Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Omfg braces =[?
yea well today i found out i need braces. Thats no shock at all since my teeth are a mess. I am totally freaked out. So can people give me adivce on anything and also if i have to get teeth pulled ...

Anyone got any tips on getting my 8 yr old to brush his teeth...?

Beside toothpaste name something sold in a tube?

I don't think this is particularly odd, do you?
Every morning I clean my teeth in the shower, it's the last thing I do before getting out.

It makes perfect sense to me as you can rinse off all traces of the paste properly, and you ...

How bad are braces ????
i am getting spreaders tommorow then after that i am getting braces how ba dit the pain for the spreaders??
and braces ????...

You talking to me?
or are you chewing a ...

I always have bad breath!?
I just brushed my teeth 2 hours ago and It already smells bad and I haven't ate yet. I have been to the dentist recently and they said nothing about any bad tooth. What could this be?...

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

Does everybody get wisdom teeth?
I heard some people only get 2 or instead of all 4 but I don't have any. I'm almost 20 years old, there's no sign of anything coming in, and there's not really a space for them in ...

How many times a day u brush your teeth?

Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

Why have brits got such messed up teeth?
tooth brush, now that is a word that limeys should be proud of inventing. never thought of teethbrush did you. god bless the US....

I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?...

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

Is it safe to use household bleach to whiten teeth?

Anyone stick toothbrushes up there nose ?
I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning and a friend arrived at my house. I began brushing my teeth faster so that my friend didn't have to wait. My wrist was like a blur as I frantically ...

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

degrassirules
No offence, but why do so many British people have bad (buck) teeth?

Sam k
Rating
hmm! so do lots of Irish people and probably for the same reason as British, its so feckan expensive to go to the dentist.

!
no they don't

Miss Interpreted
OMG i was wondering the same thing, its CREEPY how sooo many British people have "hurricane teeth", like its genetic or something. so weird...

ladyofthehollow
the united states in my opinion is so perfectionism crazy that to look normal is to not be perfect. i think thats too bad cuz a little character in a smile makes you unique

charleymac
Rating
Thats an old stereotype; i'm guessing you haven't actually visited Britain recently!
The orthodontic culture took a while to filter through, but now there's certainly no more bad teeth here than in any other country. I visit the US a lot and i've seen plenty of bad mouthfuls there.

CATWOMAN xxx
Rating
Our dentist system is a sham..

Trish D
Rating
They don't. If anything they have less people with bad teeth than some countries, because expensive orthodontics are not as fashionable in Britain as they are in other countries more obsessed with appearance rather than substance.

The vast majority of 'British' people have not had orthodontic treatment and do not need it. The few you complain about possibly do, but look at how many teens in your country have train tracks and you'll get an idea of what the real situation is there.

olsbigsis
coz they keep opening beer bottles with them!!

tom
Rating
compared with who?

Where are you from smiley?

jen_greebo
Rating
To be honest I don't really know all that many people with bad buck teeth and I've lived in Britain my whole life.

bunny
Rating
I don't actually know, but I think !Sarah! might be right because one of my old English teachers is British and I think she said that health care is really expensive.

Paul S
Rating
because maybe theyre not so self centred as some people

angelcake
Rating
Lived in Britain all my life, don't think I know anyone with buck teeth

Rotifer
Do we though? Compared to other races? I don't know what nationality you are but I hear a lot of people from the USA asking about why British teeth are so bad. With British people all having had access to subsidised NHS dentists up until the last couple of years, it's hard to believe we generally have worse teeth than them. Do people really have access to affordable dentists in the states when they have limited access to medicine?

murft66
Rating
I just love sweeping generalisations - a lot of british people have great teeth - remember Goofy? He was from the USA!

Heavens-@ngel
i don't have that problem, but I'm English so to answer Ur question, its better to be goofy. than have the false noshers in.

fidget
Rating
I take it you have never been to Britain.

Mother Nature
Rating
well that's just stereotypical how many Brits have you seen with buck teeth? i bet there aer just as many buck tooth people wherever you come from as there are in Britain

As You Like It
Rating
Personally I can't think of anyone I know that has bad teeth, but I know that it we tend to have that reputation. I think there are many reasons.

We tend to not have dental work done that is not needed, many people (me included) think vineers look bad and are a terrible thing to do to your body. Why drill away perfectly good teeth, just because someone has said, thats what looks good? However many children avoid wearing braces as children, as they don't want to get bullied.

Our water is more natural than in america, (no flouride) Some people are actually allergic to flouride and high quantities aren't healthy to anyone. Some British people are campagaining against our water becoming fourinated. However when british people go to America, the water can make us sick, because ours has been treated more and is cleaner, and therefore fulll of other chemicals.

I'd say that the average British person doesn't floss, most of us don't even know how! Its not something we do, don't know why though. Although every time i've done it i've made my mouth bleed, thats what puts me off.

Our dentists are good, but there is not enough NHS dentists to go around, so many people don't have one or have to go private and therefore can't afford to go. And if you are lucky enough to have an NHS dentist its still really expensive its £16 just for a check up!

The only other thing I can say in our defence is, if you think we have bad teeth look at the Brazilians!!!

LONDONER ©
I don't know what you are talking about (seriously, I don't).

jleslie4585
Rating
Having lived in the country my whole life I have found it's a rather small percentage, no more than I'd expect from anywhere else. Either we are exporting them to the american film and TV industry :) or it's just one of those generalizations and yes dentists are incredibly expensive but most of us do find the money and time, or just take care of our teeth without their help.

voddybabe
No Offence taken. Us British have worked and paid for our N.H.S. all our lives only to have so many assylum seekers and illegal immigrants claiming money and rights and our stupid government giving it to them, that our national health is going down the drain.. fast. The Labour government take so much tax off us (directly and indirectly) that we cant afford to live let alone have cosmetic surgery. If we're in pain......No chance unless you get a second morgage.

johncob
Rating
maybe, cos so many yanks are obese.

slush puppy
Rating
oh my god that is sooooo damn wrong!!! i'm british my children are toom so is my b/f and all of my family. it's a pretty huge family too and not one of us has as you so kindly put it "buck teath". "no offence or anything".....
we don't feel the urge to wear braces as a fashion statement unlike some, or shall i say so many americans!?! oh and no i have nothing against you all, just you for posting such a condemnation!

Marino
now seriously, it has alot to do with their water

it's me
not enough dentists,but the british teeth ain't that bad,we're just not into the fake look so much

chickenfat93
Just as many American people have buck teeth...it is just that British people (who are portrayed in movies and such) have bad (or fake bad) teeth...

greekbabe
Maybe they were conceived by rabbits! No really it is genetic. Example If you get a nose job to make it smaller and more natural looking then get pregnant after your son or daughter will have a normal nose. Same goes for teeth. Hope it helps

trcp
Rating
I've never seen that. Not any more than in a regular population.

Gavin T
Maybe we aren't so obsessed with looks as Americans? All over tan and straight white teeth gets a bit boring after a while...oh look, I'm stereotyping.

Seriously, dental healthcare is expensive over here. If you want perfect teeth then you have to pay a lot for it. And to be honest, I'd get bored with a generic 'straight white perfect teeth' smile after a while.

Savannah
coz the dentist is so expensive

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy