Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I don't think this is particularly odd, do you?
Every morning I clean my teeth in the shower, it's the last thing I do before getting out.

It makes perfect sense to me as you can rinse off all traces of the paste properly, and you ...

How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????...

You talking to me?
or are you chewing a ...

I always have bad breath!?
I just brushed my teeth 2 hours ago and It already smells bad and I haven't ate yet. I have been to the dentist recently and they said nothing about any bad tooth. What could this be?...

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

Does everybody get wisdom teeth?
I heard some people only get 2 or instead of all 4 but I don't have any. I'm almost 20 years old, there's no sign of anything coming in, and there's not really a space for them in ...

How many times a day u brush your teeth?

Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

Why have brits got such messed up teeth?
tooth brush, now that is a word that limeys should be proud of inventing. never thought of teethbrush did you. god bless the US....

I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?...

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

Is it safe to use household bleach to whiten teeth?

Anyone stick toothbrushes up there nose ?
I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning and a friend arrived at my house. I began brushing my teeth faster so that my friend didn't have to wait. My wrist was like a blur as I frantically ...

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.<...

What happens if a vampire bites somebody with AIDS or Hepatitis?

Should I get anthesisa(sleep) while taking wisdom teeth out or be awake? Have you got it done before?
Have you taken wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt the process? They gave me option of sleeping or being awake.. I was thinking sleeping but I mite get ride after an hour of the surgery being done. I ...

David C
Does getting a filling hurt?
I think I need to get a filling in one of my teeth, but I’ve never had one before and I’m a bit worried about it. I don’t want to ask any of my mates about it because they’ll take the mickey out me if they know I’m scared about getting a filling!!! Does it hurt? I know it’s not supposed to hurt after you get the injection, but how bad is the injection? Do you always have to get an injection for a filling or could I get it done without? And how long does it take for a filling? Cheers.

smiley face
not long, go on be a man not a mouse.

cnuswte
From what my friends have told me it doesn't hurt that much- after the injection of novacaine or other local anesthetic your dentist uses. It depends on how much work will need to be done if an injection would be needed. As to if you have to get one, you could talk to your dentist. I've also heard that it doesn't take that long to get it done. I have had the injection to get teeth pulled when I was younger. If they do it right, then it doesn't hurt that much- just a sting when the needle goes in. Other than that, it's not that bad.

Capital T
dont always get a injection, i never did, but i was really young wen i had it done, but even then it didnt hurt, if anythin its annoyin, and tastes nasty, dont hurt tho.

maria p
Rating
A filling does not hurt and your dentist will advise and give you anaestetic. In some cases, they use a cream to numb the teeth and mouth before the fillings are done.

emeraldisle2222
Very little pain, and what little there is is usually from the injection.
A gel can be applied to numb your gum before the injection, so that you dont even feel that.
Have it seen to as soon as you can.

MONTYGEM
Rating
it depend on your dentist. My dentist doesn't use drills at all, just lazer and stuff so it's painless.

clydachowl
All you feel when the dentist is giving you the filling is the pressure of the drill and the instruments. If you do not want to hear the drill I advise you take an Ipod or similar device in and crank up the volume.
The injection will hurt. it feels like a burning pinch inside your mouth but it only lasts seconds and them your mouth starts going numb.
I will tell you not to have any Boiling hot drinks, Coffee/Tea/Hot chocolate for a few hours after the filling as your mouth is still numb and you could get badly burned.
Good Luck.

Jake H
Rating
it kinda does hurt, but not too much

B.N.P
Rating
no

dkrgrand
My dentist pinches my cheek as he gives me the injection to deaden my mouth. It doesn't really hurt. A bit odd feeling and I don't particularly like the deadened feeling, but it is far better than NOT having the pain killer.

~*ღKileaღ*~
No, not if they numb it first, but then you you have to put up with your mouth being numb for about 4 hours. Yes you could get it without the injection, but then you can feel the pain of them filling the tooth. The numbing isn't bad you just feel a little sting for a couple of seconds.

amber
no i have only had 2 but that was wen i was 7 and 10 i am 12 now idosen't hurt except when they give the numbing shot but thats like 5 sec of pain

Kelly
The needle feels like a little pinch. After that, you can feel the work going on in your mouth, butit doesn't hurt.

wildflower
Rating
No big deal..... it's more a MENTAL fear than anything.

The noises are strange and can be scary if you decide to think of it that way. But just noises.

Your teeth are very close to your sinuses and you brain... it is IMPORTANT to take care of them and not get infections.

The way I see it, you can go to the Dentist regularly over the years and pay along the way..... or you can wait and loose all your teeth and pay thousands replacing them with dentures.

The needle they use in your mouth is long but TINY and if you look away and remember to BREATHE, there's not much too it.

Oh, when I was about 8, I took a filling without any pain killer because I saw the needle and I had this huge fear of needles back then....... the dentist kept stopping and asking me if I wanted the shot and I refused. I took the entire filling without pain medicine. It hurt, I wouldn't recommend it, but I was 8 and I lived through it.

However, I recommend the pain meds...... and think HAPPY THOUGHTS......

tranka007
nowadadays even the injection does not hurt.

jeno75831
The only pain is the needle they stick in your cheek to numb you but that feels like a normal shot. Dont worry about it!! One time I wasnt even all the way numb when they started drilling and it hurt but it wasnt anything for me to get out of the chair and leave over.

leowin1948
There is painless filling.

wantyourlalala22
Rating
No it feels great

crophilia
the filling dont hurt, its the injection! im terrified of needles in my mouth and they really hurt me. the last one i had was in the front and it felt like the needle was going right in and up my nose. it was awful and the dentist just said sorry but there are deep roots there! once u are numb tho, it dont hurt.

Betterwithpie
Rating
No, it doesn't.

Aakash
Yes there is pain but not that much significant. Filling may be done generally giving local anesthesia.

Jen
I'd definitely recommend having the injection, I can't imagine how much it would hurt getting your tooth drilled without numbing it first!!! I guess if it's a REALLY small cavity it might not hurt, but I'd go with the injection, it's just a bit of a pinch for a few seconds then it's gone and you don't feel anything except pressure in your tooth. Tgive you the injection and wait about 10 minutes until it's worked and then they do the drilling and filling which only takes about another 10 minutes or so......you should be out of there in half an hour easy.

Yo!
Nah!

I've only had three, but they're not bad. The worst part IS the injection, but we're talking about 5-10 seconds of pain. You can handle that. There is discomfort of someone's icky tasting plastic gloved hands in your mouth, but within 5 minutes, it's all over and you can treat yourself to an ice cream.

Best of luck to you!
Don't forget to brush and floss next time!

Tina
no they numb your mouth and you cant feel your lips anymore. you kinda feel like you are floating lol

missy
no, they numb you first

soobin_baik
the dentist will probably give you a numb shot. it won't hurt. but sometimes it does.

♥~Kodo & Loki~♥
It isn't so bad... the shot is what hurts the most and that is just minor. The worst you will have problems with is being so numb afterwards for a couple hours that you will be drooling all over your self and will talk like your either slow or drunk - that goes away though =)
It may feel funny for a few days, something your not used to in your mouth but after a few days, you won't notice it.

kt4phish
It usually doesn't hurt but depends on how bad the cavity is. Sometimes they can just rub a numbing gel around the tooth, but sometimes you have to get a shot (it's totally minor, though). The filling process itself doesn't hurt at all b/c you are numbed. All they do is just shave off the thin piece of tooth that is decayed and fill it back in with a liquid. I've had some where I didn't have to be numbed at all and they didn't hurt....just a tip: get the clear or white filling, not silver!

Spice Sugar
well it did not hurt for me and i have had 2 or 3 i think they put a needle in your gum to make it go numb so you dont feel the pain thats what they told me when i asked them what where they doing with that thing lol it does not feel like it takes a long time well i dont think it did cause on my 1st on i fell asleep when they where doing it cause i had laughing gas HA!

Latonya F
no it just the needle when they stick you about 3to4 sec and then it is over with but you need to make sure that they are doing it right because if not when you get older they will come out and then you will have to get the teeth pull anyway

Nebula D
I'm a dentist.

Read these words carefully:

There is procedure that your dentist performs that should cause you pain. The only thing that should hurt is the injection of local anesthetic, which, if done properly, should hurt only minimally.

Once profound anesthesia of the tooth has been obtained, you should only sense the vibration of the drill and the air/water in your mouth. There should be no pain.

I cannot tell you, however, how long the procedure will take. It depends on the extent of the decay, the number of tooth surfaces involved, the doctor's experience, the restoration material to be used, the quality of the doctor's assistant, your ability to open your mouth wide and keep your mouth opened wide (more on this below), and the extent to which you salivate. Generally, on a good patient, placing a two-surface amalgam filling takes me about ten to fifteen minutes. A two surface composite (i.e. tooth-colored) filling runs about twenty minutes. A fidgety patient who repeatedly closes his/her mouth will require more time.

One of the things that patients do to make our job difficult is not open their f-ing mouths wide. You tell them "open wide" and they'll open wide for two seconds before closing half way again. The less you open, the less we can see, which understandibly means that the quality of our work is less. When your doctor says "open wide", that means you should open wide and keep your mouth opened wide until he/she tells you to close. It's in your best interest to do so.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy