Can 7% Hydrogen peroxide be used as a mold killer.?

I am starting a mold removal project in an old home and was told that 7% Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best products to use. Does anyone know if this is true....

I am starting a mold removal project in an old home and was told that 7% Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best products to use. Does anyone know if this is true.

Misty
Rating
I read an article on the Internet that says that hydrogen peroxide can be used for mold but there hasn't been enough research to recommend it's use. The article is #19 at http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hydrogen-peroxide.htm

just curious
Rating
don't know for sure but i do know that bleach works quite well.

Peggy M
I cannot say about the peroxide, however Melaleuca has a product which removes mold and mildew and contains no bleach.

Boof
Rating
I've used straight bleach in a spray bottle. Works great! Just watch the ventilation in the area you're working in.

Cindybear
You know the only real thing to use is bleach. That is the only thing that will stop this mold from growing.

kiaSister3luvsjeffgordon
Rating
I actually discovered mold in the window sills of my kids' bedroom and called a mold expert. They told me that the ONLY thing that will kill mold is straight bleach. But be careful because it can ruin carpeting and anything else it touches. Bleach, that is. I would also tear a little piece of sheetrock off the wall near the base and see if you have mold inside the walls. The expert told me that the majortiy of the time if you can see mold, there is always more you cannot see.