Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Who cuts rings off your finger when they become too tight?

I tore my ankle ligiments 6 months ago and im still in pain what should i do?

Is my ankle broken?
it is swoolen and is very painful to the touch!!! help ...

Colar Bone Break??
how long does it take for a Colar Bone to heal after being broken?...

After sustaining a herniated disc in the lower back, how long does it take for pain to radiate down the leg?
I have 2 herniated discs in my back (L5/S1, L4). I've been injured w/o specific treatment for the discs for a year. It took 3 1/2 months for pain to go from my back to my leg (w/glute and hip ...

How do you know?
How do you know when a puncture wound is getting infected? Be specific......

Is there a difference between a "fractured bone" and a "broken bone"? Or can they be used synonymously?
Please list reference... Thanks a bunch....

Has anyone ever been to a&e; and then felt better?
i did it earlier after smashing into a tree on a swing!..i was sure i'd smashed my pelvis and had done internal damage but apparently i've just bruised it!!i feel like i wasted everyones ...

How can i break my ankel??
ok i kinnda told everyone i broke my ankel so i need to brakeit quick!! plz help

p.s i cant find any hammers
Additional Details
ik what ur saying but i need to brake it just ...

How do i know if my finger is broken?
playing tackle football i hurt my pinky finger at some point.. it's very uncomfortable and is turning a little black near the nail... doesn't hurt if i don't move it only when i try to ...

Please help i need to know this very soooooooon?
I need to know if your stomach is as big as your fist??...

Am i ok - i was running for the bus........?
my ankle twisted and i fell now it hurts to walk and i cant bend my foot backward. not that i cant move my foot where it's connected to my ankle but i can't curl my foot backward. i'm ...

Health`apart from`the big C`Whats`the biggest & Longest`PAIN`uv ever`Suffered?

Got Hit In The Eye Need Some Help?
I was bouncing a tennis ball (not hard) and it just hit me square in the eye. It hurt for a while and it was hard to open it.

Its right in the eye not alittle below or above and if it hit ...

Wrist Pain?
For several days now I've had pain in my wrist--it's sort of a sharp ache that comes and goes, without any particular movement involved. I don't remember twisting or falling on it ...

How many people are killed each year by falling coconuts?

Additional Details
According to George Burgess, director of the International Shark Attack File housed at the University of Florida, coconuts kill about 150 people a year—that’s 15 ...

Do u crack your knuckles??
i pop mine and can't stop....i can like go a day sometimes not but i find my self cracking them again.....why do people do this?? why do they crack their knuckles or any other bone in the body??...

If you hit your head really hard can it leave a permanent lump? or is it just a tumour growing on my head?
About 3 years ago i was riding my bike turned around and accidently rode into a steel pole and severely hurt my head I was concussed from it anyway.. 3 years later now ive still got this lump on my ...

How do you know if you've sprained a muscle or torn a ligament?

Wokerman comp.-=-- If a 2 yr. old injury to the knee gets reinjuried while working, does compenstion apply?
past knee injury was awoken by present job. been out of work 3 weeks. am I still able to get workers comp ...

I love screwdrivers!
I sprained my ankle and fracture my fibula bone but just a hairline fracture.?
I was wondering I have been told by my job and other people that the docter should have either put a boot or a cast on me because of the fracture because I could injure it more. My docter sent me home with just an ace wrap and prescritions for vicoden and ibuprophen 800 mg with no follow up appointment told me that was not nessecery. She also released me to go back to work with no restrictions. My job was very upset and said I should have at least had a boot and another x-ray with follow up to make sure I was healing right. They would not let me go back to work. My foot and ankle area is still swollen and badly bruised. Should I change doctors? couldn't this doctor get suide for something like that? Should I have been wearing a boot or a cast this whole time? Thanks for your answers! This happened a week ago. My doctor only gave me a five day work release.

Dancin Fairy Named Tink
Rating
You DEFINATLY need a second opinion. I broke my ankle and the first thing it did was swell up. I had to wear a cast for 4 weeks then they put me into a boot. If you do not get proper treatment then it will not set (heal) properly and it could limit your activities such as running and maybe even walking. You indeed should have had some sort of brace and support on. Your doctor, I believe has failed in his duty to diagnose and treat properly. You should get a new personal/ family physician. Your health and well being is too important to be handled as lightly as it was.

ronb48146
Rating
your doing ok you don't need a cast, it's just a hairline crack, if you did have a cast on your work place wouldn't let you work anyway.

foodguru
Rating
Treatment for sprained ankle
STEP 1: Rest the injured ankle - in fact, stay off the leg as much as possible. STEP 2: Ice the injury immediately, applying an ice pack for 20 minutes every hour until the swelling subsides. STEP 3: Compress the injured area with an elastic bandage to reduce swelling and immobilize the ankle. Wrap from the foot toward the knee, and be careful not to wrap so tightly that you cut off circulation. STEP 4: Elevate the leg above your heart. STEP 5: Use moist heat once swelling in the area has subsided. STEP 6: Begin using the ankle again gradually as pain decreases. As far as the fibula goes generally, for simple (isolated, nondisplaced) fracture of the middle or upper part (midshaft or proximal) of the fibula, a cast is not normally required, and a few days without putting weight on that leg, then gradually increasing to normal weightbearing is the norm. The patient should be fine in a few months. Fractures of the fibula do not always require any procedures, immobilization, or cast. Hairline fractures can sometimes be missed on initial x-rays

Mystee_Rain
YOU really need to see a different doctor, I've never heard of such a thing

*CiTsJuStMe*
Rating
I strongly believe you should get a second opinion, my mom had a hairline fracture in that area last summer (they called it a dancers fracture) she ended up in a boot and told to stay off of it for a bit then they made a follow up appointment with her doctor. being that your foot/ankle is still swollen I would got to the ER and get it re-checked by the doctors there............

Rockvillerich
I was in a cast for the same thing. It would be fine so long as you didn't injure it further. The cast is just to be safe, so yes it's kind of overkill, but nobody wants to get sued, so tons of "unnecessary" stuff like that is done to be on the safe side.

dances with unicorns
Rating
I would wonder about a doctor that saw a fracture and didn't put some kind of splint or cast on the limb to prevent further damage. I say check with another doctor.

Finnis
I wouldn't presume to question a doctors opinion on this forum but I would definitely go to another doctor or an ER, if only because it is still swollen and hurting. Without delay.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy