Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why aren't u sleeping?
I'm really bored right now and I'm freaking out cuz I just ssaw Death Note and I need 2 talk 2 someone. Why aren't u sleeping? I know this is a stupid question..... but if u don'...

What is the best cure for stress and depression ?

Additional Details
not that i am either ! but i know some one who is !...

How will i be sure not to do drugs in high school?
i'm going into high school and at my school, there are a lot of rich people and they can afford drugs, so there are a lot going around.
i don't really trust myself to make sure i don&#...

I dont no what to do SUICIDE or not?
Im really confused. MY thoughts are taking over and i want to end NOW! i Have A rope ready But i dont no. Im Considering Suicide Now. . And i dont want attention if most people are laughing at it ...

My mom died and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Ways to cope???
Mom died 9/15/07. I know she is in a better place now. It was somewhat of a relief when she passed, she was suffering so much. Now life is kicking in again. Dad passed in 96. I have 3 brothers but I ...

What is this feeling of emptiness I've been experiencing for so long?
How do I fill this void?
Additional Details
Yea I aint hungry. I cut myself aswell. Mum took me to doctors but dunno what he woz on a ...

How do i stop my wife snoring without going to jail?

Scared i'll never be happy in this world/life?
Does anyone else feel that they can never be happy in this world or this life?????

I'm really unhappy with my life and i'm trying to get better, but nothing motivates me to try ...

Can anybody say something good?
I am really alone right now. I have nobody to talk to. I am so upset and depressed about being alone. I am in love with someone I see everyday and I can't take the feeling of rejection anymore. I...

Suicide. . .?
My best friend is seriously comtemplating suicide. He has been having suicidal thoughts for several months and have been confessing them to me, and he says that he is going to take his own life to ...

Are you afraid of dying?
i wonder who is going to cry for me when i die,aren't you?...

How do people deal with a fear of death?

"should I stop wearing diapers?

I want to die?
i want to die, i just hate myself. I used to self harm but now i stoped, but i still want to die, what can i do?
Additional Details
i ...

Have you ever sat alone and cried in despair?
Have you ever felt that deep feeling of hopelessness in the pit of your stiomach that just made you cry and cry and cry about how bad your life has turned out? when was the last time you did this?...

Can anyone give me a good reason to continue with life?
I used to think that life would be exciting and full of adventure. But now, I am completely disillusioned. I have few friends ( no close ones ), and worst of all, no lover. What's the use when ...

Can you read this?
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The ...

What's the way out of loneliness?
people keep telling me to go to groups but i never seem to meet anyone interesting there. only people who already have friends/family. or otherwise how do find contentment in solitute?...

Why does depression have a stigma attached .....?
depression can affect all walks of life , rich and poor people , but why do people frown upon anti-depressants ?? I have read a few answers over time here in answers and they were all really negative ...

Give me a reason to live?
I'm probably being a pain in the ***. I just don't know what to do. My family, friends, school... all meaningless, so not supportive. I can't find happiness. Been depressed for years ...

colejoe79
I used to take drugs and now can't forgive myself?
hi everyone,

i used to take drugs, on average about once a month for about 4 years (between the ages of 20 and 24) and i can't forgive myself for it.

every now and then i think back to some of the states i got in and i just feel so stupid, guilty, ashamed and scared of the future (i.e. will i go mad etc).

i don't really have many other problems except for mild anxiety and depression which has been brought on by a tough uni course i'm doing and being in a long-distance relationship. this anxiety and depression i'm working through with a counsellor, but i can't seem to shake this one element of intense guilt.

has anyone been through similar things and got through it?

thanks
Additional Details
i also forgot to say that i stopped using drugs and drinking 2 years ago...

scotty
i take drugs when i was 13 and i didn't stop until i was 15 but i did try to stop but my mate wouldn't let me so i kept taken them and of course i didn't forgive myself cause my mate had dies from it cause he took it alot but now i have stop and i didn't want to carry on because i will end up dead like him but all you got to do is never think about drugs cause it will affect you and it mind will keep telling you to keep taking it

Jeremy P
Rating
Be proud that you are now clean and have been for 2 years. That is an excellent acheivement....as for the guilt/shame...we all have somethings in our past that when we look back on we are not comfortable with and wish we could of acted or done things differently, however we cannot change this, make an effort to realise your behaviour at that time was not acceptable but that you have now learned from this and can move forward...dwelling on the issue only reinforces in your mind the negative aspects of this. You cannot change the past. Accept the lesson learned and close the door...life really is too short to beat yourself up over this...feel good at the changes you have made and use this to move on...

george
Rating
Drinking is the same as using drugs. Regarding the fact that you cannot forgive yourself for having done drugs in the past I'd say that I am still doing them, that I am a successful teacher and that I do not feel guilty because of it. But do not get me wrong, for I do not mean to say you should be doing drugs at all. Different people have different personalities and predisposition towards life and problems and your decision to opt out of drugs is probably the wisest you've ever made. On the other hand, I'd say you should be able to overcome your past and face the future as it is. Just do not listen to what other people might have to say about drugs and their repercussions upon health and society because, as a matter of fact, they really do not know what they are talking about. When you read about drugs in the media or newspapers you always realise how confusing opinions on this particular issue are. If you want to find out about drugs just read relevant independent studies on the subject (not the biased political ones). As MPhil and pot user I am an expert on this issue and if you need further help do not doubt to contact me at my 360 page: I shall be glad to give you some sort of support if you ask me for it.

Jodie M
I don't think you should ever feel guilty for what's happened in the past. You can regret them, forget them but sometimes you need to look back on those times and help yourself grow into a mature, responsible person who understands what they have done and haow wrong it was. Don't feel guilty as many people go though phases where they take drugs and act strangly. You just need to be one of the people who doesn't do it again. Good Luck

lisaj640
Hi, instead of feeling guilty, you should feel PROUD that you came off the drugs. The past is the past, we all do things we regret, it is only human nature, and the only way we can learn is through our mistakes.

kermit50000
Dude, you need Jesus.

Hayley
That is your past.

We all make mistakes.

We all learn from our mistakes.

Our mistakes make us stronger.

Our mistakes give us the ability to help other people from making them.

DON'T PUNISH YOURSELF !!!!

Byte
Rating
I think the key word is USED to. Welldone . Its gone /past done with/a different phase.

Things happen in life to make us who and what we are.As much as you hate it , it has helped to make you a stronger person now.
Everyone makes mistakes.

Move on with life.

ps long distance relationships can work

Dumboo
You are a nice and sensiable guy. You have taken a very good decision that you quit the drugs and not taking it any more. There are times when people feel depressed and fed up with their lifes. Any ways try to forget your past and start living in todays world. Say thanks to God that you are saved.

ottoman
Rating
well you are doing the right thing now.. keep it up ..
but you don't qualify for any medals for your past..but hey, that's your past .you left that behind..

Loxie
I took drugs a long time ago, not about once a month, more like once a day or more. I really identify with the guilt and shame that you feel, but you didn't exactly have a habit did you, and taking drugs is something that a lot of young people go through, just put it down to experience. Whatever mistakes we make we learn from them and then we move on. We can either make our mistakes drag us down or we can see then as they are, things that help to give us a wealth of knowledge that we can pass on to others, after all when you have first hand experience you are the holder of true wisdom. Celebrate it and regard it as a lesson you have successfully learnt and think how much you've grown from it.

ANgEL
well u done well 4 urself mate. i know someone who is a druggie but shes finding it hard 2 break thru, why should u feel guilty everyone has some kind-of skeleton in the cupboard u took the right steps and ur in 2 counselling so shake off the feeling of ur past and go forward in life as it really is just a waste of time worrying about wot went on in the past thats long gone ok

raftart
I understand that this is easier said than done but you have to get past this. There is no point dwelling on the what ifs and I wish I's of our lives or we will get nowhere fast in the future. have you discussed this with your counsellor? This is part of your anxiety and it may help to talk about it with an outsider, such as your counsellor? Good luck and well done for getting this far! You should realise that this is something to be proud of, you have been clean for so long and getting your life together! Some people do not get that far, so remember to congratulate yourself from time to time! Remember the good things as well and they may well, in time, take over the guilt. x

jen07
Rating
hey dont be down on yourself everyone has done something they arent proud of. i took drugs since i was sixteen im now 21 i was out of it evry wknd and was in a bad way but now im sorted same as u i suffer anxiety but im slowly getting better. problems in the future....ure in uni fair play to u ure showing how strong u are go to your doctor about your depression u may need to talk to a councillor u will feel much better when u talk everything out .good luck

sister
you can't change the past . just keep doing whatever you are doing to stay grug and alchohol free

anne b
Rating
put that in the past you should be very proud of yourself as i dont even know you i all i can say is that i are very proud of you, you have done really well and you can live a normal life from now on .dont be guilty as what is done is all in the past and you are seeing a counsellor to help you i wish you all the luck in the world.x x x

nelly G
Has nobody ever told you that your past helps in shaping your future? Would you have preferred to die of "had I known", "what would the taste of drug be like" or this feeling that there is something unaccomplished in your life, an uncompleted or unfinished job somewhere? ever had that feeling? good, now you have tasted drugs, you now know better and can stand & speak categorically and can use your wealth of experience on that subject to help others who might find themselves in that position. You could have had that experience just for the sake of another person, ever thought of that? Am excited you stopped thou and now is the time to lift some other person up. good luck.

Jean D
Hello Colejoe7

Forgive yourself immediately.

I am 55 and over the years each and everyone of us have done something at some stage in our life that when we look back we think OH NO.

That is what life is about - learning from our experiences - I am now older and wiser.

Please don't feel guilty get on with your life and look forward to the future.

Good luck with your anxiety and depression and I am sure you will soon start to feel better.

Take care

Steph
Hey! don't think about the past! go ahead and forgive yourself! ......

just think about the present and the future ...
ñ__ñ GOOD LUCKZ!

b
dnt worry about it. we all done bad things in our life.
u just move on a live for the future

trucker
forgiving yourself is the main ingredient to moving on, the fact that you have given it up entitles you to move on and self forgiveness,

isaulte
Rating
Once a month is not heavy drug use. You were young and a lot of people "get into a state" at that age - I'm not suggesting that it is a good thing to do, but unlike some people you have given it up.

I think you need to move on and look to the future knowing that you are fit and healthy now and that you have done the best for yourself now that you have matured.

Best of luck.

kelly
i'm currently going through that and im 16. All you can really do is tell yourself that you've changed and that was the old you. You are a completely different person who doesn't do those things anymore, and that you don't want to. I always think of it this way, everything happens for a reason. I know it sounds cheesy but it's might be true. To not feel guilty would be a wierd reaction, because feeling guilty means that you regret doing it. So just think of it this way, since you regret doing it, now you will never do it again, so think of the element of learning from a mistake and move on with your life.

Chris K
Man you need to forgive yourself. You weren't participating in anything unusual for young people to go through. Be glad that you were able to kick the habit and try finding new strategies to cope with your problems.

Gary
First off, well done for kicking the booze and drugs. Dont torture yourself about what is in the past. Move on enjoy your life with your partner. Plan for the future not the past. You cant change what has happend. Dont let it ruin your future though.

girismyfriend831
Use your bad experiences as a springboard. Remember what you've done but remember how you've decided to change. Speak to your counselor about this problem. It may ever contribute to your current depression.

Just remember that you aren't going to let it hold you back. You are who you are and the drugs are behind you. You don't take them any more, so that's that. Most people have some skeletons in their closets, but we all need to get through them somehow.

Good luck, remember you aren't alone.

Fershizzl
Its nothing to feel guilty about. You didn't harm anyone or anything like that. Just relax and try to forget about it if it bothers you.

INDUSTRYkurt
Rating
don't live with guilt, you bettered yourself, be proud. i used to drink and drug for years and now I am proud to be clean and sober.

STAND TALL.

caffsans
Rating
that is in your past now=think of nice things that are happening now =you deserve a chance at happiness

lisa1cares
Hi there are many many people that have done what you have, you need to let go of the passed its gone and there is nothing you can do to change that look to the future and focus on the fact that you have stopped now and should be proud of your self for that reason. not all of us can stop and now you need to come to terms with the passed. leave it behind you move on to better and good things that you deserve and should have.
take care
Lisa

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy