Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What will u do if u know u will die tomorrow?

What is better?
what makes more money a nurse or dentist?...

Hot pink and black braces?
im havivg braces on soon carnt wait but will hot pink and black look good for a teen with brown hair and brown eyes !...

How come one of my teeth is dark?
my 2 front teeth, one of them is normal and the other one is dark....like the whole teeth looks shaded....it dont ...

Will a Retainer Straighten My Teeth?
I am the age of 29, and I am trying to get a better smile, but I hate that one of my front teeth overlap the other by a little bit. I was wondering if I could wear a retainer instead of braces to ...

The NHS why is it in so much trouble. (UK)?
I have been reading the Sunday newspaper today (The People) and it gives a disturbing report on the state of the NHS

Operations being cancelled
Wards being closed
Long waiting ...

My tooth aches when hot/cold touches it....?
I have fillings in just about every tooth surrounding the area of pain...I went to the dentist, had xrays....then he tells me he doesn't see anything that would be causing pain....then suggests I...

Who has had a root canal and is it as bad as it sounds?
I hate the dentist - I play hockey, rugby and football so I don't mind getting smacked, punch or kicked but for some reason I get anxiety even thinking about going to the dentist. That drill ...

Is grinding your teeth at night caused by drinking to much pop?
if not what is it caused from?...

Is gum good for you?
Dose it really help you have white teeth?...

Braces.......?
i am 12 and i have to get braces soon. do they hurt when you get them on? how long does it take? on a scale 1-10 how much do they hurt after?...

Why do you get fillings?
what are fillings for?!?!?!?!?!?!...

BRACES - what does the tooth glue that orthodontists use taste like?
i heard it tastes like sealence (the stuff that your dentist puts on your molars so you can chew - which i HAVE had done) but i am not sure....is it ok to swallow? help!!...

I'm having my wisdom teeth out. Any stories, good or bad?

Bump on my gums?
i get a liitle buimp on my gums, i can push on it and puss comes out. the bump usually forms overnite and during the day it's a little tender..could this be an absess tooth?...

Why am I born with bad breath!?
every time I talk to someone they ask me if I want a peice of gum or a mint or a tic-tac, I take one but as soon as I finish the one mint they ask me if I want two or three more. I brush my teeth ...

When you first get braces, how long does the pain last?
I just got braces, and the pain is just terrible. So I was wondering how long until the pain wears off? I also can't eat anything, so anyone have some good ideas on what I can eat that won'...

Im polish thanks for free health care...?

Tooth sensitive?
One of my molars that has a rather large filling, on and around it has suddenly become severly sensitive. What could be causing this? It is getting quite painful to eat anything hot or cold on that ...

How many fillings do you have?

Abbey
Advice on getting braces?
I'm getting braces this summer and I need some advice and information...like color choosing....How bad it hurts...How they are put on...etc. Anything you can think of!

Sea Bass
Rating
well .. i hade the same problemo .. my teeth are a bit bend and all over the place .. anyways: if you have time .. here is my story:

i went to see the dentist (not the orthodentist) he said it might take 2 years (so ill have to wear those braces for 2 years) which is not a big deal .. so i said thats cool ..

then he said, well u might have to wear a supporter after that for another 2 years .. (it is much smaller and u wear it only at nights) i said ok then !!! no worriess ..

then he said ull have to come every month to change these braces with new ones .. so i said thats fine .. i dont have anything to do anyways .

then he said, in the first week or so u might not be able to eat solid foods .. (due to some 'minor' pains or discomfort) so i said thayts a good chance to loose weight..

now the only problem is, it will cost about £3,000 !!!!! and he has to take for of the back teeth out before he can put the braces on .. so i said

"you and your braces can go F yourselves !!!"

(obviously i didnt say that but i wanted to .. now i live with ugly teeth !!)

goat-girl
I'm getting braces on may 29th (THIS MONTH!)and I need to know also but I'm gunna get purple and green for my first colors because I like those colors together

Melissa
Rating
When you get braces it does not hurt. The only advice about getting braces is that you do not want to get braces when your lips are chap because the orthodontist stretches your month. Trust me have had braces for about 6 months. Also the only time it hurts is when you get them tightened. You get them tighten by the orthodontist. He checks your bracket (which is the little squares on your teeth) and see which one needs to be tighten. He tights them by taking the bracket of and then glues it back on again. and putts on the wire. They are put on with glue. If your bracket fall off or anything, it is natural only it coast money for it to be glued on. You choose your color when you are done getting your braces. Then at the end you watch a movie on how to take care of your braces and what you cannot eat.

Kevin H
Rating
Go to
http://www.optiopublishing.com/order/?referrer=dentaltown

Click on "view movies"
Under ORTHO, you can see animated videos on orthodontic problems, braces, and other orthocontic appliances.

ignition
i have braces on for about 6 months now(sched for 2 yrs), all i can say for now is the first process is ur jaw area is going to be X-rayed then after that your dentist will study it. next they will create a mold of your upper and lower teeth, from the mold they will determine the type of brackets and wires they will use. then will proceed in sticking the brackets on your teeth with a special paste, the colors you see are the rubber support of the brackets to the wire that guides your teeth to align, first week is like you cant chew coz it hurts a lot, take some pain relievers. check up is every month or as your dentist ordered they will change the rubber colors of your choice evry check up.

*Gold*
i've had braces for about 6 months now, but i have 2 wear them for 2 years and i'm 17!! A bit crap...

they will hurt when you first put them on for about a week, but not on the first day. Then every month when they are tightened you will also feel that pain.

The GUM thing is a lie!!! I chew gum every day and it doesnt make any difference...

And the brushing your teeth thing after every meal is not only an inconvience, its bad for your gums.
So what i do is carry a bottle of water with me every where i go and after eating (discreetly) swash out your mouth and swallow the water...

Plus because i dont want people to notice my braces because lets face it, they ARE rather unsightly, i use a silver coloured elastic so they dont stand out.

(Dont use CLEAR elastics because your food will stain them and they will turn orange)

BESIDES ALL THAT...you'll soon get used to them and forget you're wearing them.

Oooh and DONT HIDE your smile; show people that your not ashamed of having metal attached to your teeth!!!

demonicdioxide
They really don't hurt much at all but I guess everyone's pain thresold is different. It's nothing a few painkillers can't cure, and after the first few days you will feel fine and not even notice them.

Having them put on takes a while, at least mine took 40 minutes to put on. Colors, I personally went for the traditional look. I'm thinking of getting colours next time though.

pponey
Rating
hi
there are many colours to choose from like blue,silver,pink,orange etc
the braces are glued to your teeth tight. it will hurt in the first few days but afterwards you will get used to it and then it won't hurt

Sprinkle&Shine
Rating
As I give this answer, I am wearing braces.

The color:
I usually choose 2 colors and put them on every other brace. Every time I go to the orthodontist, I would think of the next upcoming holiday and then use those 2 colors of the holiday as my band colors.

How bad it hurts:
When I first got my braces on, it hurt a lot for the first 2-3 days. It doesn't hurt on the day you get them, which is luck. Before you go to bed on the day that you get your braces on, make sure you take a Tylenol or ibuprofen to ease the pain of when you wake up. It WILL hurt badly in the morning. But for however long your teeth hurt, give yourself a pain-killer every so often.

How they are put on:
I'm not quite sure of how they are put on. They got this warm blue-light thingy-majig and put it on my teeth. I'm guessing it was glue that put the brace onto my tooth. As for the wire, they just stick it into the brace on each tooth.

Remember to...
~Not eat any gum (so live it up now!)
~Can not eat anything sticky or hard
~You must cut things into pieces (apples, pears etc...)
~Brush your teeth after every meal (or else you will have something stuck in your braces)
~You'll be really sore so take an ibuprofen

Contact me at monicajeanneharris@hotmail.com for any further detail.

Aubrey
Rating
I wore braces for 2 and a half years. Beforehand i had to have all four wisdom teeth pulled along with four other teeth in the front since my mouth is small and my teeth were over crowded. As far as pain goes, having my braces on the first week hurt more than having all 8 of those teeth pulled! I hear spacers are even more painful but luckly i didnt have to have them. Here are a few tips:

-Use wax. It helps keep the metal from cutting up the inside of your lips.
-Take advil BEFORE every orthodontist visit and always keep some with you. Believe me, it will help!
-Keep a small toothbrush with you so you can brush after meals when you are not home. May sound a little silly, but much less embarrasing than having food stuck in your teeth!
-Make sure you are honest with your orthadontist and the nurses and make sure you like them. You are doing to have to see a lot of them for at least 2 years! Be able to communicate to them when something is hurting or bothering you.
-When they are putting them on they will usually put the top one first and then you will get the bottom ones like a month or 2 later.
-Remember that these are YOUR teeth and you have to take care of them! Try your best to follow their directions, like wearing your rubber bands and retainers or what not.
-PLEASE dont ask for different color bands to match up hollidays! Thats just so tacky! If you are over the age of 10 its a big no no!!! Stick with clear or white and keep em clean!
-BLING BLING!! Show that bling off and dont be afraid to SMILE! I got my braces on when i was 21 and had to pay for them myself so i know how exactly expensive they are! If i was gonna spend 4 thousand bucks on something i was gonna show it off! It was worth every penny too!

Be thankful that you are able to get braces because they are very expensive and not everyone can afford them. Take care of them and be proud of them and just remember that one day they will come off and you will have the smile of your dreams!

TxBeautyQueen
I just my braces last week. I was lucky. Since I model and compete in beauty pageants, my parents let me get the invisalign braces. It took a long time for them to come in after they took the mold, but well worth it. They are so clear you cannot see them at all. You change them every two weeks and wear them for about 30 weeks. They didnt really hurt that bad except for the first day, they were hard to pop off. You have to take them off when you eat and it was really hard to get them off. I really like them and am glad my parents let me get them. I think they were around 7 thousand.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy