Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I have flem stuck in my throat i have tried honey and lemon also expectorant what can i do help its been 1 wk?
i have flem stuck in my throat i have tried honey and lemon also expectorant what can i do help its been 1 wk

its hard for me to go to sleep sometimes and hard to swallow ...

I stopped breathing in my sleep?
A really weird thing happened to me about three times. When I first fall asleep I fee my self stop breathing. Then something tells me to start breathing again. I feel like I am going to die in my ...

What is the cause of pneumonia?
how do you get ...

List four different chronic diseases.?

What is a doctor who specializes in treating cystic fibrosis???

I have chronic sinus! need a home remedy to avoid it.?
i am allergic to dust... been taking medicines since long. nothing really help. Help me ...

I feel a little sore throat coming on!
My throat is starting to feel a little sore and I was wondering if any of you knew of any quick way to relive this with stuff found from around the house or common household medications I might be ...

Does tobacco really make someone blind as l have cause to read in a government warning about smoking?
Quite often, l read ads about why one should stop smoking, and quite frankly too, my eyes find it difficult to sometimes read a simply line on a paper, unless l back it up further from my eyes, is ...

A sore throat that starts in the early evening into the night. have had for 2-3 months.?

What are the side effects of smoking weed?

I am having a panic attack what do i do?

How can one improve your lung capacity when its at 17%?
My best friend's mom is really sick... according to the doctor she has 17% of her lung capacity left. Is there ANY way of improving this? She walks around with some oxygen...but I really wish ...

Has Anyone been diagnosed with sleep apnea?

What do you think about 'passive' smoking ?
I grew up in a small house with two smokers on 40 a day each. Everyone at school thought it was me that smoked because I smelled of it which was annoying. The house was totally impregnated with ...

Sinus Infection. Please Read!?
Ok. I went to visit my mom for the weekend then I started to feel weird. My head would always feel light and I would feel tingly and ichy all over my head. My ears keep clogging up and every noise ...

If left untreated does bronchitis turn into pnumonia?

I have bronchitis?
I am 29 years old, i smoke socially (20 x per week) which I will never do again. My sister emailed me to say that people come down with bronchitis usually have other health problems. She is ...

My friend has started smoking cigars?
my friend has started smoking cigars, where could he be getting them from he is way underage.. like 16.. and looks ...

I have cough and no ins. what's the best method to get rid of this cough?
I can't sleep at night, I take Robitussium, Nyquill and they don't even work. It's been 1 month now....

When I shout or laugh too hard, I always get some breathing problems afterwards. HELP!?
I always get the feeling that there is phlegm in my throat, at the windpipe area. Breathing becomes pretty difficult, cause I get the feeling that I can't fill up my lungs.

This ...

theblackcat
TB help please!!?
i just got got tested and the little red dot is 8cm
and just a tad bit raised they said i might be + so they did
a 2ed test it's been about 8 hoursand their's just a little mark
from the needel so am i + or - help

saraann24
Rating
if you test positive for TB it does not always mean you have it, it just means you have came in contact with someone who has had it, have the 2nd checked, and they will let you know, and tell you what you need to do if it is, ask them questions about it, they won't bite

Dr. D
Rating
You were never vaccinated?

Wendy C
Rating
You may not be positive. Many people have positive TB skin tests, but then when they do the chest x-ray they do not have TB. If they are unsure about the 2nd test, the third step will be a chest x-ray for final diagnosis if you have TB or not. I know several people who work in a hospital setting that test positive for TB by the skin test, but their chest x-rays are fine. So try not to worry just yet. Some people just have bad reactions to the serum in the TB skin test.

There are 2 types of TB:

1. Latent TB means that you have the TB-causing bacteria in your body, but you cannot spread the disease to others.

2. Active TB means the infection is spreading in your body and, if your lungs are infected, you can spread the disease to others.

Symptoms of active TB may include:

1. Ongoing cough that brings up thick, cloudy, and sometimes bloody mucus (sputum) from the lungs.
2. Fatigue and weight loss.
3. Night sweats and fever.
4. Rapid heartbeat.
5. Swelling in the neck (when lymph nodes in the neck are infected).
6. Shortness of breath and chest pain (in rare cases).

If you have latent TB you will not have symptoms unless the disease becomes active. Most people don't know that they have latent TB. Although your body may harbor the TB bacteria, your immune system often can prevent you from becoming sick.

Best wishes, hopes this helps.

Click these links for more information regarding TB if you wish:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tuberculosis/DS00372/DSECTION=2
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tuberculosis/DS00372
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Tuberculosis-TB-Topic-Overview

mommy44us
There are lots of positions in which you have to be tested for TB. If you are only seeing the needle mark you should be ok.. most likely negative. But you need to have someone read it that is actually there and can see it. Some people just have a bad reaction to the serum used to test for TB. Don't worry too much about it. IF all else fails they can prove that you don't have it by a chest x-ray.

timeturner
Ask the doctor or the nurse. Shouldn't they know this stuff? It's their job after all.

slice_the_moon
u should proly wait for the docters results..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy