Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Tooth Abscess?
Is it a disease? Tell me more about it please. Don't tell me to go to the doctor. I want to know what it is before I go. Can I die from it?, etc...

PS. I had a tooth abscess for 7...

How do I get rid of these mouth sores?
Lately, Ive been having these sores on the left side of my mouth and I cant seem to get them to go away.
Ive cleaned them and Ive went to the nurse at my school and she doesnt even know what ...

I just got braces and they hurt!what do I do?
I just got braces this morning and they didn't hurt then and I've taken tylonal and they still hurt what can I do?
Additional Details
and I have these bit things behind my two ...

Will smoking crack make my teeth fall out?

What is peroxide?

Which hurts more: wisdom teeth extraction or getting braces?
Already had my wisdom teeth removed (6 months ago), getting braces in about three weeks.
Additional Details
When I had my wisdoms out, wasn't able to take medicine until a couple ...

forevernightowl
How long does nitrous oxcide stay in your system?

Tha Shizzle
Rating
14 days, untill you'll pass a drug test, or it's jail for you.

TIMOTHY D L
Rating
A very short time! 12 hours if you passed out from it!

too funny
Rating
I had a wisdom tooth pulled a couple of years ago, and I believe (not certain) that it stays in your system for at least a couple hours.

ossifer8301
Rating
Not long. It should take no longer than an hour.

Dakota
Rating
i looked all over the internet and in my bio book and only found out that if enough is inhaled then it can be deadly. also said that depending on how much inhailed
(spelled oxide)
hope you feel beter

Dr Matt W (Australia)
The lingering effect that Dr Sam talks of is correct. And of course the stronger the concentration, and the longer you've been gassed, then the longer the after-effects.
In dentistry where people are allowed to leave shortly after the treatment, it's important that they allow appropriate time for it to wear off before driving, or heavily dosed patients should have a driver or taxi.
A hands-on practical course is a good way to feel what patients go thru.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
DR.SAM QUALIFIES THE ANSWER MOST THOROUGHLY.

andy t
Rating
aprox. 10 min

Sam
I will agree with Pangolin's answer to a certain extent, but qualify it with the following information.

Nitrous oxide is a VERY volatile gas, which means it evaporates quickly. This is why it leaves your body so soon after the procedure. The thing is, it is also fat soluable. In a larger person, especially, you can see some effects of this property. The patient will show the signs of nitrous oxide sedation as soon as any other patient and the operator (doctor, anesthetist) will determine that this is the proper operating range (flow) for this patient. In a few minutes, though, the patient will complain that he'she no longer feels "high" from the nitrous. This is because the nitrous oxide has transferred from the blood to the body fat. The operator will then have to increase the percent of nitrous oxide to attain a satisfactory state of analgesia to offset the loss of gas to the fat tissues. When the operator turns off the nitrous, the patient will breathe it off very quickly, but this only applies to the N2O that is in the blood stream. For the next several HOURS (sometimes), the N2O will then leave the fatty tissues and return to the blood stream where it continues to leave the body by simply evaporating in the lungs where it is then breathed off. During this time, the patient can feel almost like they have had a concussion with a headache and mild confusion.

In a lean person, nitrous oxide leaves the body within a matter of a few minutes after it is discontinued. In a fat person, they regain "normal" mobility in about the same time, but the cloudy head and slow thought process may take a few hours to return to normal.

sarina_202
Rating
Highly depends on the exposure time.

I hope this helps

http://www.cganet.com/N2O/factsht.asp

hkrissi
Rating
It depends on how much laughing gas you inhale. and its spelled
nitrous oxide ....

Pangolin
Rating
Nitrous oxide stays in your system only minutes after you stop inhaling it.

It is a very insoluble gas, which means it does not accumulate anywhere in your body. That is why it works so fast.

I work with nitrous on a daily basis as an anesthesiologist. We monitor the gases that patients breathe out, and can watch the levels of nitrous decrease to zero very quickly (about 1-2 minutes) after we turn the gas off.

(It is important to breathe 100% oxygen for a few minutes after turning nitrous off, because the nitrous in the blood floods the lungs and decreases the percent of oxygen that is breathed in. Breathing less than 21% oxygen is unhealthy and can lead to serious problems.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy