Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How come one of my teeth is dark?
my 2 front teeth, one of them is normal and the other one is dark....like the whole teeth looks shaded....it dont ...

Will a Retainer Straighten My Teeth?
I am the age of 29, and I am trying to get a better smile, but I hate that one of my front teeth overlap the other by a little bit. I was wondering if I could wear a retainer instead of braces to ...

The NHS why is it in so much trouble. (UK)?
I have been reading the Sunday newspaper today (The People) and it gives a disturbing report on the state of the NHS

Operations being cancelled
Wards being closed
Long waiting ...

My tooth aches when hot/cold touches it....?
I have fillings in just about every tooth surrounding the area of pain...I went to the dentist, had xrays....then he tells me he doesn't see anything that would be causing pain....then suggests I...

Who has had a root canal and is it as bad as it sounds?
I hate the dentist - I play hockey, rugby and football so I don't mind getting smacked, punch or kicked but for some reason I get anxiety even thinking about going to the dentist. That drill ...

Is grinding your teeth at night caused by drinking to much pop?
if not what is it caused from?...

Is gum good for you?
Dose it really help you have white teeth?...

Braces.......?
i am 12 and i have to get braces soon. do they hurt when you get them on? how long does it take? on a scale 1-10 how much do they hurt after?...

Why do you get fillings?
what are fillings for?!?!?!?!?!?!...

BRACES - what does the tooth glue that orthodontists use taste like?
i heard it tastes like sealence (the stuff that your dentist puts on your molars so you can chew - which i HAVE had done) but i am not sure....is it ok to swallow? help!!...

I'm having my wisdom teeth out. Any stories, good or bad?

Bump on my gums?
i get a liitle buimp on my gums, i can push on it and puss comes out. the bump usually forms overnite and during the day it's a little tender..could this be an absess tooth?...

Why am I born with bad breath!?
every time I talk to someone they ask me if I want a peice of gum or a mint or a tic-tac, I take one but as soon as I finish the one mint they ask me if I want two or three more. I brush my teeth ...

When you first get braces, how long does the pain last?
I just got braces, and the pain is just terrible. So I was wondering how long until the pain wears off? I also can't eat anything, so anyone have some good ideas on what I can eat that won'...

Im polish thanks for free health care...?

Tooth sensitive?
One of my molars that has a rather large filling, on and around it has suddenly become severly sensitive. What could be causing this? It is getting quite painful to eat anything hot or cold on that ...

How many fillings do you have?

I have some weird pain!!!!?
I have weird pains that last only a few seconds. Its kinda hard to explain. I get a shooting pain up to my head and it happens really quick.sometimes it happens once a day sometimes 30.I have been ...

What are the consequences of very bad teeth?

Help need teeth desperately!!!!!!!!!?
i am 49 and in 1996 i had a serious car accident. it took 181 stiches to put my face back, but i lost all my teeth, i have an upper plate, but they said there is no way that i can afford the $6000.00 ...

angelxo
Really worried about my Mom???
My Mom has to go in to the dentist tomorrow for what she thinks is an abcess on her tooth. I am really worried about her. She is in much pain and I'm at my dad's house right now and don't really know whats going on besides her extreme pain. The reason she put it off for so long was because my mom and her boyfriend don't make a lot of money and it's hard to pay for medical things such as that. Over the past couple of months she's had pain in her mouth on occasions, and just tonight, she called my dad and asked him if he could help her out and he immediately agreed. He initially wanted to take her tonight ( a while ago around 7 o' clock) to an emergeny place but she declined and is going tomorrow. Im just sitting here very anxious and worried about tomorrow and really hope her pain will permanently be gone. Does anyone else have experiences like this and should I be really worried?
Additional Details
One other reason I am worried is because she thinks it's an abcess, but it might be something worse who knows.

GARY C
Rating
Sounds like both your Mom and Dad are smart people...They care for each other and you....
She will be OK...Tomorrow the dentist will give her some antibiotics and most likely wont do anything else until the antibiotics do their job....He will set up a time later to fix the tooth...

You worry because you love her and that is normal...

She will be OK...

pumpkin
When she is done with the dentist she will feel much better.
They might just give her antibiotics for a couple of days and then do a procedure on her tooth. Usually a root canal.
Your mom is in her own world with pain right now but I'm sure
she will appreciate your caring and loving support.
She also can let the dentist know she doesn't have much money and sometimes they will charge less.
Don't worry - she'll be ok.

moonlightnroses2005
I'm so glad that your family is able to work together in an emergency, that's an excellent way to be. I hope that you let them know that it's wonderful for you too. Yes, she'll be fine, the dentist will be able to take care of it for her. Tell her not to wait so long the next time, most dentists will make payment arrangements.

Ellie l
my bf two weeks ago had the same problem absess teeth are the worst pain i have ever known and i have had 5 children worry is not needed it is a common ailment unfortunatly for your mom but if they pull the tooth her pain will be almost vanquished if not gone good luck naproxin W/ sodium is the best pain killer i found for any type of tooth ache walmart sells it for a couple bucks a bottle

Dee
If you can contact your mum tell her to take a big mouthful of really cold water from the fridge and tilt her head so that the tooth is submerged. This will cool down the hot pulp and give relief,but she has to keep doing it till she gets to the dentist.
Tell her to take a bottle of cold water with her to use on the car trip.

someone
You are sweet for caring. She is a big girl and will be fine.

heavenlli_61
Rating
after she gets to the dentist he/she will give her pain pills and antibiotic and in ten day on the medicine she will be just fine and the tooth or teeth can be pulled out and she will be just fine

maggie rose
Your concern for your mum is so refreshing and lovely, but please don't worry.
While a tooth abcess is very painful, and requires a reasonable amount of dental work, its not a disaster, and she'll be OK in no time.
I have had two of these, the first one I just thought it might go away, but got too bad so I had it fixed. The second one, I knew what was coming so got it fixed up straight away........

Probably the most painful part is the dental bill!!!

Kayty
She'll feel much better after she sees the dentist tomorrow. If it is an abcess or an exposed nerve he can take care of it.

Usually as soon as you get dental problems taken care of, the pain is gone within a few hours.

Your dad sounds like a good guy.

By the way, you're a good writer and speller.

loofa36
She'll be OK and I'm glad your dad is helping...a lot of guys would not help an ex-wife...even though they should

Kronsteen of Spectre
Have faith. Dental care today is excellent in this country(U.S.A.) Hope all goes well. I'll keep a good thought.

jezbnme
they will give her antibiotics and she will be fine. i have had it before. the only time for concern is if it doesn't get treated the infection can becaome very serious. so as long as she keeps her appointment she will be fine and will be feeling better a few hours later.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy