Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

My husband was injured in a serious road accident?
My husabnd was injured in a serious road accident on 18/01/2006 while driving a works vehicle and while carrying out work duties.His van was blown over while doing 15 miles an hour and fell into a ...

I have swollen cheek!?
On New Years Eve i got punched on the side of the face, and although it didn't feel like a very hard punch, the next day the side of my face was swollen and painful, , there is a cut on the ...

Broken toe??
Do i have a broken toe??
it's swolen
i loose my balance after a minute
it's numb
i cant move it
its bruised after 3 minutes
so is it broken or sprained or ...

Do you think i need x rays?
i went sledding yesterday and i was going towards a gutter so i tryed turning the sled but instead it just turned backwards and i flipped out of the sled and my foot got caught in the gutter and i ...

Have i broken my toe?
I kicked the chest of drawers really hard about 20 mintues ago and it has swollen up really badly, is bleeding underneath the nail and is cut open. I can't bend my big toe, or walk on it. is it ...

How do i reduce swelling on my face?
got punched in the face and my cheek swelled up anything i can take or do other than ice something with a quicker recovery time?...

What should I do about my big toe nail?
While on vacation I accidently let the weel of my suitcase hit my toe while I was trying to pick it up. It already being very week because i've stubbed my toe lots of times pretty bad, my nail ...

I broke my toe and now it looks weird, what do I do?
I broke one of my middle toes and the bone is sticking out (not through the skin) and it hurts to wear some of my dress shoes. This happened like a month ago, but at the time I was not sure if it was ...

How can you rip off a band aid without it hurting?

I sprained my ankle today, can I go to practice on Thursday?
Today I fell at P.E. and my ankle is sprained, it's swollen. Will it go down, and hurt less in time for tennis practice, on Thursday?...

Did anyone else crash while riding a bike?
if so what did u crash into.
Additional Details
i crashed into the box that controls the lights and my friend just stared at me and then a bunch of people drove by and looked at me and i ...

HOW DO YOU break you arm!?
soemone tell me how you break your arm! i dont want 2 but ...

If you really sprained your foot would u be able to walk normally on it?
I have a girl that is staying with me who "claims" she sprained her ankle 2 days ago i never seen her limp etc now that my minivan is off the road she keeps saying she has foot problems. ...

How would i know if i had punctured my lung?
last night i was running, i came back, and going in hte house, i sometimes press into my belly ( like 2 inches below the breasts ) , and it was pretty hard pressing, so that it hurt. i mena not a ...

I sprained my ankle and fracture my fibula bone but just a hairline fracture.?
I was wondering I have been told by my job and other people that the docter should have either put a boot or a cast on me because of the fracture because I could injure it more. My docter sent me ...

What Can I Do To Break/Fracture/Sprain My Wrist That Won’t Hurt A Lot When I Do Hurt It?
Thanks!!! I'm an almost 16 year old girl if that matters.
Additional Details
i know it would hurt a lot, i don't really care! and i'm not stupid. i have reasons i'm ...

Are you clumsy?
i am, i fall sometimes, i always walk into things, what is it you do that makes you clumsy....

I got Burned on my arm?
I gor Burned on my arm at this mexican place and the plate was hot i was grabing my drink and my arm touch it so how can i treat the burned?
Additional Details
I use ...

I've got 24 bruises on my legs but don't no how I got them! They don't hurt........?? :S?

Additional Details
No smudge, I wasn't drunk, i'm only 13! :P...

I hurt my leg 6 months ago and and it still hurts. There's a GAP in my leg where muscle used to be.?
I give up. I tried everything. I went to a doctor and she told me to take 4 asprins a day for a week...nothing. I then went to physical therapy...nothing. But then I started walking on my own about 4 ...

Dee
Was hurt at work and want to sue?
I was recently hurt at work, I dislocated my sholder, the company Dr. says my sholder will never be the same it has a1/4 inch gap in it. my question is may I sue for this and keep my job?Does this follow me in a future job when they do a backround check? and to say why dont you have surgery? the pain is great yes but I cant afford to be off work with only compo as income

Big Ste
Go for it Dee. Try and get every penny you can. This in no way will effect further employment and the company you are with now will have liability insurance, so they will be covered.
If you are in a union, good. As they will pay all your costs, if you are not try one of the `no win, no fee` companies on the telly. Good luck huny x

Conkys Mummy
hi there, i am just in the process of claiming against my previous workplace. i was taken on by a no win no fee company so i wont lose a penny!!! Go for it. Workplaces get away with far too much these days and what do they pay their insurance for... for people like us to make a claim when someone silly has not wiped floor dry, not put a ladder away etc... do it, you can stay working for the company even if a claim is going through, it is illegal for them to treat you any differently as an employee!!! Good luck chick x x

Labyrinth
Rating
I wouldn't worry about any future job prospects. You are entitled to make a claim for 'accidental injury'? You've seen all the adverts on T.V. you know the 'no win no fee' ones. No one should hold it against you if you sue your company, at the end of the day it is a health and safty issue that was not tested to prevent how you from dislocating your arm. If for some reason your employers fire you with no real reason then you can take them to the tribunal and more than likely win the case.

Good Luck

Donna L
You should be covered by your companies Workman's Compensation Insurance Co. That is what they pay them for. You should be off work and still be able to get 2/3 of your regular pay. And any surgical, medical, prescriptions, therapy will be paid for by
the company' WC carrier. I am going through the same thing. I do have a lawyer, you need one to fight for everything these days. Yes they are no fee if you lose your case, but if you win they usually
get 10-12% of your settlement. You need to talk to your Human
Resources department and get all your paper work done now.
Do not let that slide, or they will say it never happened. The get your shoulder fixed, take time off to heal and go back to work.
Your lawyer does all the legal work for you. If it happened at work
then it falls under Workman's Compensation. Look under your state on the Internet and find out all about it.
Good Luck, and you will not have to sue, you reach a settlement that you feel is right for you. Don't plan on anything huge tho, never happens.

richard_beckham2001
Rating
You need to speak to a solicitor about your accident, they would give you the best advice.
Or maybe you have a union rep who could advise you as well.

JONNY
Rating
Have the company issued with a warning about your accident.
stated heath and safety act 7 at you.???????
No then go for it, But get a another doctors report to back your claim, If they try to get rid of you sue again for lost earning; you .if you are still there you should be OK.
Get your sholder fixed and the company to pay and full sick pay when you are off.
you have 3 years to make a claim not in a union?? go to c.a.b

logon17
Rating
Were you hurt at work due to your own negligence or that of someone else? That is the basis for any suit. If the injury is cause by something the company did, or should not have done, then yes, you have a law suit there. If it was just a freak accident or clumsiness...then no. I would say ask and attorney, but be careful...they are a slimy lot. This can effect your future employment, especially of you bring about a frivolous law suit.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy