Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

So yesterday I fell down a flight of stairs..?
Now today I have a large large bruise going from the middle of my thigh to my ***. Its swollen and it hurts to walk on, and I think I feel a lump. Is this serious?...

Have you ever sprained or broken something and how?
I'm 14 and I have a sprained wrist right now that hurts.
I have also sprained my other wrist several times
had a mild concussion
broken my arm and toe
jammed my finger

My thumb hurts...?
Playing volleyball today it liike got numb and hurt extrememly bad. its not as bad anymore but its hard to bend it and it hurts when u touch it. wat can i do besides ice. i hafta play again tomorrow.<...

WEIRD INJURY! please help me out! =(?
So I play Rugby, therefore I get alot of bumps bruises etc. However today was out of the ordinary. I remember feeling a good amount of pain/pressure on the inside of my shin sometime during the ...

Can you help me with my injury?
Ok, i`ll sum it up. I was bending down and this girl kicked me twice up my bum on both cheeks really hard as a joke. My bum is in real pain i have a huge bruise on both cheeks. What can i do to help ...

I hurt my finger playing basketball and dont know what ive done to it?
the basketball hit the end of my finger and now the middle joint is swollen and has been since yesterday and i can move it but cant straighten it out properly as it hurts when i try ive strapped it ...

Why do people see stars when they have a head injury. On average how many stars do people see.?
I only saw one star during a head injury....

I knocked my head yesterday quite hard getting into a taxi. did not collapse. could something be wrong?
it was about 13.50pm on 20th. as mentioned b4 i didn`t collapse or anything. i spoke to nhs direct last night and they said it was quite minor. still feel giddy occasionally and head feels bit wobbly ...

OK so I know this is kind of gross, but the fingernail that I locked in the truck door about 10 days ago is?
just kind of hanging there. The bottom part next to the cuticle is loose and part of the top is also. Only one small area is still hanging on. So what I want to know is should I just keep the ...

What exercises can I do while avoiding putting pressure on an injured ankle?
My right ankle is puffy and swollen. I want to keep exercising but the ankle is proving to be a problem. Any suggestions?

Are there any cardio exercises that I can still do?...

How to stop a cut fast!?
i was just opening some beans and the lid cut me it wont stop bleedin i wet a papper towel and put it on it it holding but I need to stop it from bleeding help!...

I cut myself with a rusty palette knife today... what do i need to do?
my last tetanus shot was last year. is there anything i need to do to avoid infection or anything? i pretty much just cleaned up the blood and put on a ...

Should I get a second mri done? *10 POINTS BEST ANSWER*?
I am having troubles with my shoulder (im only 13) and i have gotten a mri done (don't worry, ive seen doctors and doctors). im doing pt but it hasnt helped, and i havent gotten the results of ...

Dude. am i okay im geting nervous?
um... i got into a bad car accident about a couple years back i basically was knocked out for a couple minutes i did nothing about it i was in and out the hospital i didnt say anything about my head ...

Help please?
hi i caught bad sunburn on Sunday and its still going strong and causing alot of pain i cant even wear a t-shirt has anyone got any remedy's i can use please!!...

Can you break your butt?
ok i went to a school skating party with my BFF and im not good at skating then my neighbor fell and his skate hit mine and i fell REALLY REALLY hard and it reallyyyyy hurts to sit down! any advice ...

My son is not telling us about an injury.?
My sons plays soccer, they had a game yesterday. He plays midfield. When he was dribbling around a defender and the defender slide tackled my son by accident, and when he slide tackled my son, he hit ...

OMG!!!!! has anyone ever read a question on here,,,,,,,then,,...........
then,,,,its happened to you? i was just relaxing ,,,reading about someone who had a spider stuck in there ear.reading all the replies i was feeling slightly smug and thought to myself"hahaha&...

My legs been broken for 3months and it still turns purple, is that normal??
i had two breaks in my leg and had to get a metal rod and four nails, theres just a piece of bone floating in my leg, and not even alligned with the rest of my bone. my leg now turns purple when not ...

I fell into a cactus how do i help the pain of the stickers?

nvvlewis
I never have any energy and have a back and shoulder injury so i jcant exercise.Any suggestions?
I got hurt at work last year and have gained a few pounds.I have a back and shoulder enjury and cant work out.I have no energy and am really tired of just sitting around doing nothing.Can anyone give me some great advice or suggestions on what i can or should do?
Additional Details
as a matter of fact i do take anti depressants when i got these injurys i had a very good job and they fired me when i got hurt.and as far as my eating i think my problem is that i dont eat hardly anything and that also could be a big problem

keep smiling...
u should try to do some exercize.start it slowly with out strainin ur hurt...since ur getting tired u should eat dates which wil give u stamina to do ur exercize...

neona807
Rating
walking or even something like basic water arobics if you have a Y or other type place in your area that would offer that.

Uncle John
Rating
Take regular walks and drink Vita Water or other energy drinks. One of my cousins said, taht Vita Water really works.

drussman101
Rating
4 years ago I was involved in a car wreck. I broke My ankle. Very, very badly. The bone of my lower leg went through the heel of my foot. I was told that I would never walk properly again and would have to give up my sports career. I spent one week in the hospital with doctors giving me all kinds of advice on what to do. I was at a loss. Finally my brother took me to see a Chinese practitioner. I had various treatments and started on a very light work out program. With a little help and I must admitted a lot of pain I am now able to walk properly again. I run, skip, sprint, basically I do every thing I used to do. This all took me about three months. I believe that any thing is possible if you want it enough. Mind over matter. I realize that not every one is the same but if you are willing any thing is possible. If I had followed the advice the doctors had given me I would be walking with a cane now. I not saying that all of them are wrong but I am the proof. You have to want to change your life style. Start slow and get some one who is willing to help. Remember that the human body is capable of anything. Anything is possible nothing is impossible.

cowgirl
Rating
Swimming is also good and the water would be soothing.
Why the lack of energy? From lack of proper food, or depression?

reddeb
I have shoulder, hip and knee injuries also. I have just started to ride a bike to work about 6 weeks ago. I only ride 20 blocks to and from. It really is great exercise! I have lost weight and I feel really good. I don't ride hard or fast, I just take my time. You really try it, it might work for you too.

Arashikitty
Rating
I think walking is a great start for you since it does not involve your shoulder and back as much as other exercises. Start slow and build your strength. You should gain more energy and flexibility through this. Aften then you could add other routines as you get stronger. I hope you get better.

emt0910
Yoga. Also a stationary bike that has a back support on the chair. They make them out there for folks that have back problems.

Here is a website where I found a little info for you.

http://sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=230

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy