Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Does getting a filling hurt?
I think I need to get a filling in one of my teeth, but I’ve never had one before and I’m a bit worried about it. I don’t want to ask any of my mates about it because they’ll take the mickey ...

Do you brush your teeth....?
with cold or warm water?...

What does NHS stands for?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Additional Details
In the morning I brush my teeth over the sink but at night I shower just before bed, so I brush my teeth in the ...

I am getting braces in august is it true that when the orthodontist tightens them it can cause u to pass out?
i am only 14 and scared to death cause 1 of my front teeth ore fake will that effect anything with my braces and wil i have to use alot of care for that one specific ...

Which is most unattractive - crooked teeth or yellow & stained teeth?
Heya, just wondering which do you dislike more - teeth that are crooked/crowded or teeth which are yellowy or stained. And I don't just mean in a potential partner, just people in general. P...

A dentist farts in your face--what do you say?
I was at the dentist today and he turned around and bent down to get something for my fillings out of a cabinet and farted in my face. What should I have said?...

Braces HELP!!?
Does it hurt when they put braces on???
And what can you not eat when you have braces on??
Can you eat Fast food?
I am getting braces~...

Omfg braces =[?
yea well today i found out i need braces. Thats no shock at all since my teeth are a mess. I am totally freaked out. So can people give me adivce on anything and also if i have to get teeth pulled ...

Anyone got any tips on getting my 8 yr old to brush his teeth...?

Beside toothpaste name something sold in a tube?

I don't think this is particularly odd, do you?
Every morning I clean my teeth in the shower, it's the last thing I do before getting out.

It makes perfect sense to me as you can rinse off all traces of the paste properly, and you ...

How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????...

You talking to me?
or are you chewing a ...

I always have bad breath!?
I just brushed my teeth 2 hours ago and It already smells bad and I haven't ate yet. I have been to the dentist recently and they said nothing about any bad tooth. What could this be?...

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

Does everybody get wisdom teeth?
I heard some people only get 2 or instead of all 4 but I don't have any. I'm almost 20 years old, there's no sign of anything coming in, and there's not really a space for them in ...

How many times a day u brush your teeth?

george
What is the best painkillers for toothache?

Moofie's Mom
Rating
Get as many ibuprofen down your neck as allowed.

PLUS stick some oil of gloves on the offending tooth.

Then go to bed with a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel and sleep with the painful side resting on it.

Hope you aren't in too much pain!

Best of luck!

Marie K
CHECK OTC PRODUCTS AT YOUR DRUGSTORE!

See DENTIST ASAP!

Toothaches are a sign that there may be more to worry about then just a little pain. The causes of toothache are several but the major causes are, dental cavity, a cracked tooth, exposed tooth root, gum disease, disease of the jaw joint or spasms of the muscles used for chewing. It is possible for the cause of a toothache to originate from an entirely different problem such as heart attack or angina but this is quite rare. It can be noted however that some patients suffering angina will show toothache or jaw pain as the only symptoms so it is always best to let your dentist or doctor evaluate you.
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-article-1.htm

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us
http://san-diego-dentists.blogspot.com
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dentist-tijuana-dentist.html
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/tijuana-dentist.htm
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-implants.html
http://www.medical-research-study-directory.info/san-diego-medical-research-study.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-eye-surgery-san-diego.htm
http://www.las-vegas-nevada-lawyer-attorney-legal-injury-defense-directory.com

Clint
dentist

juejua
Rating
tcp and or bonjela

Hoolia
I have tried real vanilla extract and it worked for me. I just put a drop on the affected part. I don't know why it worked, either. Most health food people recommend putting clove oil there.
I have also heard, though haven't tried, that if you mix myrrh essential oil to your toothpaste (they used baking soda and other natural ingredients in a homemade paste), that it is especially helpful with improving the condition of your gums.
Good Luck.

srracvuee
5 minutes while the dentist is tugging like hell to get it out

ma
Codeine

gouri
Rating
Toothaches are painful but can be prevented
by take suitable precautions. Avoid eating
food which will result in the formation of acid
in the mouth, brush teeth regularly with a fluoride
toothpaste. I found the information at
http://aches.in/preventtoothache.html useful

Tony BinEye
Paracetamol is good, but it IS only very temporary! You really need an anti-biotic from your dentist. I feel for you!

lees
my daughter had a bad toothache a couple of weeks ago and was in real pain tried calpol nurofen didnt work,tried a dab of tcp on a bit of cotton wool placed it on the tooth and the pain was gone in 10 mins,tastes horrible but better than paracetomol.hope this works for you.

S G
Rating
the painkillers for toothaches

D C
Rating
OTC: Advil 3 tabs every 6 hrs for pain/inflammation until you seek treatment. Also you can use moist heat in combination with the Advil.

Dentist can perscribe you an antibiotic (if needed) and stronger pain relief.

pyramid
Aulin but these are only available on prescription. Tablets that contain codeine are good for toothache .

vambo
Rating
Oil of GLOVES? Cloves might be better. Nothing kills the pain of toothache, including heroin.

anis118030
Voltaren SR ,once daily after meal and omeprazol 20 mg twice a day till you visit dentist

Miss Karen Roe
nurofen

Alfie
A pair of pliers.

suckaslug
Rating
My Gran swears by whiskey rubbed on the gum of the offending tooth, it numbs the pain. Try co-coldamol tablets also try cloves? i feel for you, i suffer from toothache and there is nothing worse that having a toothache on a weekend.

b97st
Rating
Clove oil is brilliant for toothaches.

sweetie
Rating
Rub salt on the gum near the painful tooth. I was given this advice about 18 yrs ago when I was 12 and has never had the pain again.

Geeza Sooka Yerlips
Rating
Whisky take a sip and hold it on affected tooth.

Know How
Rating
Strange but true. Rub salt on the bad tooth.

Aaron K
Rating
Liquid Ibuprofen or standard Ibuprofen however depending on your height and or weight i wouldn't take more that four to five within a 24 hour period and try to avoid alcohol and standard pain killers.

pussy galore
Rating
The Dentist told me during a very painful bout of toothache that the only painkiller suitable for toothache was Ibrophen - worked for me. Oil of cloves helps too.

I hope u find relief soon - i swear toothache - sore feet and a sore a** are the worst pain known to man - apart from a broken heart.......

haze
i use ibuprofen and if its really bad i have even crushed a pain killer and put it on the actual tooth. it tastes like **** but i have found it hasworked on times.

Renee
Hi,

Ibpurfeon will be best as it has anti inflammatroies in it. Swilling a dissolved asprin may also help but dont swallow it.

Rx

JOJO
Rating
co-codamol.take 2 every 4 hours and take 2 ibroprofen 2 hours after taking the co-codamol and so on.

motherof2
Rating
Clove oil The so called Toothache Plant - Spilanthes Oleracea and even peppermint Drink about 5 grams of fresh peppermint that has been boiled in a cup of water with a pinch of salt.

Elk
Rating
Ibuprofen is good for toothache because it relieves pain and is also an anti-inflammatory. (Which is the other reason the tooth hurts).

Not everyone can take ibuprofen e.g some asthmatics, people with various gut problems. Check it out with your dentist / doctor or pharmacist.

Ibuprofen is taken six hourly with a max of 3 doses in a 24hr period.

Paracetamol can taken at the same time as ibuprfofen. But make sure you don't exceed the recommended dose. Also be sure that your are taking a product that only contains paracetamol and isn't combined with ibupofen.

Paracetamol can be taken 4 hourly with a maxmimum of four doses in a 24hr period.

If you have toothache - i really would advise seeing your dentist so that they can find the cause. Teeth hurt for lots of different reasons - sometimes because they have rotted, sometimes because you have a cold, or they have become sensitive. They can also hurt because they have broken/chipped.

A lot of the reasons teeth hurt can be fixed very easily without causing you pain. Please see a dentist.

Simply taking a course of antibiotics is unlikely to solve your problem. If you have an infection causing the pain then it will help to get on top of the infection but the problem will come back as the root cause of the infection won't have been dealt with.

Oil of cloves can be helpful.

Salt water mouth washes. (Dissolve teaspoon of salt in half a cup of warm water and wash wound mouth for minute 3 - 5 times a day), will help to keep open wounds cleaner. Make sure that you keep brushing your teeth.

If you are not sure how to choose a dentist I usually recomend asking friends how they find their dentist. It is important that you can get on with the dentist and find their approach helpful - that way you will find it easier to trust them.

Hope that helps.

Dane Aqua
Rating
Thyme essential oil: Two drops in 4 ounces of water for mouthwash for toothache or sore throat.

MARJORAM,WILD MARJORAM - Origanum vulgare (Labiatae):The diluted oil can be applied to toothache or painful joints.

Rub oil of cloves or juice of angelica directly on the toothache to help numb the pain. The herbs of grindelia, raw cow parsnip, sweet cicely and yarrow also reduce toothache pain when placed directly into a cavity. For baby's teething pain, a tea made of hops is quite effective.

Toothache Plant: Spilanthes acmella syn. S. oleracea F. Asteracea: Description: Tender annual to 40cm, with soft branching stems; ovate leaves 6cm long, with soft, wavy margins; singular, brightyellow flowers 1cm diameter, form as tight cones, on short terminal stems. member of the daisy family

Spilanthol provides a chemical with effective local anaesthetic action has been identified in the plant. This action works surprisingly fast. If you have a toothache and rub a leaf on the gum area of the toothache, the area tingles and then goes numb within a few seconds. Or the leaf, after chewing to release the juice, is tucked in the mouth between the gums and cheek for toothache. It is also used for sore gums, teething babies, and mouth ulcers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy