Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Will a Retainer Straighten My Teeth?
I am the age of 29, and I am trying to get a better smile, but I hate that one of my front teeth overlap the other by a little bit. I was wondering if I could wear a retainer instead of braces to ...

The NHS why is it in so much trouble. (UK)?
I have been reading the Sunday newspaper today (The People) and it gives a disturbing report on the state of the NHS

Operations being cancelled
Wards being closed
Long waiting ...

My tooth aches when hot/cold touches it....?
I have fillings in just about every tooth surrounding the area of pain...I went to the dentist, had xrays....then he tells me he doesn't see anything that would be causing pain....then suggests I...

Who has had a root canal and is it as bad as it sounds?
I hate the dentist - I play hockey, rugby and football so I don't mind getting smacked, punch or kicked but for some reason I get anxiety even thinking about going to the dentist. That drill ...

Is grinding your teeth at night caused by drinking to much pop?
if not what is it caused from?...

Is gum good for you?
Dose it really help you have white teeth?...

Braces.......?
i am 12 and i have to get braces soon. do they hurt when you get them on? how long does it take? on a scale 1-10 how much do they hurt after?...

Why do you get fillings?
what are fillings for?!?!?!?!?!?!...

BRACES - what does the tooth glue that orthodontists use taste like?
i heard it tastes like sealence (the stuff that your dentist puts on your molars so you can chew - which i HAVE had done) but i am not sure....is it ok to swallow? help!!...

I'm having my wisdom teeth out. Any stories, good or bad?

Bump on my gums?
i get a liitle buimp on my gums, i can push on it and puss comes out. the bump usually forms overnite and during the day it's a little tender..could this be an absess tooth?...

Why am I born with bad breath!?
every time I talk to someone they ask me if I want a peice of gum or a mint or a tic-tac, I take one but as soon as I finish the one mint they ask me if I want two or three more. I brush my teeth ...

When you first get braces, how long does the pain last?
I just got braces, and the pain is just terrible. So I was wondering how long until the pain wears off? I also can't eat anything, so anyone have some good ideas on what I can eat that won'...

Im polish thanks for free health care...?

Tooth sensitive?
One of my molars that has a rather large filling, on and around it has suddenly become severly sensitive. What could be causing this? It is getting quite painful to eat anything hot or cold on that ...

How many fillings do you have?

I have some weird pain!!!!?
I have weird pains that last only a few seconds. Its kinda hard to explain. I get a shooting pain up to my head and it happens really quick.sometimes it happens once a day sometimes 30.I have been ...

What are the consequences of very bad teeth?

Help need teeth desperately!!!!!!!!!?
i am 49 and in 1996 i had a serious car accident. it took 181 stiches to put my face back, but i lost all my teeth, i have an upper plate, but they said there is no way that i can afford the $6000.00 ...

The dentist un-registered my kids?
I've missed a few dentist apointments in the past with my kids, there's just so much going on I forgot about them, and I just realised today that they were supposed to go last week and I ...

sprocket65@verizon.n...
How do I get rid of cold sores and blisters because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work?

sab
Rating
L-Lysine will end your battle with cold sores

sexyshortie91
Abreeva

K
Rating
Go to the doc and get some "Valtrex". It's wicked stuff. I've taken it for years after having crazy big cold sores that didn't respond to anything else. You'll never get a cold sore again. I swear.

If you're not crazy about pills, "Zovirax" cream works well too, and, again, you can get that in prescription form through your doc.

ºWellness Coachº
Rating
This WILL work..I has also tried everything----Lysine,
essential oils, every salve known to man.
I tried it all and now I'll never have to deal with another horrible, awful, nasty cold-sore for the rest of my life!!

I got them every winter my whole life until 3 years ago (I'm 36 now) and they were the BANE of my existence...the whole process took weeks to heal and would leave a scar for at least 2 months sometimes!

I was reading a message board on www.curezone.org and discovered the PERFECT remedy for both healing them and preventing them completely:
OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT

So, I buy the liquid tincture by "HerbPharm" and it has not failed me ONCE...Whenever I'm feeling drained, tired, stressed, or get that tingly feeling on my lip, I just load up on this stuff.

This is the one I buy:

http://www.nextag.com/Herb-Pharm-Olive-Leaf-66659849/prices-html

You can also get Olive Leaf at Whole Foods Market, and other natural food stores.

Very cheap.

The first time I tried it, I was actually halfway into a major eruption and I drank a bunch of the extract in some water.
AS I WAS DRINKING the stuff down, I could feel the swelling on my lip shrinking...I was in such shock--I ran to the mirror--it was shrinking before my eyes and within ten minutes my lip had returned to NORMAL...I began kissing the bottle of Olive Leaf...yeah, I really did!!

I had tried everything in the past...I can't begin to tell you what I went through...and it's now been 3 YEARS since I've had one!

I've been in the Alternative Medicine field for some time now, and offer individualized consultations:

http://www.kasamba.com/Wellness-Coach

angel
If you tried everything over the counter and nothing seems to help. Try going organic. Herbs that are at it's purest form. Remember, you get what you pay for. Locate a health food store nearest you, or you can even order something on line. Just make sure you shop around and compare ingredients, and also make sure it doesn't counter react with any medication you might be taking, if any. Lysine caps are very helpful for cold sores(better known as herpes), whether or not some people refuse to believe it. I've read, on the onset of that itching feeling, that comes before an outbreak, to start taking the Lysine caps.
And make sure to use that good ol' common sense....don't eat or drink anything with high citrus acid ingredients. It only aggravates the problem. Yogurt is another good source if you haven't tried it yet.

usa_armywife
Rating
For some reason my 7 year old son gets fever blisters at least once every 3 months. I have tried so many things (including paying almost $16 for a TINY bottle of Abreva). I read online on a website that Lysol kills the Hep virus in the blister and dries the blister quickly. So after having tried a lot of other things, I tried the Lysol. I sprayed regular Lysol on a cotton swab and dabbed it slowly and gentrly on the blister. He said it didn't even sting. I did that 3 times a day and within 2 days it was nothing more than a small scab, which I hurried healing along with simple triple antibiotic ointment.

archelle32
L-Lysine you can buy over the counter like a vitamin. Also, try valtrex from the doctor. I've also heard that there are certain foods you should avoid like rice a nuts. Keep a mental note of how you feel and what you may have ate differently prior to an outbreak. Believe it or not I can tell when a cold sore wants to be there and then I destress and watch what I eat, and I wont get one.

peace
A friend of mine gets cold sores ( a form of herpes). She takes L-Lysine as soon as she feels like she is going to get one. I think she said she takes two 500's at the start and then one every six or so hours and the cold sore goes away before it get bigger. L-Lysine is an amino acid, you can get it at most stores that sell vitamin pills. There is a chap stick type stick that has Lysine in it also. Please remember that cold sore are contagious. You can find out more about herpes type 1 on the Internet.

biancajh
Rating
Sounds crazy but if you can, pee on your blisters. It works.

mamason
Rating
Not a whole lot of over the counter medicines work for fever blisters. Most of the time you just got to let them run their course. But, there is a drug called "zovarax." I'm not sure of the correct spelling. It comes in a cream and you need a prescription for it. It works great and usually heals the fever blisters in about 2 -3 days. You have to ask your doc for it.

mlgable
If over the counter things don't work then see your doc for antiviral meds to help.

janeannpat
Rating
Have you tried Carmex? That always works for me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy