Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Best cure for a sore throat?
It's so sore :(...

One of the front teeth is just a bit broken, will it grow back?

Does getting a filling hurt?
I think I need to get a filling in one of my teeth, but I’ve never had one before and I’m a bit worried about it. I don’t want to ask any of my mates about it because they’ll take the mickey ...

Do you brush your teeth....?
with cold or warm water?...

What does NHS stands for?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Additional Details
In the morning I brush my teeth over the sink but at night I shower just before bed, so I brush my teeth in the ...

I am getting braces in august is it true that when the orthodontist tightens them it can cause u to pass out?
i am only 14 and scared to death cause 1 of my front teeth ore fake will that effect anything with my braces and wil i have to use alot of care for that one specific ...

Which is most unattractive - crooked teeth or yellow & stained teeth?
Heya, just wondering which do you dislike more - teeth that are crooked/crowded or teeth which are yellowy or stained. And I don't just mean in a potential partner, just people in general. P...

A dentist farts in your face--what do you say?
I was at the dentist today and he turned around and bent down to get something for my fillings out of a cabinet and farted in my face. What should I have said?...

Braces HELP!!?
Does it hurt when they put braces on???
And what can you not eat when you have braces on??
Can you eat Fast food?
I am getting braces~...

Omfg braces =[?
yea well today i found out i need braces. Thats no shock at all since my teeth are a mess. I am totally freaked out. So can people give me adivce on anything and also if i have to get teeth pulled ...

Anyone got any tips on getting my 8 yr old to brush his teeth...?

Beside toothpaste name something sold in a tube?

I don't think this is particularly odd, do you?
Every morning I clean my teeth in the shower, it's the last thing I do before getting out.

It makes perfect sense to me as you can rinse off all traces of the paste properly, and you ...

How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????...

You talking to me?
or are you chewing a ...

I always have bad breath!?
I just brushed my teeth 2 hours ago and It already smells bad and I haven't ate yet. I have been to the dentist recently and they said nothing about any bad tooth. What could this be?...

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

gay-wad [[sluttmuffin]]
Do Braces Hurt?

gurllover007_1990
no. only when you first get them on for like 2 days, and when you get your wires changed... everybody says they hurt, but they really dont.

Danny L
Rating
Generally, no. But everytime you get them reajusted, there will be a feeling of tension, not necessarily pain. The results overweigh the pain, though ;)

horsie
Rating
yeah durf

SnootyBanana
Rating
yes, but if you want your teeth to look good then it's worth it. besides it only hurts the first time you get them.

pineapplegal285
more than you can imagine. it is the worst thing ever and you can't sleep and you can't concentrate and you should stay home from school and you lose wieght becuase you can't eat anything and every time you move your mouth or tongue it hurts like crazy

Robert G
Rating
no you'll get use to them

Baby Blue
they hurt for about 3 day after you first get them then every time you get them adjusted (about every 4-6 weeks)they will get a little bit sore but just keep chewing sugar free gum and IF you get some soreness it shouldn't last long.

C T
Rating
For the first few days...but after that you get used of it. And also, you can have days where you feel like you can chew a rock, then others when you can't even put your teeth together because they are sooo tender. Good Luck!

DuDe-Is-ThAt-MiCaH
Rating
not really.. well it does when you get them kinda because you cant really chew or anything but then it gets better and like you dont notice they're there;) same when you go in to get them tighten or something.. you prolly wont be able to eat (chew) good for a day or so..

surfergoddess
Rating
some times they hurt because you are slowly moving teeth across your gumline, also your lips wont be used to the metal that will rub on them occasionally but after a while they build up a tolerance. it also depends on what kind of orthodentia they were thinking of giving you because spacers ( a thing that helps widen your jaw you turn a key ever day or two and it moves your jaw apart a little) they hurt a lot. or, after your braces if you get retainers and you forget to wear them, the day that your strt wearing them again it takes some time to move them because your teeth are always shifting. Dont worry tho! they have wax to put over the metal so it doesnt hurt your mouth and the adjustment period isnt so bad!

xx_muggles_xx
Yes but you can use things like tylenol and dental wax to over come this. I had braces and inpacted cuspids they would pull down link by link so yeah that hurt but most of the time after the first install just the adjustments hurt but only for a little while most of the annoying stuff is the cutting of braces on the side of the mouth which is where the dental wax comes in.

Jamie
Yeah, now and again. They mostly hurt when they first go on (your teeth ache, but also your gums get all ripped up from the rough edges) and when you get your wires tightened. If you orthodontist gives you little rubber bands to wear, they add extra pressure so it can ache ALL the time. I had braces for two years, and was supposed to wear the bands for the last year...which I didn't do because it ached so much.

©hel§
Rating
yeah. When you first get them on they will hurt for a week or so and then they wont really hurt they only other time they'll hurt is when you go in for a checkup to tighten up your braces or put new wires in. It aint so bad.

Take Care

spider_8u
Rating
Only when you get them adjusted, and for the first week when you have them put on. This is easily fixed with some paracetamol tablets. All you'll really experience is a bad ache in your teeth, but it will pass!

Rating
Yes they do when you first change the wireslike when you first get it . But once you get use to it it feels like nothing happening. It feels normal and sometimes you can look it like it some jelerwerly

wantyourlalala22
yeah when u get the wires through the brackets and get them tighten

frodobaggins115
they shouldn't if the person puts them in right. you feel pressure when they change bands and things, but it only will make your teath sore for a few days.

shaqownsurass
no

roninscribe80
They do when you first get them and when they're tightened. Ambesol works, though.

~"B.Y.H."~
http://www.brace4success.com/FAQ.htm

GirlieGirl
yes. 2nd day the worst.

insane_blonde_girl_4025
Rating
yes but youll make it they put sores in ur mouth

~G~
Rating
I won't lie.Yes for the first few days, your mouth is really gonna hurt. Then once you finally get used to them, it will come time to have them tightened, and once again your mouth will hurt...its a vicious cycle that wont end till you get your braces removed, then comes your retainer..lol.....Dont lose it in the trash can at school..oh, and when eating bread, be sure to rinse your mouth, because bread tends to stick in between your braces.....

hotsing1
Rating
yes they do, i think it also depends on your age and how bad your teeth are. im an adult, which my bones and teeth do not move as easily, and my teeth were quite crooked. it hurt like heck for like two weeks, then hurt everytime i got them adjusted, then hurt really bad when i got my rubberbands, its different for everyone, but mostly yes it does hurt.

BarbieQ
Rating
At times, yes. Well worth the torture though!

♪♫Lynn♫♪
Rating
thats what i hear ,i got 2 friends with braces and they always complaining bout it

monkeyamaya
Rating
Not at all

eil2359
Rating
Yes. They are probably one of the most painfull things iv ever doen. its terrible to get them on. and everytime they adjust it. they really hurt. i dont mean to get you nervous. but if you dont NEED them then you shouldnt get them. cause its not worth it. good luck with that.

gsschulte
Rating
yes but you will get used to it. and its not all the time only when they are tightened. if you really have a messed up grill then they are worth it but if you just have a gap or two just get some cosmetic moulding it will be much cheaper and easier on you

eraeread
yeah. a lot.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy