Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How long does it take for someone to fully recover following an accident?
its a minor head injury(viplash) & shoulder n arm muscle torn? will it leave a long term problem?...

How many hairs are on a bald mans head?

Please I really need help!! my eye!!! i dont know whats wrong with it.....graphicish?
my right eye feels like it was punched, last night it turned all red and i just thought it was irritated so i put a wet towel over it but when i was going to bed white stuff was dripping out of it, ...

A dog bit my nose, and the bite is pretty deep. What's the fastest way to make it heal?
I soaked it in warm water, cleaned it with alcohol, and put polysporin on it.

Is there anything else I can do to make it heals faster? AND also to prevent scarring?

Yeah... ...

I got my little toe stuck down the plug hole,help?
serious i cant get it out,im stretching to hit the lap top and its killing me.ooouch,i hope theres no spiders crawling up.help....

Dog bite--need help?
on 9th may i was walking wearing a jeans and a stray dog appeared from nowhere and got hold of my leg from behid. as i was walking so as soon as i moved my leg forward my leg was free from his jaw.......

What happens if your knee is painful one second and feels fine another?
My knee starting hurting when I was about in 6th or 7th grade know i am a freshman in high school when i went to the doctor last they took X-Rays & nothing showed up. My knee hurt badly an hour ...

How do men and woman differ emotianally (not physically)?

My husband was injured in a serious road accident?
My husabnd was injured in a serious road accident on 18/01/2006 while driving a works vehicle and while carrying out work duties.His van was blown over while doing 15 miles an hour and fell into a ...

I have swollen cheek!?
On New Years Eve i got punched on the side of the face, and although it didn't feel like a very hard punch, the next day the side of my face was swollen and painful, , there is a cut on the ...

Broken toe??
Do i have a broken toe??
it's swolen
i loose my balance after a minute
it's numb
i cant move it
its bruised after 3 minutes
so is it broken or sprained or ...

Do you think i need x rays?
i went sledding yesterday and i was going towards a gutter so i tryed turning the sled but instead it just turned backwards and i flipped out of the sled and my foot got caught in the gutter and i ...

Have i broken my toe?
I kicked the chest of drawers really hard about 20 mintues ago and it has swollen up really badly, is bleeding underneath the nail and is cut open. I can't bend my big toe, or walk on it. is it ...

How do i reduce swelling on my face?
got punched in the face and my cheek swelled up anything i can take or do other than ice something with a quicker recovery time?...

What should I do about my big toe nail?
While on vacation I accidently let the weel of my suitcase hit my toe while I was trying to pick it up. It already being very week because i've stubbed my toe lots of times pretty bad, my nail ...

I broke my toe and now it looks weird, what do I do?
I broke one of my middle toes and the bone is sticking out (not through the skin) and it hurts to wear some of my dress shoes. This happened like a month ago, but at the time I was not sure if it was ...

How can you rip off a band aid without it hurting?

I sprained my ankle today, can I go to practice on Thursday?
Today I fell at P.E. and my ankle is sprained, it's swollen. Will it go down, and hurt less in time for tennis practice, on Thursday?...

Did anyone else crash while riding a bike?
if so what did u crash into.
Additional Details
i crashed into the box that controls the lights and my friend just stared at me and then a bunch of people drove by and looked at me and i ...

HOW DO YOU break you arm!?
soemone tell me how you break your arm! i dont want 2 but ...

snoballpoodle
My 12 year old foster child has Osgood Schlatter. She had a field trip yesterday, and they walked a LOT!!! =(
i posted this in another section too, but there were only 2 answers so.... i'll try this one!
they walked at least 2 miles. about 1/4 of a mile was going up and down stairs. today her knee is very stiff and can barely bend it past 90 degrees. it helped after she used a heating pad, so it has been doing better.... but tomorrow her class is walking like maybe a mile or 2 to a restaraunt to get ice cream. i know it will set it off again. so, should i send a note with her teacher saying that if her knee swells she should get an ice pack? or are there any ways to relieve the tightness and pain another way? she didn't run in PE today (physical therepist order)... they were supposed to run the mile... her teacher told her that she couldn't do the mile, even though the note says "as tolerated". but how does she control the pain,tightness, stiffness etc? should she keep using the heating pad? my mind is blank. i need help. she had all the symptoms of a torn meniscus and it is Osgood Schlatter.
Additional Details
REMemER GUys! I REALLY NEED ANSWERS!! THEY HAVE TO DO IT ALMOST ALL AGAIN TOMORROW!

ll <3 II
Rating
get someone to get her her ice cream and bring it back to her. Why would a teacher make 7th graders walk 2 miles for ice cream?!?

amberella
oh yikes, i would phone the school and explain the whole thing to them, they should have something to say about it and they will have a suggestion or two, tough situation

hope i helped.
maybe send the heat pad thing with her...
or tell the teachers to keep her at school, but i guess she wont want to be left outt.
i can only say phone the schoool
sorry
but the school definately will say something

amanda
hmmm i really dont know. my brother has that and theres no way to cure it... i guess either have her not go on the trip? or maybe buy her a pair of crutches to use when she has to walk??i really dont know

Brandon M
Rating
Well, I'm sorry I can't be much help, but, I heard, generally, when one has Osgood Schlatter's, that means that they are about to hit a growth spurt.

sporkk
If a heating pad helps, try getting those icy-hot patches. I'm fairly certain they make some for knees, and even if they don't you can improvise. Or get a gel like thera-gesiec, you rub it on the skin and it provides "deep-penetrating pain relieving heat" to quote the box. Also, perhaps give her some Advil or Tylenol before school and send some along for her teacher to hold on to if she needs it again after the trip.

Chris S
Rating
i had this a few yaers ago. they make a brace for it. its called a jumpers knee brace. its like a thin tube like brace that wraps around just below the knee. it help a lot. also crutrches help alot especially when its sore. using crutches at school will releave some of the soreness from the knee. good luck with it hope she feels better !

Latoya J
Rating
I don't have a longterm answer, but why can't she stay home or go to another class while they are on the trip. I know that isn't fun but maybe you can promise to take her out after school.

also you should alert to school to her special needs.

Check Yahoo groups maybe they have a parent group where they can give you some answers and support. I listed 2 sites with info on the condition

its a shame we can't have all our questions answered at dr visits.

Randall
Rating
My brother had that. To avoid surgery you need a bandage to put pressure to the bone just below the Knee cap without cutting off circulation to the leg - and if walking is painful she needs to keep that to a minimum. Normally it takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal. And it sounds like she is not giving it healing time. The heating pad is good because it increases the white blood cells and blood circultion to the injured area. Just be careful not to burn her. A hot foot bath with a little cyanne and ginger mixed in the water will increase blood circulation through the Knees as well and will help refresh her. May God bless you as you seek to aid your child.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy