Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Why do braces need rubberbands?
- My orthadontist said so the teeht could stay in place or something like ...

Tooth Abscess?
Is it a disease? Tell me more about it please. Don't tell me to go to the doctor. I want to know what it is before I go. Can I die from it?, etc...

PS. I had a tooth abscess for 7...

How do I get rid of these mouth sores?
Lately, Ive been having these sores on the left side of my mouth and I cant seem to get them to go away.
Ive cleaned them and Ive went to the nurse at my school and she doesnt even know what ...

I just got braces and they hurt!what do I do?
I just got braces this morning and they didn't hurt then and I've taken tylonal and they still hurt what can I do?
Additional Details
and I have these bit things behind my two ...

Will smoking crack make my teeth fall out?

What is peroxide?

Which hurts more: wisdom teeth extraction or getting braces?
Already had my wisdom teeth removed (6 months ago), getting braces in about three weeks.
Additional Details
When I had my wisdoms out, wasn't able to take medicine until a couple ...

Robertdinho
I just got braces, and they gave me small pieces of wax, whats that for?
how do I use the wax?

lilydoo
Rating
Any part of your braces that is irritating the inside of your mouth or gums can be covered in a bit of wax to make you more comfortable.

princess_prissy16
I have braces and the wax is for you to put on your brackets if they are bothering you,
First: rip of a piece and ball it up and then put it on the bracket (my aunt melted the wax first) Only if your braces are hurting you in a certain spot.

I personally dont like to put wax on.

Email me!

TAMARA
It's for you to rub on your braces, so that you will have a little bit of wax on the sharp metal & help keep your mouth from getting cut up.

Eintstein
Rating
Why didn't you ask your dentist after you got the braces on?? You could always call him and ask or ask your parents.

joyy89
Rating
You rub the wax along the parts of your braces that are irritating the inner side of your mouth. I just got them as well and I find that if you put just enough on, it even makes your mouth feel nice after a while :-)

Trollhair
if the braces break and rub against your gum...put a small piece there so it won't rip up your mouth...you get a small piece and roll it around and form it around the irritated spot. then get the the ortho immediately.

Frogodo
Rating
When I was in highschool a friend of mine had braces and i used to chew on the wax. I enjoyed the chewing more than she enjoyed the braces.

jrgaskin
you will figure it out tomorrow, when the brackets have irritated your mouth. just put the wax on the bracket(s) that are rubbing the inside of your mouth. it really does help. good luck.

that weird girl
Rating
now your braces are gonna hurt your mouth real bad, rubbing your mouth raw and all sorts of fun stuff. you put the wax over the part of the braces that is hurting you and then it wont hurt as much, because it will be smooth.

KiwiEyes
If the braces start chafing your tongue or the inside of your mouth, apply a little piece of the wax to the braces where it's rubbing. Break it off the wax stick, and warm it with your fingers so you can shape it, then press it (gently and slowly!) against the braces until it sticks.

itsmeluhello
Rating
Do I remember when! If you just got your braces your going to have some pain, it kind of feels like every tooth is loose. Well the wax isn't really for pain. I hated it when my top lip would get hung up on my braces. This is due to the little wires they snip, now those little wires can cause ow-wees by poking your lips. So put a little bit of the wax on the wire that's poking out a bit so it wont irritate your lip OK. When you go back to your ortho let him know so he can change it to a newer wire That's it. You'll be fine. It also will stop your lip from hanging up. Sounds silly but it happens. Keep smiling

Emily W
Rating
Just take little pieces of wax and stick it on your braces of there's any place that they are rubbing on your mouth and it hurts. You don't have to use it if you have no pain

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy