Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I sprained my ankle and fracture my fibula bone but just a hairline fracture.?
I was wondering I have been told by my job and other people that the docter should have either put a boot or a cast on me because of the fracture because I could injure it more. My docter sent me ...

What Can I Do To Break/Fracture/Sprain My Wrist That Won’t Hurt A Lot When I Do Hurt It?
Thanks!!! I'm an almost 16 year old girl if that matters.
Additional Details
i know it would hurt a lot, i don't really care! and i'm not stupid. i have reasons i'm ...

Are you clumsy?
i am, i fall sometimes, i always walk into things, what is it you do that makes you clumsy....

I got Burned on my arm?
I gor Burned on my arm at this mexican place and the plate was hot i was grabing my drink and my arm touch it so how can i treat the burned?
Additional Details
I use ...

I've got 24 bruises on my legs but don't no how I got them! They don't hurt........?? :S?

Additional Details
No smudge, I wasn't drunk, i'm only 13! :P...

I hurt my leg 6 months ago and and it still hurts. There's a GAP in my leg where muscle used to be.?
I give up. I tried everything. I went to a doctor and she told me to take 4 asprins a day for a week...nothing. I then went to physical therapy...nothing. But then I started walking on my own about 4 ...

Can I claim personal injury compensation in case of broken leg while doing Motocross experience race?
I've broken my leg on 21st Aug while falling off the motocross bike on a muddy and slippery track. Nobody's fault, purely loosing control when landing after the jump. as far as I'm ...

My boyfriend just came in my eye WHAT DO I DO???
Help it hurts and it is all red and i look like Quazimoto. not kidding. What do I do?...

Have you ever had a very serious injury?
have you ver had a really serius injury? please tell me? please tell full story of wat happened? what bone did you break? did you even break a bone? did you go too the hospital?

just ...

How long will it take for my toenail to grow back?
Okay, so heres the thing... I was playing soccer and some obese girl stomped on my foot. It hurt really bad, when I got home I took off all my stuff and my toe really hurt. In the next few days my ...

Have you ever rode in a ambulance? If so for what?
I have a couple of times one last year when I flipped backwards over my pool trying to catch a ball and wacked my head on a rock and fence. It was a 4 foot fall. I remeber when I was in the ambulance ...

Who cuts rings off your finger when they become too tight?

I tore my ankle ligiments 6 months ago and im still in pain what should i do?

Is my ankle broken?
it is swoolen and is very painful to the touch!!! help ...

Colar Bone Break??
how long does it take for a Colar Bone to heal after being broken?...

After sustaining a herniated disc in the lower back, how long does it take for pain to radiate down the leg?
I have 2 herniated discs in my back (L5/S1, L4). I've been injured w/o specific treatment for the discs for a year. It took 3 1/2 months for pain to go from my back to my leg (w/glute and hip ...

How do you know?
How do you know when a puncture wound is getting infected? Be specific......

Is there a difference between a "fractured bone" and a "broken bone"? Or can they be used synonymously?
Please list reference... Thanks a bunch....

Has anyone ever been to a&e; and then felt better?
i did it earlier after smashing into a tree on a swing!..i was sure i'd smashed my pelvis and had done internal damage but apparently i've just bruised it!!i feel like i wasted everyones ...

How can i break my ankel??
ok i kinnda told everyone i broke my ankel so i need to brakeit quick!! plz help

p.s i cant find any hammers
Additional Details
ik what ur saying but i need to brake it just ...

~Christine~
Do you think i need x rays?
i went sledding yesterday and i was going towards a gutter so i tryed turning the sled but instead it just turned backwards and i flipped out of the sled and my foot got caught in the gutter and i have a little line on my ankle cuz when i got it stuck i feel backwards and when i turn it a certain way its hurts really bad do you think i sprainined it and i need x rays?

Derek B
yes. your doctor might be able to tell if it's broken or sprained.

ne11
Rating
Yes, go have an x-ray.

nursey
I'm a nurse, Yes you need x-rays see a doctor

communists 4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes.

Ém
Rating
If you can still raise your foot up, it is most likely just a sprain. But to be sure, have it x-rayed. But for now try putting some ice.

Randy Moss #81
Rating
yes you need x-rays...even if you can walk on it it still could be broken... i hurt my ankle in basketball a few years back.. i could walk on it and i though i just sprained it really bad... go to get x-rays and it was broken in 2 places... def go to the doctors..

Orinoco
If you can walk pretty normally on it, you probably don't need x-rays because you haven't broken any bones. However, if it hurts a lot perhaps you should still see a doctor. At very least it sounds like you have a bad ankle sprain.

You should do the R.I.C.E.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

and take some pain relief (paracetamol/acetaminophen, or maybe ibuprofen if you can have it).

If you cannot walk normally you may well need to obtain crutches. These can often be gotten from the pharmacists.

If in doubt, see a doctor and if there is any suspicion of a broken bone they are likely to x-ray your ankle or foot.

Are you serious?
Rating
You should get x-rays even though it might not be bad... we on the answers can really not tell because we can't see it and you need to have a doctor look at it. For now ice it and if you have and ace wrap or just a wrap you can use that. You can also take a bubble bath. Try to stay off it if it hurts to much, but you should try to walk on it to make it not to stiff. Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy