Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Which is most unattractive - crooked teeth or yellow & stained teeth?
Heya, just wondering which do you dislike more - teeth that are crooked/crowded or teeth which are yellowy or stained. And I don't just mean in a potential partner, just people in general. P...

A dentist farts in your face--what do you say?
I was at the dentist today and he turned around and bent down to get something for my fillings out of a cabinet and farted in my face. What should I have said?...

Braces HELP!!?
Does it hurt when they put braces on???
And what can you not eat when you have braces on??
Can you eat Fast food?
I am getting braces~...

Omfg braces =[?
yea well today i found out i need braces. Thats no shock at all since my teeth are a mess. I am totally freaked out. So can people give me adivce on anything and also if i have to get teeth pulled ...

Anyone got any tips on getting my 8 yr old to brush his teeth...?

Beside toothpaste name something sold in a tube?

I don't think this is particularly odd, do you?
Every morning I clean my teeth in the shower, it's the last thing I do before getting out.

It makes perfect sense to me as you can rinse off all traces of the paste properly, and you ...

How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????...

You talking to me?
or are you chewing a ...

I always have bad breath!?
I just brushed my teeth 2 hours ago and It already smells bad and I haven't ate yet. I have been to the dentist recently and they said nothing about any bad tooth. What could this be?...

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

Does everybody get wisdom teeth?
I heard some people only get 2 or instead of all 4 but I don't have any. I'm almost 20 years old, there's no sign of anything coming in, and there's not really a space for them in ...

How many times a day u brush your teeth?

Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

Why have brits got such messed up teeth?
tooth brush, now that is a word that limeys should be proud of inventing. never thought of teethbrush did you. god bless the US....

I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?...

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

sweetpea
I have a really bad tootth ache and i cant see my dentist until wed what can i do for pain? no oral pain meds.

curtis
Rating
Get High and stay that way till you see your dentist......lol

Heartspaige
orajel and lots of it! also 800 mg of motrin if you can stand it.

pi7ph
use an ice pack.

classifiedeb
Rating
Tennessee Whiskey will do the trick! Really ... I'm not kidding.

imunalia
Rating
Not the best solution, but you can try rinsing with a strong liquor like whiskey or vodka if your desperate. Be careful not to swallow, cuz I'm sure you dont want to be drunk ;P. You can also try rinsing with warm salty water, might not work as well, but a warm liquid will sometimes sooth the pain for a short time.

indrajeet d
Rating
FORGET IT, ENJOY, ON THIS 'EVE', OF THE NEW YEAR....

Northerngurl
Oragel tooth de-sensitzer at a drug store

yoda
Rating
Extra strength Excedrin, and tea bags. I know the tea bags sound weird but it works I swear. Go have a cup of tea or at least make a cup of tea, then take the bag (after its cooled) and put it on the tooth that hurts, bite down. It helps.

hollinshermione
Rating
Grab a gel ice pack out of the fridge, or make one out of a plastic bag filled with ice and wrapped in a paper towel. Place the towel on the side of your mouth that hurts the most. The cold will numb the pain. If you can afford it and are able to get to the store, you can get Orajel for severe pain. It costs about $6-7.

Beyond that, take good care of your oral health until you can see the dentist. Don't eat sweets or crunchy foods, as this might exacerbate the pain. Brush your teeth regularly. The mint in the toothpaste can be soothing. After you've done all these things, find something else to do so you can distract your mind from your tooth.

kh50599
Rating
let an aspirin dissolve on top of it the aspirin will concentrate its strength into it

seadooprincess
tea bags, tea tree oil etc.
just go online and type in natural toothache remedy. A ton will come up- somethings you may have @ home.

stephie_00
Your dentist may be able to prescribe you some pain medication without seeing you. He or she could call the prescription into your pharmacy for you to pick up. If not, Ibuprofen (can buy over the counter) 800 mg every 8 hours will help (can take lower dose more frequently [600mg every 6 hours, 400mg every 4 hours, etc]). Make sure that you take the Ibuprofen with plenty of water.

Also, lay on a hot pack. Chances are good that you have an infection...the heat will get more blood flow to the area, allowing more infection fighting cells to get to the area.

John M
Rating
go to the store, in the spice dept. buy a box of cloves , the stick type. put one by the tooth and bit down on it. Cloves is a natural pain reliever. Also real peppermint oil is a pain reliever and a antiseptic.

Mystique
Rating
Go to an herb store and get a tincture of Clove oil. Try eating an onion or a shot or ten of whiskey. If nothing else you'll pass out from being drunk and your tooth won't hurt.

pooterilgatto
Rating
Anbesol comes in liquid and gell which is applied to the tooth and surrounding area and should keep you comfortable by applying and reapplying with a q tip .If you look at the OTC tooth shelves, you will find others as well . Or go up to the Pharmacist and he will recommend some, that will keep you pain free until Wednesday when you will able to see the Dentist and have it taken care off. Oil of clove will burn the gums and the skin, Anbesol is superior, and keep some on hand . Keep brushing and flossing and have a Happy New Year

Corrupt
Rating
clove oil on the surrounding gum

Goliath
a. Ice massage the hand:
Gently rubbing an ice cube in the area between the forefinger and the thumb for several minutes is an effective toothache remedy, as it eases toothache. It acts by overwhelming the pain impulses that usually travel along the nerve pathways. It has a 60 to 90% success rate. Ice placed directly on a throbbing tooth also helps ease the pain.
b. Garlic:
Placing a clove of garlic with little rock salt on the affected tooth helps relieve or even cure the pain.
c. Onion:
Toothache pain is often allayed by placing a small piece of onion on the bad tooth or gum, since onion has antibacterial properties that kill the germs in the mouth.
d. Lime:
This rich source of vitamin C prevents tooth decay and also provides toothache pain relief.
e. Wheat grass:
The juice of wheat grass is an excellent mouthwash for tooth decay and a natural toothache remedy. It also draws out the toxins from the gums and checks bacterial growth.

http://www.home-remedies-for.com/toothache/

Lizard of Ahaz soon again
Rating
Rinse regular table salt around that area of your mouth it will reduce the infection after 3 to 4 days eliminate it . And in a day or two eliminate the pain . Yes it isn't pleasant and you have to do it several times a day but it works . The salt trick works best trust me I have had to use it myself I tried the others first and they don't work well if at all ! I won't use drugs and have a high tolerance any way the ones the dentist uses on me hardly affect me at all . Try having a wisdom tooth removed like that I damn near tore the arms off his chair as he had to cut the freakin thing in half !

Royal Horse
Rating
Apply "clove" oil or just chew a clove. This really helps.

TARAJA
Rating
yep...toothpaste can help...a little

Lauren L
Rating
I use orajel, it seems to work pretty well, but it depends on whether the pain is in the tooth itself or on the surface, such as a gum abrasion.

That would be my only suggestion other than advil.

limon
I remember when I was travelling, and been miles away from home...in tremendous pain. I remember I use to use cloves, if you get a piece of clove and hold it near the toothache, it does numb the area soothing the pain. Another one is garlic, be careful that can also burn your gum. Gargaling whisky, helps. Panadol too. Get Better Soon!

Denice W
Rating
You said no oral pain meds. Did that mean narcotic meds?
Because you can take 1000 mgs. of ibuprofen and 1000 mgs. of acetaminophen together and it will help the pain. Don't do this very often as is isn't good for your stomach.

packerfan
Take a Advil. i was having the worst shoulder pain and i took a Advil pm. Granted that was at night. That knocked me out and the pain went away real quick. If you take the meds during day i would say take a plain old Advil..the pm one makes you too sleepy. hope you get to feel better.

jdemarcy
Rating
Orajel would be your best bet, if you don't want to take advil or anything like that. Hope you feel better!!

LYNNSGARETHS
i had it a couple of weeks ago and could have nocked my head of a wall it was so painfull solpadine was the only thing that took it away but if you say no oral meds clove oil takes it away for a while but it just comes back every15 mins or so you can also buy toothache tincture at the chemist it costs about 7 pounds.

justcurious
Call a dentist any dentist and ask them what over the counter pain medication they would recommend

sweet
Rating
clove helps the pain for dry sockets. I'm certain it will help in this case too. why not take oral meds? if your health allows you to take Motrin and Tylenol than take it. simply rotate Motrin every 2-3 hrs with Tylenol making sure you don't exceed the recommended daily dosage for each. good luck.

go_a2002
put some yogurt on ur face its miracel and wash your mouth with salt take alchol on ur tooth

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
HELLO,
IT APPEARS TO ME THAT SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT DENTISTRY WENT 'HAPPY' GIVING THUMBS DOWN TO EVERYONE.
NOW IT'S TIME YOU HEAR FROM A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL.
EVEN IF I DON'T GET THE BEST ANSWER FOR MY OPINION, I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU ANYWAY BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT WORKS AND WHY.
THE TOPICAL GELS SUCH AS AMBESOL/ORAGEL WORK ONLY ON THE GUM AND NOT THE DEEP PAIN OF TEETH.
FOR DEEP PAIN THERE ARE 2 OPTIONS. #1 OIL OF CLOVES PLACED ON THE TOOTH WITH A SMALL SOAKED COTTON BALL (IF THIS TOOTH HAS A CAVITY).

THE OTHER MEDICINE WHICH HAS MUCH LONGER LASTING RELIEF IS IBUPROFEN, AKA MOTRIN UP TO 800mg EVERY 4-6 HOURS.

Jon C
Like other people have said oragel helps a lot. You could also try using ice cold water, swish it around until your ache becomes numb. Depending on where the pain is coming from you could try rinsing with hydrogen peroxide, it might hurt at first but it will help in the long term.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy