Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is suicide the biggest sin?
just wondering will you go to hell for it
Additional Details
i'm bathist (i can't spell good)...

Need Answers !!?
I'm really close to this teacher in my school, I could trust her wth anything. She's helping me quit self harming, but I'm worried that it's putting her job at risk cause I know ...

What do you do to help relieve stress?
im always stress.. so can u guys give me an idea how u relieve it?...

How to not be gay???
Please help! And please don't just tell me to accept myself because ive tried,i cant and i wont,i cant be this way and need as much advice as possible. And if this is any help,im 14 and i dont ...

What do you do to help with stress?

Is this Normal thinking for a teen?
I know how dramatic this sounds but I feel as though no one understands me. I mean..for a teenager I'm very emotional and think about things in depth so much more then others and no one seems to ...

I am dying.?
I just hyperventilated and felt like i was dying...i could see the light....I'm dying inside and no one cares. Is this normal?
Additional Details
I just feel like giving up and ...

I dont want to grow up :(?
i feel like i haven thad a childhood and i was stripped opf my innocence at a very young age. now that i'm 19 and found someone who is like the mom i always wanted - just someone who would love ...

Can i get SSI checks for mental issues?
I'm 17 years old and I'm in Austin,Texas. I live with my 19 year old cousin, I was kicked out the house shortly after my 17th birthday, so I moved from Mississippi to Texas. I have a few ...

Depression....?
I'm a 17 years old girl. I really don't know what to do anymore, I can't seem to do anything right. I have a few friends, I also have horrible grades. I'm failing almost all of ...

I hate myself?
What should I do?...

How to be able to forgive yourself, especially when others won't? PSYCHOLOGICAL ONLY, NO RELIGION PLEASE!!!!!
I have some friends who came from abusive households, and had to endure abuse throughout their growing up years and carried it out throughout, social and work life, unfortunately such people are not ...

granny58
How do u cope with major depression and suicide thoughts can't seem to get a grip on it?
have been diagnosed and receive treatment but don't feel as if i'm getting better

jacko
See depression treatments, and suicidal thoughts, at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris on pages 2, and 5.

karolynhood
Rating
don't focus on your thoughts. when they come ask yourself why. find things that are uplifting, positive and that you like. we all have mechanisms within us that put the cycle of fearful thoughts in motion. Look at yourself (thoughts) objectively and ask yourself why do i want to think or whats causing me to have this one. Keep a journal. and most of all have the want too. overcoming depression takes time. Don't focus on what you feel so much. and do try to live..............

raydae_maxmum
think of someone or something who may need your help

lil_laura_babii
well start by not doing any activities thet would depress you, relax by listening to calm music and reading a book, think of a happy place or get into a tv episode so you can talk about it a also think about it
hope this helps
xxxx

sandman
Tell your doc,adjust meds...

koalaswallas
Rating
Create a new you. I am totally serious. Who ever you are now, that is the person with depression. Buy new clothes, get a make-over or something. Try a sport. The new you.

Belle
Depends on how long you have been on your meds. Some meds take 4-6 weeks to fully kick in. If you've been on them for that long then they probably just need to be adjusted. Please contact your therapist immediately and tell them your symptoms as some meds can actually amplify feelings of depression and suicide.

Scott M
get a different doctor/theripist

Pineapple Princess
You've got to be honest with your doctor. And do it soon - those thoughts are hard to shake but you can do it. You have to take the initiative though because no one can read your mind.

Perry C
Rating
Try reading "Feeling Good" by David Burns and doing the simple exercises he recommends. Nice, short book with some great idea on combatting depression.

notyou311
You may have to see a different Dr. and change your meds. It takes awhile to find the right treatment.

ARTmom
Rating
My family is going thru a really rough patch right now-external not family stuff. My morning walks to music-where I push myself help-and it sounds stupid but I set goals. I write lists-1 week,3 months,a year. Even daily if its a busy day-checking them off helps me not only stay on track but feel accomplished as I cross them off.
When I go on my walk-I say my "thank yous" and ask for what my Mother used to call "doors". I know that if God just gives me the door I can walk myself in.
Don't forget diet and excercise are huge when it comes to emotional health. I am 47 and starting menopause-I have days of tears sometimes. My OB put me on Yaz-it leveled me out and I've been taking soy and herbs-its made a world of differance. We are all different but get on the web-do some research on your symtoms-educate yourself and get personal power from it. We are all here to learn and grow and some of the mountains we climb are also the best classrooms we attend. Good Luck!

gabby050404
Rating
Keep seeing your therapist and tell them that you're not feeling a change so that they can adjust your medications accordingly. They may want to switch them and/or have you come in to talk more often.

I personally see my therapist once a week and am on Zoloft. It seems to help except that I have alot of side effects with it.

chrisads
Force yourself to go for a walk each day it will help.

Cheryl L
Rating
It sounds like you might need to have the Doctor change your meds. Best of luck to you.

SweetPandemonium
you may need to try different therapies, not just drugs, before you find what works for you. don't quit seeing your doctor, or at least seeing A doctor.

Hales
Rating
I hear it takes time. So keep taking them, also hang with people that make you happy.

Katyana
Rating
First, I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

To begin the process of healing from within, you must first recognize when you are having negative and suicidal thoughts. It becomes such a habit, that you may need to really work on this step.

Next, you must counteract/fight each negative thought with the opposite/positive thought, no matter how crazy that may seem. Your mind has become an expert in negative justification after so much practice, so you really have to do this to get yourself out of the hole.

Also, you must get out of the house, get off your PC, and move your body. Walk outside, go to the playground and watch children; this is a great exercise because they are always happy, and seeing their smiles will make you want to smile.

If you can, visit a hospital to see sick people. Seeing their conditions will actually make you appreciate your own physical health, and that will impact your mental health.

Stop associating/talking with other negative people because it is contagious! That saying, mysery loves company, is so very true.

Finally, make yourself smile, even when you are feeling your worst. There is evidence that this makes the mind move toward positive thoughts and energy.

Hang in there. Life is great.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy