Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What are the side effects of digoxin?

How much damage does 1 cigarette a day do?
i smoke 1-2 a day...am i really doing much damage?...

Asbestos, does anyone know the real harm, and does anybody know who to go to if the find it????
do you know what it looks like????????? and what type it is????...

Can 7% Hydrogen peroxide be used as a mold killer.?
I am starting a mold removal project in an old home and was told that 7% Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best products to use. Does anyone know if this is true....

What can I do to get my husband to stop snoring?

Can u give me some good home remedies for cough and an irritated throat?

Another name for productive stress?

What are the effects of smoking after, 4 years?
Does anyone know the effects after 4 years of smoking if you know please respond below. 1 pack a ...

TB help please!!?
i just got got tested and the little red dot is 8cm
and just a tad bit raised they said i might be + so they did
a 2ed test it's been about 8 hoursand their's just a little mark<...

How to cure asthma??

How long does sinus pain last following sinitus?
I recently suffered with sinitus which lasted about 5 days. After that although most of the symptoms cleared I still find the pain /pressure in my sinus's wont completey subside. Has anyone else ...

What should I do to stop my coughing I need a cure for it.?
Medicine, cures,...

Pranayama with nasal problem?
Can I practise pranayama even if I have a nasal problem due to which I cannot breathe though both nostrils equally? My right nostril is often blocked a bit. Will doing pranayama be okey for me since ...

Hello, i am currently weening myself off of acohol, i am finding very hard to sleep at night (approx 3 hours)?
i have got some temaepam tablets but i am quite worried to take because some docs say yes and others say no, please can somebody give me some advice because im finding it very difficult to sleep, i ...

I have a frog in my throat. How do I get it out?

Additional Details
And um....how exactly is she going to kiss it if it's in my throat Luu?...

I had a cold and now I can't hear out of my ear?
I had a cold this weekend, and today I had a horrible cough and runny nose. Then this afternoon my ears started feeling plugged up. Now one of them is so plugged I can barely hear out of it. It feels ...

Im 13 and i want to quit smoking?
i first started smoking when i was 12 and now i cant quit i have 3 cigarettes a night

i get them from my moms pack because shes hardly ever here

anyone know any ways?????...

Slight breathing problems?
Well, toward the end of May, I started getting a bad cough/mucus, and the feeling that my throat had closed up slightly and was pretty dry, so i had slight breathing problems. It wasn't ...

PLEASE has anyone else had this kind of shortness of breath?
Just recently a problem. The best I can describe is it's worst when I'm sitting and now a bit bad when I'm laying down. Feels like there is some pressure from my belly area that's ...

I have flem stuck in my throat i have tried honey and lemon also expectorant what can i do help its been 1 wk?
i have flem stuck in my throat i have tried honey and lemon also expectorant what can i do help its been 1 wk

its hard for me to go to sleep sometimes and hard to swallow ...

steve r
Does my child have some type of asthma?
My child is 11yrs. old and has several episodes of irregular breathing during the day. It's not sever, but it causes discomfort for him. What could possibly be his problem?

Dustin
You need to listen for wheezing. Two of the most likely situations here: Either he has asthma (in which case you will here a definitive WHEEZE in his breathing), or his heart rate is too fast. Is he a skinny kid?

When he/she has an episode, make everything very quiet, and make him/her breath in and out, deeply. Full Breaths. Listen for any type of wheeze. Ask if his/her chest feels tight. Ask if it feels like there is something RIGHT BELOW the throat that it keeping air from getting in there. If so, and if you here wheezing, then you can do one of two things:

Go to Wal-Mart and buy Primatene Mist. I don't particularly suggest this asthma can because it contains Epinephrine, which is good enough but it also contains a few other chemicals I don't think should be breathed in. If the asthma is RARE, go for this, it's cheap and it works for mild and rare attacks.

OR, go to the doctor and get a prescription asthma can. The kid will hate this stuff becuase it tastes awful but it works. It's more expensive, but again if it's mild and the attacks are rare, then it's worth it.

DO NOT let a kid self medicate on an asthma can if the case is mild, the can should be used responsibly because believe me that stuff will cause damage if overused.

#2, he/she has a fast heart rate. If he can't breath, and its NOT asthma, that's probably the case. Take his/her heart rate (you better know how to do that if you're a parent, if not, Feel the pulse for 15 seconds - look at a watch - count the heart beats, multiply heart beat by 4 and thats your BPM) If the BPM is 90 or above, you probably have a skinny kid, and a fast heart. See a doctor to get the kid some help with either #1 weight, or #2 if he/she is normal weight with a fast heart, some medication to help for what is currently an existing heart problem.

If an attack happens tonight. he/she can get to sleep by doing basic breathing excercises (to calm down the heart, breath deep), and by sitting UPWARD in a hospital bed position to promote correct heart-blood-flow. Knees up toward the chest help this sort of breathing practice.

---
EDIT: I also warn you that if you ever wanted your kid to join the military, you do not want Asthma on his/her record. When I joined the Air Force I went through hell having to convince them that the doctor who diagnosed me with asthma was an idiot, and I had never had it before. If things can be kept off of a kid's medical record, all the better, in my opinion.... But some things you do need to see a doctor for, definitely

jazzzyt
Rating
I agree with dcrc. GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP! Don't play around with your child's health. My 11 year old was diagnosed at 4 years old, after many trips to the pediatrician with night coughing and irregular breathing. One day he stopped breathing (no denying it then)! You dont want to go through that.

867-5309
Rating
I would say this is one of those things doctors should check out, not random unqualified people on yahoo answers

rumbler_12
Those are similar to symptoms I had as a child with asthma and still occasional have at 49 with asthma.

My doctor gave me singulair in addition to my rescue inhaler and since starting the singulair I seldom have problems.

I am not saying it is asthma because it could be many things of a respiratory nature, and only a doctor can tell.

He needs to see a doctor on this, who can determine the best course of action for whatever it is.

Do not try primatene pills or mist without knowing it is asthma, though. The effects of those things on the heart can be a real problem especially for a child.

Take him to the doctor as soon as you can make an appointment.

I have provided you with some links that might be of interest to you.

littlemall4u
The most wrong thing would be not taking him to a doctor asap.It could be lots of things and hopfully nothing at all.I would have them checked out asap.Good luck

Terrible G
Rating
Could be asthma. Does not sound like it. Might be allergies, anxiety, stress, or really just about anything.

Start with your ped. They should be able to help. If the problem still exists move on to a pulm.

Pulmonary function tests can rule out asthma fast. Breathing into a computer and that is it. Takes five minutes and you will have an answer.

Or you can get a peak flow meter and have your child peak his breathing each day at home.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy