Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Why is toothpaste generally mint flavoured?
Is there a medical reason for this or does it just taste fresh?...

The best or cheapest way to fill a gap from a missing tooth ?

I am a full time uni student aged 20 livin on my own, am i entilited to get dental treatment on the nhs.?

What o you do first? brushing your teeth or flossing?

600 mg of Ibuprofren.. is this dangerous to take every 6 hrs?
Hi, Im having some extreme wisdom tooth pain.. Im due to have it extracted next week of thursday..
my question is ; Is it dangerous to take ibuprofren 600mg every 6 hrs?
this is what I ...

What will u do if u know u will die tomorrow?

What is better?
what makes more money a nurse or dentist?...

Hot pink and black braces?
im havivg braces on soon carnt wait but will hot pink and black look good for a teen with brown hair and brown eyes !...

How come one of my teeth is dark?
my 2 front teeth, one of them is normal and the other one is dark....like the whole teeth looks shaded....it dont ...

Will a Retainer Straighten My Teeth?
I am the age of 29, and I am trying to get a better smile, but I hate that one of my front teeth overlap the other by a little bit. I was wondering if I could wear a retainer instead of braces to ...

The NHS why is it in so much trouble. (UK)?
I have been reading the Sunday newspaper today (The People) and it gives a disturbing report on the state of the NHS

Operations being cancelled
Wards being closed
Long waiting ...

My tooth aches when hot/cold touches it....?
I have fillings in just about every tooth surrounding the area of pain...I went to the dentist, had xrays....then he tells me he doesn't see anything that would be causing pain....then suggests I...

Who has had a root canal and is it as bad as it sounds?
I hate the dentist - I play hockey, rugby and football so I don't mind getting smacked, punch or kicked but for some reason I get anxiety even thinking about going to the dentist. That drill ...

Is grinding your teeth at night caused by drinking to much pop?
if not what is it caused from?...

Is gum good for you?
Dose it really help you have white teeth?...

Braces.......?
i am 12 and i have to get braces soon. do they hurt when you get them on? how long does it take? on a scale 1-10 how much do they hurt after?...

Why do you get fillings?
what are fillings for?!?!?!?!?!?!...

BRACES - what does the tooth glue that orthodontists use taste like?
i heard it tastes like sealence (the stuff that your dentist puts on your molars so you can chew - which i HAVE had done) but i am not sure....is it ok to swallow? help!!...

I'm having my wisdom teeth out. Any stories, good or bad?

Bump on my gums?
i get a liitle buimp on my gums, i can push on it and puss comes out. the bump usually forms overnite and during the day it's a little tender..could this be an absess tooth?...

pool_wizard20
Why does the gum around my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth?

claudia
Rating
Maybe you have gingivitis. Use medicinal toothpaste (ex. Lacalut) and clean regulary teeth with dental floss. You may take Imudon 8-10 cps/day during a week, twice a year. You should talk with your dentist.

buddy girl
it is a symptom of gingivitis which is a gum inflammation....see a dentist

burtybear
Rating
Sometimes it does bleed if you brush too hard, but the giveaway is that your teeth will also probably be sensitive to cold and sweet things. Bleeding not due to that could be a symptom of excess plaque and debris accumulating at the gum level. Contact your dentist first and get a professional clean. Then, as you brush pay attention to the gum lines, without brushing too hard. Floss regularly, as that gets debris out from places brushing cannot reach. It has been shown that plaque build-up left for 3-4 days will cause bleeding, but it will take just as long to reverse it. Good luck!

hott_arkansas_guy
THis could mean that you have gingivitis, or gum disease, or you could simply be using too hard a brush. What I suggest is that you see your dentist and explain to him/her what is happening and have it looked at. Only your dentist/doctor can properly diagnose the problem and instruct you on the best steps to alleviate the situation.

stiffy05
Rating
Possible explanations are you are brushing too hard. When i went to the dentist they told me i had brush inbrasions which means i was brushing too hard. My dentist told me too use a soft toothbrush and flossing. He said that when you hold your toothbrush hold it closer to the bottom that prevents adding pressure which causes them not to bleed. When you floss floss daily. If your not a big flosser your gums will bleed at first but once you get the routine they will stop it just takes time for your gums to get used to it. My dentist also suggested a batterized toothbrush which helps with the pressure and even now that i use a batterized toothbrush i tend to hold it closer to the bottom to make sure that i don't add too much pressure. And it might also mean that you have a case of gingivitis but its treatable. Consult with your dentist with this. :)

Air Hockey Canada
Rating
This may give you more information that you need ...
http://www.healingdaily.com/conditions/bleeding-gums.htm

rusty1fan
Floss,Floss,Floss, Brush,Brush,Brush, use a soft toothbrush and Floss. See a Dentist!!!!

tammy
Rating
u are not getting enough vitamin c..
try eating more fruits.. it helps..

well..
u are also suppose to brush ur teeth softer..
try liquid form of cleaning ur teeth..
then u don't have to brush so hard

cyanne2ak
This actually means that you aren't taking care of your gums and teeth. YOu need to brush more often and HARDER.

go getta'
Rating
not sure how to spell this but here goes. gingivitis, it's a gum disease and it's fairly common.

crazyat26
Sometimes when you get a brand new tooth brush that happens. To prevent the bleeding you should floss your teeth so that all the junk gets our from between your teeth. Oh and dont brush too hard.

Cherriest
Rating
You need to brush and floss more often. Once you begin brushing reguarly and flossing once a day you will notice the bleeding begin to stop as your gums will become healthier. This is if you have the mildest stage of periodontal disease which is gingivitis. You need to get in to see your dentist for a cleaning and evaluation. It's possible you have a more advanced stage of periodontitis.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy