a filling hurt?
I think I need to get a filling in one of my teeth, but I’ve never had one before and I’m a bit worried about it. I don’t want to ask any of my mates about it because they’ll take the mickey ...

Do you brush your teeth....?
with cold or warm water?...

What does NHS stands for?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Additional Details
In the morning I brush my teeth over the sink but at night I shower just before bed, so I brush my teeth in the ...

I am getting braces in august is it true that when the orthodontist tightens them it can cause u to pass out?
i am only 14 and scared to death cause 1 of my front teeth ore fake will that effect anything with my braces and wil i have to use alot of care for that one specific ...

Which is most unattractive - crooked teeth or yellow & stained teeth?
Heya, just wondering which do you dislike more - teeth that are crooked/crowded or teeth which are yellowy or stained. And I don't just mean in a potential partner, just people in general. P...

A dentist farts in your face--what do you say?
I was at the dentist today and he turned around and bent down to get something for my fillings out of a cabinet and farted in my face. What should I have said?...

Braces HELP!!?
Does it hurt when they put braces on???
And what can you not eat when you have braces on??
Can you eat Fast food?
I am getting braces~...

Omfg braces =[?
yea well today i found out i need braces. Thats no shock at all since my teeth are a mess. I am totally freaked out. So can people give me adivce on anything and also if i have to get teeth pulled ...

Anyone got any tips on getting my 8 yr old to brush his teeth...?

Beside toothpaste name something sold in a tube?

I don't think this is particularly odd, do you?
Every morning I clean my teeth in the shower, it's the last thing I do before getting out.

It makes perfect sense to me as you can rinse off all traces of the paste properly, and you ...

How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????...

You talking to me?
or are you chewing a ...

I always have bad breath!?
I just brushed my teeth 2 hours ago and It already smells bad and I haven't ate yet. I have been to the dentist recently and they said nothing about any bad tooth. What could this be?...

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

Does everybody get wisdom teeth?
I heard some people only get 2 or instead of all 4 but I don't have any. I'm almost 20 years old, there's no sign of anything coming in, and there's not really a space for them in ...

suzuki_202007
Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the problem

Michelle - Dental Hygienist, USA
Rating
it can be a number of things:

not brushing well enough
diet - foods, coffee, etc...
smoking

once they are yellow brushing daily won't get them white. unless you use whitening toothpaste for months.

http://www.animated-teeth.com/teeth_whitening/t2_white_teeth.htm

Christina*
try to brush atleast twice a day, and floss. it also helps to get a good brand of tooth paste. usually it's more expensive, but it helps clean it better. you can also get whitening strips to help whiten your teeth.

Yahoo man
Rating
Your teeth are yellow because either you don't brush your teeth or you eat something that can make it yellow.

Quicksilver
Rating
Some people have naturally darker teeth than others - just a genetic thing. If you don't smoke or drink a lot of coffee, this may be your natural enamel color. Check with a dentist to see if bleaching might be of benefit.

bobby g
Sometimes it's the food

☮BJ☮
is there such a thing called dead nerves..
but try baking soda

kimimaro1020
brush brush smile (floss too)

layyy
If you drink coffee or things to stain the teeth, that causes discoloration... smoking can too.

Change your food intakes or simply whiten your teeth. I like Crest White Strips.

sharky
Rating
invest in crest white strips...they work great

Perplexed
You should brush three times a day, and floss at least once a day.

Use a quality tooth whitening toothpaste and rinse with mouthwash after each brushing.

Don't brush too hard, just do it more frequently.

cheers.

What? Nevermind.
Rating
Everyone's teeth are naturally cream or pale yellow in color. However, if you drink coffee regularly or smoke that will cause staining and discoloration of your teeth.

If you were talking about only one tooth being off colored, then I suggest you make an appointment with the dentist and discover the root cause before your tooth rots in your mouth.

Tam
Rating
smoking, drinking coffee, the wrong light...call your dentist and ask, or get some whitening toothpaste, strips, or mouthwash. but don't expect your teeth to be t-shirt white like on commercials.

BUbbLER
Coffee and smoking and drinking lots of tea can cause this problem as well as if you do not brush twice a day.

Amber
Rating
your teeth get stained from the things you eat, it has nothing to do with if you brush them daily. its more about what you eat. like if you drink coffee...that stains your teeth...and if you eat a lot of cheese...that stains your teeth too.

I suggest if you dont like it, buy some whitening strips at target or walmart :)

or you could have your teeth whitened at the dentist, its really cool when they do it. one minute they are yellow...and all of a sudden you smile and they are white ^_^

opi
it can be caused by stains from coffee or smoking, or it can also be caused by taking lots of medication when you're young- causing your adult teeth to be yellow as they're developing.

brushing will whiten for no more than a few hours- get a bleaching set from your dentist or try some of the cheaper options like crest whitestrips and such.

Christa
brush your teeth with whitening toothpaste after every meal, or at least once when you wake up and right before you go to sleep at night. if that doesnt work i recommend Rembrandt whitening strips, once a day for 1/2 an hour for 5 to 7 days and you will have a beautiful smile.

Shell
Rating
-brush your teeth at lest 2 times a day
-go to a dentist every 6 months
-stop smoking or doing other tobacco products
-use mouth wash
-its not that complicated

sarahbabyy18
crest white strips work wonders.

Complex Thinker
Rating
1)go to the dentist for a appointment.They'll fix u right up.
2)change toothbrush or toothpaste
3)mouthwash
4)brush three times daily

Alexis
maybe the soda you drink is staining your teeth, or coffee, it stains your teeth more than anything. it could be you arent brushing your teeth enough, 3 times a day is what you are suppossed to do, at least. and also, when you were a child you might not have have brushed them very well and now they are permanently stained. i would suggest brushing more and using mouth wash/rinse. go to your dentist and ask them about it and ask about teeth whitening and if it is in your budget.

retardstoner420@gmail.com
do you smoke? drink lots of coffee or soda? maybe you didn't brush for a while but recently started brushing?

you should brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day, and if you don't do any of the above and still don't get whiter teeth, it could be that your teeth naturally have a yellow tint. If it concerns you still, go to the dentist and ask where you can get your teeth bleached.

Misty
Hi There,
First I would have to advise you that your dentist would be the best person to ask this question to. However, I can tell you that our teeth get a bit discoloured over the years due to the food we eat and what we drink. The worst drinks are: coffee, tea and pop. Smoking can also cause teeth to become yellow. Like I said though, go see your dentist and explain that your discoloured teeth are concerning you. There are many solutions used to get teeth white, your dentist will know which method is best for you. I know that teeth are one of the first features one looks at, and having yellow teeth could only make you very self conscious. Sometimes leading to low self esteem. So, please look into it soon.
All the Best!

vita w
well u can stop smoking ,drinking coffe or soda go see ur dentist and ask why ad might wan to brush every 5 hours now

Shivani.Patel
Rating
because you don't brush really well that happen to me one time

Drama Llama
Could be coffee. Get some whitening strips or whitening toothpaste.

marilyn b
Usually they r that way from smoking or drinking alot of dark drinks like cofee and cola.

Barry M
Rating
Need a stronger toothpaste, maybe even tooth bleach.

Gumbie
Problem is you should start bleaching your teeth

you know crest white strips

thesweeteststar
If you were sick as a child....maybe you took meds that caused it........if you use plain OLD baking soda, just dip your toothbrush in it, and rinse in peroxide it WILL work!! and also lighting......try outside lights such as the mirror of your car?

And a box of baking soda is less than a dollar and so is a bottle of peroxide. not yummy, but then you can chew a stick of gum or a mint! works in less than a week . I PROMISE!!!!!! :)

Sheila
Rating
They could be stained from coffee, tea or cigarettes. Try whitening toothpaste with baking soda.

Doesn't_matter
maybe its because of the light you are viewing your teeth in. do you smoke? that could be the problem. florescent lights make anyone look ugly btw.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy