Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What is better?
what makes more money a nurse or dentist?...

Hot pink and black braces?
im havivg braces on soon carnt wait but will hot pink and black look good for a teen with brown hair and brown eyes !...

How come one of my teeth is dark?
my 2 front teeth, one of them is normal and the other one is dark....like the whole teeth looks shaded....it dont ...

Will a Retainer Straighten My Teeth?
I am the age of 29, and I am trying to get a better smile, but I hate that one of my front teeth overlap the other by a little bit. I was wondering if I could wear a retainer instead of braces to ...

The NHS why is it in so much trouble. (UK)?
I have been reading the Sunday newspaper today (The People) and it gives a disturbing report on the state of the NHS

Operations being cancelled
Wards being closed
Long waiting ...

My tooth aches when hot/cold touches it....?
I have fillings in just about every tooth surrounding the area of pain...I went to the dentist, had xrays....then he tells me he doesn't see anything that would be causing pain....then suggests I...

Who has had a root canal and is it as bad as it sounds?
I hate the dentist - I play hockey, rugby and football so I don't mind getting smacked, punch or kicked but for some reason I get anxiety even thinking about going to the dentist. That drill ...

Is grinding your teeth at night caused by drinking to much pop?
if not what is it caused from?...

Is gum good for you?
Dose it really help you have white teeth?...

Braces.......?
i am 12 and i have to get braces soon. do they hurt when you get them on? how long does it take? on a scale 1-10 how much do they hurt after?...

Why do you get fillings?
what are fillings for?!?!?!?!?!?!...

BRACES - what does the tooth glue that orthodontists use taste like?
i heard it tastes like sealence (the stuff that your dentist puts on your molars so you can chew - which i HAVE had done) but i am not sure....is it ok to swallow? help!!...

I'm having my wisdom teeth out. Any stories, good or bad?

Bump on my gums?
i get a liitle buimp on my gums, i can push on it and puss comes out. the bump usually forms overnite and during the day it's a little tender..could this be an absess tooth?...

Why am I born with bad breath!?
every time I talk to someone they ask me if I want a peice of gum or a mint or a tic-tac, I take one but as soon as I finish the one mint they ask me if I want two or three more. I brush my teeth ...

When you first get braces, how long does the pain last?
I just got braces, and the pain is just terrible. So I was wondering how long until the pain wears off? I also can't eat anything, so anyone have some good ideas on what I can eat that won'...

Im polish thanks for free health care...?

Tooth sensitive?
One of my molars that has a rather large filling, on and around it has suddenly become severly sensitive. What could be causing this? It is getting quite painful to eat anything hot or cold on that ...

How many fillings do you have?

I have some weird pain!!!!?
I have weird pains that last only a few seconds. Its kinda hard to explain. I get a shooting pain up to my head and it happens really quick.sometimes it happens once a day sometimes 30.I have been ...

Taylor H
Do braces???...?
ok well this friday i am getting braces... do they hurt?? and do they scratch your mouth?? how do i prevent that form happening?? Also what kind of colors do they have??

Janelle Alexandria
thats all ive heard about them, sorry....

megagirl80
Rating
They do hurt for a few days when you first get them on and then when they are tightened, but they do not hurt all of the time!! There are many colors :)

John S
yes they hurt, your teeth will be sensitive for a couple days. Yes they scratch your mouth, you can use dental wax to prevent that. I only know of red and green colors.

kelly
everybody is different when it comes to braces.
most people have the same feelings but others can be really sensitive or have no pain at all.
personally when got braces the first day was fine, so plan on trying to eat your harder foods that day.
then throughout the week i felt like i got hit in the face with a baseball bat and dropped at least ten pounds from not eating.
LMAO- that sounds really bad. but now having htem i dont even notive.
and yeahh, esp the first couple week they chewup the sides of your cheeks but just ask your ortho if they can give you wax if they havent already.
try not using the wax though because your cheeks get used to the metal after a while if you dont use the wax.
and they have almost every colour

luckyme
they really dont hurt that bad advil works well the ortho will give you wax to help as for colors look on net type in braces color picker you can see what they would look like hope this helps ang good luck with your braces

babygrlnpnk999
Rating
I recently got braces they hurt for about a week. Then everytime after that when i get them tightened usually they hurt for a bout 3-4 days then i'm fine. I get a lot of alcars but thats just me, some people dont get any. So just use wax and you could always get this mouth rinse called "Rincicol" or get the numbing mouth gel... ITS AMAZING!!!

Black Cat
Rating
They do hurt when they are first put on. There is a lot of pressure in your mouth so have some headache tablets ready. They can cut the insides of your mouth which is why the orthodontist will give you wax to put on them.

Cosmo
When you first get them on they won't start hurting until like an hour. They will hurt a good week to 2 weeks. Eat soft foods like: ice cream, pudding, jello, soup, mashed potatoes, etc. They can scratch your mouth if they do not cut the wire properly. Just make sure they cut it good and you can always use wax. They have any color you want basically.

ツ rachael
I just got braces a few months ago! People always told me that it hurt so much and I was really scared. :| lol but really, it hardly hurts. While you're getting them on, it doesn't hurt at all! But after about an hour the pain starts to kick in. Mine hurt for about a week and a half, but it depends on the person. At first, they stratch your mouth, just because your mouth isn't used to them yet, but after a while, the pain goes away. My densist gave me wax to put on the braces if they were scratching me and it works! lol
They basically have about every color you can think of! lol
Good luck!! =]

-Matt-
Rating
Use wax. Eat soft foods. Take Advil. It hurts but you get used to it after a week or two.

jessica
well at first, for me, it didnt hurt, it just felt really strange. but then it started hurting like a couple hours later. the pain will only last for about 2 or 3 days. they can sometimes scratch your mouth, mainly if you have a wire thats too long or if it is broken or something. but you can prevent that by puting on wax that your ortho gives you. they have like every color, you dont have to worry about that.
good luck getting braces!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy