Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Depression?
Has anyone overcome depression and how did you do it?...

How can I stop myself spending money?
I just can't help myself - it's like I am addicted - to spending money and to owning things. Any ideas?...

Why should'nt i do suicide ?
I really don't see any other option because i have a miserable life. Anyone who look at me wont find any reason why should i do that but i hv lot of reasons:
1.My father died 11 yrs. ago ...

How do I stop myself from commiting suicide?
Hi

Im 16,I have depression,I self harm and Im suicidal.
I told my mom about the depression(not the self harm or being suicidal) a few weeks ago and she brought me to the doctor who ...

Is it pathetic i still live at home at 27?
IM 27 and everyone i know is getting on and engaged has a life, good friends etc No im not saying their lives are perfect but yhey are content. I I have always cared about what people thought of me ...

Stupid stupid Anger!?
earlier i threw my ipod because i just got angry for no reason i want to kno why i'm fine and then suddenly become realli angry for no reason at all
Additional Details

Is it normal to count things?
when i am ina public place i will count how many letters in words, how many seats on the bus, how many women/men on a bus and more... I just have to do it....

I Don't Know What's Wrong With me. Read This and Give Me an Opinion on What I should do?
I don't know if I would necessarily call it depression or laziness. I get in these "spurts" where I just don't care about myself or my home or belongings. I'll go for days ...

Whats the quickest way to go to sleep without taking sleeping pills or anything ?
something natural ?...

Has anybody else gone through what I'm going through?
My Mom died of stomach cancer after bravely fighting it for 4 months, nearly a month ago. At first everyone was great and supportive but now it's as if they're not bothered about me. I...

Can useing drugs can kill you if you don't over does and its your first time?
please help i think my friend is using drugs and i don't if it can kill i worry i really care about him help me to help him =....(...

I want help but I'm scared?
I cut myself. I'm depressed, but I want to change. I'm sick of trying to hide it all the time.

I really want to talk to someone in person about it, but someone professional. N...

I absolutely cannot take it!?
i take xanax, lithium, and now back again on effexor. my mind is racing. i have feelings of terror inside. if i am by myself i have the worst panic attack and basically black out with out passing out....

I really, really want to die?
nothing is right in my life. i have no family or friends. i have no money. i have been depressed for years. i was molested for almost a year when i was younger. how ironic is it that i have a degree ...

How do you face depression?

Im depressed....?
Im depressed about school. I just started thinking about it and started crying. Because my astronomy class is so hard and I dont think I can pass it theres 3 weeks left. And I failed ALL the test and ...

How do you relax when something is worrying you?

Whinging people with depression, why don't the miserable buggers just snap out of it?

Does smoking too much hash cause mood swings?
Im not the one smoking it !...

PLEASE HELP ME! I cant take it anymore......?
Please refer to previous question for all details.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.
I have suffered for ...

heidi the ghosthunter
Can stress, anxiety & depression cause breathing problems?
if i'm really stressed then my throat & stomach feel like they're closing up?
anything i can do

steve adams
yes and a good way to not be stressed
is to do the following
sit in a quiet room and pick a spot on the wall to look
at, whilst looking at the wall
let your vision expand so even though
you are looking at the spot on the wall you can see things happening
at the sides , even though they are out of focus
i hope this makes sense

hazilbabe
Rating
take the noose off your neck you fool you can breath a bit better when your not trying to hang yourself...

ladydeville
I would recommend going to a health food shop, type of place and purchasing some 'rescue remedy' it's bach flower remedies. There are different ones for different type of problems ie 'confidence' etc.
They really help. I used them when doing my exams, helped calm me down.

Andy benitez
Do some prolonged exercise - swimming is really good, or running or cycling if you can't get to a pool.

NONAME
yes i should think so

Soso
Rating
Yes definately, anxiety and stress do anyway

gypsy_mike2001
yep

FIONA S
Rating
when my husband was very ill i felt a lump in my throat just like a thumb pressing on what would be my adam's apple if i were a man............i had heard the expression lump in the throat but that is jus exactly what it felt like,
it lasted several weeks

Clark .
Rating
I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression in 5th Grade and it never quite went away. I noticed that after I got the "sad disease", I had trouble breathing. How does it feel to you? To me it feels as if there's a solid pipe or something in my throat that the air has to "go around". So from experience, I can tell you that anxiety and depression can indeed cause breathing trouble.

mumoftheyear
Rating
yes it can happens to me a lot

lisa r
yes,try breathing excercises or try and remove yourself from the situation thats making you feel anxious.or go to doctors,i have paramax to deal with the symptoms of anxiety

madlezzer2
yes i have panic attack caused by stress and anxiety

mise
Yes it is called hyperventilating

tamsin the happy gardener
You need to go and have a chat with your doctor. I know how it feels with the feeling of your throat closing over, when you feel that try not to panic, and relax not easy i know, think about what is making you stressed also, and try and sort it

Boudica Warrior Queen
Borrow a book called the Alexander Technique from your library. Traditionally us westeners do not breath correctly and learning the correct way to breath brings it's own rewards like relaxing and the feeling of well being. I have to say though it takes a while to perfect the Alexander Technique. But it pays to perserve and you will find that the constriction in your throat and stomach will eventually go. You could also try yoga. Meanwhile take deep breathes in and exhale slowly.

Best wishes to you and stay cool for cats.

gordon.gibson2@btinternet.com
Rating
could be panic attack. but all 3 can cause it as well

pedlamaniacs
Rating
Most definitely!!

It sound obvious, but avoid any stressful situations. Also I find that listening to soothing music helps. You can also go to a doctor to be prescribed some sort of anti-stress medicine.

Dolly Blue
yes

Sly_Old_Mole
Rating
Yes, Go to Doc and ask to be put on Beta Blockers

Paula
Rating
Yes its perfectly normal. Its the parasympathetic nervous system performing its survival method for the body to overcome the fear that your brain is being told is there. Don't worry, the sympathetic nervous system will reverse it soon. You can help by breathing slowly and deeply. Hope you feel calmer soon x

MONK
Well the obvious answer is RELAX start deliberately breathing slower : --->>4seconds to breathe in and 4secs to breathe out(exhale)
Identify that which is stressing you out and deal with it.
Lie down when your stressed. If its really bad and persistent then you might need to see a GP.

kristien
Of course ! Body and mind goes together, are not seperated.

Jill@home
Definitely!

Donna M
Classic symptom of anxiety.

topdog
yes it can practice breathing exercises and try to de stress in a relaxing bath

kayanbean24
Yes and if it happens on a regular basis maybe you should see a psycologist and ask them. Explain your problems and if they can't help you theyl find someone or some medicine to help you. Good luck.

mrcricket1932
Rating
It is capable of having an effect on many other of the bodies functions. Better spend some time finding out why you are reacting to stress, with such intensity.

robin_peel
Rating
Yes. Don't worry. Lots of people suffer the same. I have had this happen for 20 years and you can learn to live with it! Just calm down (easier said than done), concentrate on keeping your breathing regular. Focus on something (anything) and concentrate on that for a few seconds until the bad feelings start to go away. Talk, say anything even if you are on your own....If you can speak then there is not a heck of a lot wrong with your throat!
Best of luck. Take care Robin

angie n
Rating
the best thing to do is controll your breathing ,take long deep breaths and exhale slowly,this will help you in a lot of ways

Lara
Rating
Hi there,
Yes Stress & Anxiety can cause that, but remember it's all in your mind, it does not mean that there is anything wrong in your chest, just try to breath slowly and try to think about something that calms you down, trust me once you know it's only in your mind and breath slowly it will go away:)

trebs
Rating
You don't say what is causing the stress but, Yes it can. It you don't deal with it now, it will very quickly debilitate you.
Anxiety (nervous tension) is causing you airways to constrict and your chest to tighten, your heart rate will increase, because your oxygen levels are down your brain will begin to panic and you will feel like you are losing control.
You will begin to make mistakes which with aggravate your sense of depression...
enough already!
Remove yourself from the situation that is stressing you (nipping to the loo should do it) and take deep calming breaths - you will feel better. Force yourself to think some kind positive thoughts about yourself or your own ability and don't take any radical action on anything until you've had a decent night's sleep.

I suffer this too and it's taken me years to learn how to address this.

My heart goes out to you - good luck x

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy