Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet ...

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

Plz i dont know if im fat or not?
im 13 5'1" and 129lbs
AM I FAT???
AND IF I AM WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I BE AT?
aND HOW CAN I GET THERE?...

Im trying to gain weight, any advice??

Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet ...

Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER you breakfast?

Whats a way to lose 50lb in 5 months?
whats a way that i can lose 50lb in 5 months
its really really important that i do so.
soo what are some ways that would help like what are some things you do to keep the weight off??

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

If your bathroom scale could talk, what would it say?

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

Does not doing excersise make you fat?
Even if you diet, does a lack of regular excersise in your life make you gain weight?...

Does you think he's good looking?
http://www.hotchickswith I think he is GORGEOUS. But I just want to know what individual people think also.

Do you think he looks good?...

What happens if i cut soda out of my diet and just drink lots of water?

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

Jade S
HELPPPPPP MEEEEEEE PLEASE!?
I have just started 8th grade. 13 years old. I want to order this exercise tape called Slim in 6. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/slim_in_6.do?code=GOOGLE_SEM_SI6&ef_id=1908:3:s_725121df6fd86816c971b045c0591193_3000843643:6Md0-EGvMaAAADHcg3UAAAAD:20080928171620

Well, the bad part is that I don't have a job, I don't have any money, and there's no way I can get a job. So I ask my dad to send me money. He takes at least 3 months to send only $100! And I need to get the tape ASAP. So, I give up on that and ask my mom, whom I live with. I ask her how I could EARN $80 to buy it, and she says "I don't know" every single time! Then, I just flat out ask her to buy it for me. She gets outraged saying she tried to take me to the YMCA all summer [which she asked me twice all summer], and tells me to stop eating less. I tell her "I can't go back in time and go, I need you to help me NOW instead of saying what I should have done" Instead of compromising with me, she walks out of the house still saying I should have went to the YMCA.

As you may see, I'm in a bad situation. I need to either find a way to earn $80 fast, or convince my mom to buy it for me. I really need to lose weight before high school, and I need an easy plan that I can stick to on my busy schedule. Thanks in advance everybody!
Additional Details
Also I'm a very good kids, I get A's and B's, I do work around the house, and I'm very respectful to her. But I don't get anything for it.

Munya Says: GFOD
That "slim in 6" program is basically a diet plan (low carbs, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, protein) and a workout plan that anyone can do on their own.
I totally wasted my money on it. I got it and I'm like WTF!!??!

I got "sold" on the really awesome infomercial.

If you still MUST HAVE IT, then get one on ebay.

welchm53
I feel your pain, Jade, because when I was your age I was trying to gain the weight you're trying to lose. If there was a Skinny- Man contest, I would have beaten Mahatma Gandhi into a distant 2nd. I was looped over like a question mark! I was too poor to eat better or to get into any muscular training program. I think losing weight is going to be easier for you than gaining it was for me at 13, especially if you do these simple things:

People like to say, "eat less", but that's hard for a healthy 13 year old to swallow(!!?) The trick is to eat differently, not less. You said you're a good kid, so I'm depending on you to have enough discipline to do this... stop drinking soda and stop eating just before you sleep. That food will turn into pounds while you're sleeping. Stop eating 2 hours before sleep time. If you get hungry before bed eat half an apple or a plum. Don't worry, soon you'll get accustomed to this. Drink a lot of water and some light fruit juice instead of soda. If you want to snack between meals, eat salads and fruits, or eat these along with your meals. Leave the fast food (burgers, fries etc.) alone except once in a while and stay with the home cooking (ask Mom to change to canola oil and use only little of it when cooking). Let's rehearse that; soda and junk food out, water, fruit juice, fruits and veggies, in.

Now, exercise. Take a long walk every day for 6 days a week. Walk as fast as you can and try some running in between. Eventually you'll do more running and less walking, but don't hurry. You'll get better and better at this and you'll feel great without spending any money to do it. As soon as possible, join a team that does some competitive sport, preferably at school, or train for track. The idea is not to do well at sport, but to stay fit. If you do well that's an added plus.

Lastly, love yourself, and don't let people decide what size is good for you. Thats your call, but always try to stay fit. Nuff respect!

Maria C
its bad to lose weight was it might damaged ur health. just dont eat alot of sweats it will help. dont spend money on this

Ashley K
Rating
You sound like a spoiled brat.

liz741
if you are only 13 you do NOT need to lose weight! your body is still developing. however, you can become more healthy. do this by running after school.. doing push ups and sit ups before bed.. or getting involved with sports at school. you need to eat healthy foods in the right PROPORTIONS. believe me this video is not a cure-all! if it is a quick fix.. you will gain all the weight back and then some when you get bored with the video. DO NOT MAKE YOUR PARENTS WASTE THE MONEY! your body is going to change about 98743598 more times.. so just keep yourself healthy, that is all that you can do!

Regina
Rating
listen hon, you dont need an exercise tape to lose weight. i just lost 45lbs in 4 months. i didnt use an exercise tape. the number one thing is watching what you eat. you have to cut out al fried foods, starch, sugar, etc. if you do that alone, you will drop the pounds. now if you add in an exercise routine you will get to the weight you want. all i did was walked 2 miles a day, did crunches, push ups, sit ups. its really tough at first, but once you see a couple pounds come off you wont want to stop. im 26 years old and ive been heavy my whole life. i have a better body now than i did before i had my 2 children. so i know it works. you can do anything you put your mind to. i woke up one day and said thats it!! i dont want to be fat anymore. im wearing a size 6 and ive been size 16 for as long as i can remember. you should search exercise routines on the computer and you will learn what exercises you should do on a daily basis. im telling you, you dont have to spend money!! just try it. i started seeing results within a week. after about 2 weeks it will get easier and it will become more of a habit. you dont need ymca...you can do it in the comfort of your own home.

abbersluu♥
Rating
try babysitting, or walking dogs or doing big chores and ask for good money.

Sparkle&Shine
Rating
join the cross country team, and make sure you have P.E. That's what I do and people call me a stick

that one
That tape seems like SUCH a waste of money. That's why your mom and dad just don't seem to care if you get it-- they just don't see the point. Tapes don't work that well anyway-- the people who sell them pray on our insecurities to make money-- that's so slimy!

Go with sensible eating and working out-- I mean if you do need to lose weight. Listen to your folks they love you.

Trust me the tape is NOT worth it. You'd be better of spending $100 on clothes or music or ANYTHING else that's fun.

SugarBear
Rating
First of all, being good with kids, getting A's and B's, working around the house and being very respectful are things you should be proud of not get something for. Secondly, you did not say how much overweight you feel you are. Maybe you don't need to lose at all. If you really are overweight start by eating properly. 5 small meals a day, healthy food, lots of fruit and veggies, no sweet snacks or fast food. Get up and move. Walk or run everyday, use some canned goods as weights, do some sit ups and floor exercises. And since your mom has already sprung for the Y membership...use it. Aerobics at the Y should do the trick. Remember, its not how much you spend, its how much effort you expend. Good luck.

devildiver
Rating
80dough huh? i think i know but im not really sure. Get a whole bunch of chocolate bars from a store... They are like 1$ ea then go next to a free way and sell em for 2$ ea. Say its a school fundraiser on a poster and by the end of the day u'd have around 80 bucks with leftover chocolate bars....

Herbert
Rating
Eat less and exercise. You don't need the tape.

mark_bessey
Rating
You don't need any of that crap. Start walking, eat less calories, and you'll lose weight. Of course, that's assuming that you're actually overweight, rather than just thinking that you are.

You're in school right now, right? See what activities you can join that require some physical activity.

Sheiletta
Rating
you don't need a tape to be able to excersize..

Kristen H
It's not worth the $80. If you look in the corner during the commercials, there is a little thing that says 'results not typical', which means those few people out of thousands of people got the results. Instead of the tapes, try a sport, or go on a long walk every day after school. It's cheaper and more beneficial in the long run.

jbon
Rating
forget the tape
just do exercises at home, like running and cardiovascular excercises
you dont really need a video to get in shape

Miranda
Your only thirteen why are you so worried about losing weight? But i don't think you should do a video type thing i think you should just do regular exercises because you probably wont even stick to the video or you will only use it once and wasted money on it. but that'ss what i think.

Elizabeth
Rating
well i am the same way im 13 too. and i do things all the time and dont get anything for it they tell me that is how it is supposed to be so i just deal with so i geuss there is nothing we can do about that. but anyways instead of buying that stupid thing try wearing and big hot sweater and go walking/jogging. you should remember to eat all of your nutrients too (dont eat less to lose weight, it doesnt work)when you wear the sweater though it makes you sweat a lot and then you lose weight also sometimes if you want to lose you gut/ stomach then still were the sweater but wrap tight seran wrap around your stomach and it will flatten it right up

also remember to always eat breakfast because it highens your metabolism (help you lose weight)

so sont waste your money on that stupid thing!!!

also try selling some things on ebay, help neighbors too for extra money. and there are free workout vidios on youtube

Ivan S
Rating
Honestly the best way to lose weight is to exercise and eat healthy. I know this may sound like a broken record, but how about you go for a 20min run each day and slowly build it up to a 30 min. This will make you drink more water and less hungry. Believe me it works. Also 80 dollars for a video is outrageous!!! Just go to a library and rent various ab work out tapes or books. Even, the internet is filled with clips on youtube on how to slim your body. As you can see there are some very effective resources that you can use that are free!!!

LDP
Rating
The best thing that you can do for your body is eat right and exercise. I know what it feels like to be your age and want to lose weight. It is a struggle, but thinking that an $80 video is going to solve all your problems isn't the case. If you live in a neighborhood, take a walk around it everyday, maybe you can even ask your mom if she would like to join you. When you feel comfortable enough, try running around it. Healthy eating and exercise is the right way to get the weight off and keep it off. If you feel you absolutely need this video, you could babysit or see if your neighborhood needs someone to do a paper route. Ask neighbors if you can do things for them to earn extra money or you could stick it out and wait for your dad to send you the money. I know you will come up with the best solution. Good luck!

Peilthetraveler
Rating
if you have a VHS player, you can buy slim in 6 for $1.83 on amazon used http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0007LSS2O/ref=sr_1_olp_4?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1222623327&sr=8-4

If you have to get the DVD because you dont got a VHS player you can get it used for just over 14 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002VS2G6/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

doingthepanic
Rating
You need to practice a healthy diet and exercise. That's all you need. Not some $80 tape.

Mick T
do NOT buy one of these tapes. Seriously--it is just a waste of money and it is something that you will probably get tired of within the first week and never watch it again. If you are really trying to slim down, all you have to do is cardio work such as running, jogging, swimming, etc. If you want to tone your body, cardio + light weight work outs with high reps are a must. If you wish to gain muscle mass, do heavy weight work outs with small rep amounts. As well, do NOT stop eating less (unless you simply over indulge yourself). Eating at least 3 course meals a day is necessary for a growing body, especially someone your age. Of course, you have to take into consideration what you are eating. That is a big factor of why people can't lose weight because they keep snacking on crap and then wonder why they still have excessive fat.

Ta-Zu
Rating
The hell?
Don't waste your money on that crap.

You can find exercise videos online.
Anything like that - lose 25 lbs in six weeks, lose this much in this long type of stuff. It's usually just a waste of money.

To lose weight, all you have to do exercise and eat healthily.
Exercise - it's usually cardio that's the best. About forty-five minutes everyday.
Healthy - Healthy foods, with about 1500 - 1800 calories a day, and you're allowed to eat sweets, just in moderation. You can't deny sweets completely.

Jay
there are other ways-- that do work-- to lose weight so dont get so hung up on that expensive tape. take it from me- im a weight loss counsler and i specialize in teens like yourself. there are videos that you can buy for cheap.. or even download off the computer! start making a food journal- make sure your diet is full of fruits and veggies and small portions of meats and starches. and drink plenty of water!-- thats only a brief overview, try googling and doing research and make a diet/exercise plan that works for you! (that doesnt involve money)

Steve R
Rating
Save your money, kid. Seriously. There is not one single person who ever lost an ounce by buying an exercise tape. It may seem now like this is the key to all your problems but, take my word for it, months and years from now, when that exercise tape is sitting around collecting dust and you haven't lost any weight, you'll wish you had that money back.

Save your money and concentrate on getting some simple exercise every day (a jog around the block, shooting hoops, whatever) and cutting back on stuff you know you shouldn't be eating. The eating plan you set for yourself now is the same one that you'll be following the rest of your life. They are your choices, so make them wisely.

Best of luck.

FrinkZoe
Exercise is free. An $80 fitness tape will not have any secrets to make it easier: Burn more calories than you eat. There is no short-cut. Save your money.

hawaiigirl
go on youtube and get excrcise videos for free. thats what i do:)

RayRay
You're better off exercising at home, or doing cardiovascular activities, such as running and walking. Or watch hip hop abs on youtube

P
IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Seriously, don't waste your money. I'm the same, I often get into thinking that just doing or getting one thing will make everything else easier... it never does.
You don't NEED an exercise tape. You don't NEED people to tell you how to lose weight, because you already KNOW how to.
It's simple: exercise more, eat better.

NOT necessarily eat less, eat BETTER. Unless you eat an incredible amount each day, odds are that the problem is not in HOW MUCH you eat, it's WHAT you eat. You don't even need to start just eating salads! Just try to eat healthily, plenty of protein and fibre (vegetables and 'lean' meat (meat with no fat on)), absolutely no junk food, nothing fried or fatty. Things like chocolate are even alright, as long as you don't eat too much. You can try asking your parents to buy lots of good, healthy food - it sounds cheaper than an exercise tape, so they are more likely to say yes!
Eating better won't even hurt your schedule!

As for exercise - if you have any time, join a club in or out of school. If you don't, try just doing small things - if you walk places, don't take shortcuts. If your parents usually drive you to places near by, offer to walk or cycle. It'll save petrol too! If you don't like sports (like me) try to find something that you can enjoy, like swimming or walking. Heck, if you need to learn something for school, try learning it while walking around! It may even help you memorise it!
Personally, I may be the least sporty person who ever existed. I hate sports, have no free time due to school, don't understand competitiveness and can barely run, but by eating well, walking places (even up and down my garden!) and trying to overcome my fear of running (long story) I manage to keep relatively fit and healthy.

Alright, now that I've written an essay for you, good luck! Heh heh, sorry, I didn't mean for it to turn out that long... :) but don't forget not to get overwhelmed by the desire to be 'skinny'. Lose weight in a way that is comfortable for you, and that you feel happy with. Don't set yourself unrealistic targets.
Once again, good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy