Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How much weight do I need to loose to look really skinny?
Like olsen twin/nicole richie skinny?

Im 5ft 4 and 122 pounds

how much more do i need to loose?
Additional Details

Is my weight and height okay for my age?
I am 5 foot 2, almost 18 years old and weight 8 and a half stones
Additional Details
I am NOT growing any more, i stopped growing at 12...

How can I lose wieght without physical exercises?

Ok, I'm not overweight, but do you think i'm fat?
My BMI is 23.0, but i just want to know if a look fat.

http://a772.ac-images.my
http://a939.ac-images.my...

How unhealthy is chinese food?
Wondering....

Whats the best way to help tone up tummy muscles to get a firmer tum?

Whats the best way to lose 2 in./ 10 lbs in 5 weeks?
-about 123 lbs
-5'2"
-14 yrs ...

How do I force myself to go to the gym more?
I need to work out more and I joined an expensive gym and am always making lazy excuses not to go....

My biceps are sore should i still workout today?

What do you call it when a fat woman has a belly that hangs low between her legs?
You know....... the part that they tuck in to their knickers. What's that part called?...

I'm fat, short and ugly. help me?
well firstly im 18, live in houston with my grandparents (parents dead). i blame god for everything that has ever happened to me in life. i have no education, no job i just sit at home eating and ...

Is it ok for me too run 1 hour a day im only 14?
i love ...

Could I die?
I went to my doctor and she told me I am anorexic. My family had already said I was but I didnt beleive them. I used to be 5'1 and 111 lbs and now I am 104lbs. I keep losing more and more weight....

Am I fat?I am 180 pounds. Look at that picture.?

Have you ever done weight watchers? How did it work for you?
I just joined weight watchers today in hopes of losing at least like 55 pounds. Any tips on dieting? Excericising that worked really well for you? Also with the weight watchers diet I am using the ...

Is my height and weight regular for my age?
I am 13, going to be a freshman next year, 5'8, and 110 pounds. Is that normal?
Additional Details
by the way, I eat alot. :-)...

Am i fatt or average???
im 13, 148 lbs and 5'9''
i have a big boned body structure
some people sayy im too skinny and others dissagree
well, im not so confident but the doctor says if i loose ...

Am I overweight?
I am 110 and 5,3...

How can I stop getting blisters on my feet????
I walk about 4 miles a day and I come home with huge blisters! I have tried all kinds of shoes. I don't know what to do but it hurts!!!

Thank you.
Additional Details

I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any advice?
I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any tips on how to make excersize fun for me? PLEASE help!...

bubbly_bex20
My weight please help im desperate?
I am 13 and am seriously overweight, i am 10 and a half stone (to the americans 147lbs) please help me lose weight without my parents noticing as ic ant face telling them. any suggestions are welcome i want to change my life so please help. i deserve a chance

Lacey
Join sport teams for each season of the school year. Ride your bike, walk to meet your friends, and choose as many colors of fruits and vegetables as you can.

troop there it is
Rating
sorry i just have to ask, why aren't you in school? You can start by not eating junk food like chips, candy, cookies, and most of all bread, and stop drinking sugar drinks, and soft drinks. Drink more water its better for you anyway. oh I forgot to ask how tall r u? You probably do not need to loose anything!

momsfarmlife
You are still growing. You are still going to get taller. Your body has to have something to grow on. The best thing to do is cut out all sugar. That means no soft drinks or junk food. Step 2 get off the computer and out of the house. Join a sport, start jogging, slowly you don't want to injure muscles that are not used to moving like that.

My mom thought every meal had to include potatoes, usually fried, and gravy and bread. I know how hard it can be to eat healthy when your parents aren't in to it, but it can be done.

If your parents are overweight then it get's a little easier. They might listen to your concern for their health and walk with you.

I'm really concerned that you don't want your parents to know. I'm a mom and we notice and when things change and if we don't know why we worry. Tell her your concerns. She will want to help

tjnstlouismo
Rating
The only way to safely change your lifestyle, which will naturally keep your weight at what is correct for you body is less in, more out.

Dieting isn't healthy, it starts a cycle of losing and gaining that is actually more dangerous than simply being alittle overweight. Keep in mind that you have not stopped growing and you may get taller and that will even out your weight.

So what you want to do is change your eating habits and lifestyle. Since you are at the mercy of your parents eating style, you will have to be creative. Never go hungry, plan ahead with a piece of fruit or some carrots in your purse, schoolbag or pocket. Learn about nutrition, not just calories. Make sure you are eating enough high energy (not high sugar) foods like lean protein, green, red and yellow vegetables and whole grains. Limit your salt intake. Be reasonable about fats and sugar. You can't live your life in a constant state of hunger and denial, that will just make things worse. If you have to eat fast foods, make them as lean as possible with lots of vegetables. Do not ever drink soda or any sugar or corn syrup based drinks, stick to water or flavored waters, and milk. If you drink tea, remember anything you add to it adds calories.

Your goal should be to eat the right number of calories for a girl your age, who is still growing and developing and maintain those calories with exersize. Going for a walk every single day is a very good and easy way to get simple exersize, and anything else you do, bike riding, sports, swimming is just an added bonus.

Check out Rachel Ray on the internet or her magazine at the library. She has a whole section on teaching kids how to cook healthy. You will find good information, learn a new skill and can have complete control over your eating habits for your lifetime.

Don't berate yourself for being overweight. Weight will go up and down over your lifetime, and having a good outlook and good self esteem has nothing to do with your weight. You are not worthless because you are overweight. You are a good person and deserve all the good things life brings. Work on your self esteem and self image. Always be clean and look the best you can, and don't feel sorry for yourself. Good luck!

Nomtron
Rating
It might help to talk to your parents about this. Don't go and tell them "I need to go on a diet, I'm so FAT" or anything like that. Simply tell them that you want to feel a little more confident about yourself by improving your health and fitness. The support they can offer you will be invaluable.

If you really don't want to tell your parents, then cut down on fatty foods and snacks, instead making sure you have three nutritionally balanced meals a day and take part in some kind of vigorous exercise three times a week. If traditional sports aren't your thing, then what about dancing, trampolining, swimming or self-defence? Great way to meet new people too! Also, if you can, walking places instead of getting a lift/the bus can help too!

Take care, and take it easy... Don't do anything drastic!

kaydez
Rating
You should start by changing your food intake. Eat smaller meals and exercise. Don't eat after 6pm.

Loves the Ponies
It isn't going to be easy unless you are disciplined and determined, but here are some suggestions.

Limit the amount of sugar you eat and drink (no more sugar coated cereal and pop). Try some sugar free jello pudding or plain jello as a sweet snack alternative.

Stay away from fried foods, potato chips, pizza, candy bars, ice cream, etc.

Stay away from bread, especially white bread. If you have to have a sandwich, have it open face (just one piece of bread).

Eat more fresh vegetables and fruit. You can eat steamed vegetables just don't use butter.

Eat salads and don't use salad dressing. If you have to have salad dressing, put the dressing on the side, dip your fork into the dressing and then et a bite of salad. this will give you a little flavoring without all the calories and carbs.

Eat smaller portions. Always leave something on your plate if you are given a whole plate full of food.

Learn the difference between hunger and boredom. Many overweight people eat more out of boredom than out of hunger. There's nothing to do so they eat. They eat when they watch TV. They sample the food as they cook it. They eat, eat, eat. It's ridiculous. Find something to do when you think you're hungry. Twenty minutes later, if you still feel hungry, get a snack....a healthy one.

You need to watch your carbs. Carbs (sugars) turn into fat.

Get yourself on a daily exercise regimen. Try walking, crunches, push-ups and so forth. The key is to stay active. Jump on the tramploline, swim, join a sports team, or ride your bike. No more sitting around watching TV and playing video games or texting your friends.

You can do this if you want it badly enough. You have to learn to eat right, keep sweets and junk food in moderation, and exercise.

granny_sp
Rating
Did you ever hear the song Circle of Life by Elton John in Lion King.

Point is there is so much to do in this world you could never do it in a life time.
You need to find happiness in something other than food.
Make a list of things you like to do. You already know how to get food and they joy it brings.
Make a goal to do all the things you find any interest in.
Make a list of all your interests so far in life and all the things that interest you that you want to find out more about.
Get you parents involved. Some Parents want to be part of their child's life. I know I love doing stuff with my kids.
When you fill your life with the fun things you find eating willing no longer be your only love.
Step 2 find the joy in accomplishing something anything.

Jump rope 10 times today or see how long you can go with out stepping on the rope then try to double your accomplishment.
Go for a walk count your steps or how many steps between cracks or between telephone poles or how many steps you can take before some car or bike or person passes you. The n make a new goal to double your distance or speed.
When your watching TV attempt do the dance moves.
The possibilities are endless get your parents to join in when they have the time if not do it yourself.

DO THIS AND NEVER WORRY ABOUT WEIGHT AGAIN YOU HAVE A NEW FOCUS IN LIFE ENJOY YOUR FOOD AND PUT IT IN ITS PROPER PLACE.

newagejobs2
Rating
I would recommend diet pills. I never thought they would work until my brother tried proactol diet pills. He lost 9 pounds in a month. He also did not experience any side effects.

I found most of my information about proactol from http://testimonialweightloss.blogspot.com/
before my brother bought his 3 month subscription.

I hope that helps you in your goal.
Good Luck

chris
take jogs or get into sports that will help

liza g
i am suprised nobody has answered your worry sooner

im a year older than you and i no loads of girls that have the same worry as you

if you are looking for something without ur parents noticing (which i do aswell) i would sugest at the very least
making sure you eat under 800 calorise a day and doing 100 situps befor bed, always try and keep you tummy muscles tensed to cos ive heard that this can help

good luck i realy hope this helps !

welsh dragon
you fat kid go on diet let uver kids get to food as well greedy

doineedthis416
Good for you recognizing you have a problem before it becomes a health issue! I would recommend avoiding like the plague: all baked goods (cookies, cake, pastry, etc), no soda pop of any kind, absolutely no artificial sweeteners, and ice cream and candy. (Bummer, I know.) Oh, and no fried food.

Eat lots and lots of vegetables and fresh fruit. Drink lots of water, but not water in plastic bottles. Please don't skip meals.

If you avoid television and the Internet you will be forced to get up and move around more. How about walking your dog or the neighbor's dog every day? You could start a dog walking business and make some spending money!

You can do it! Sara

Johnny Sane
Age and weight are not tied together; it's height and body type that matter. 147 isn't very overweight for a person of average height and build at 13, but (as I'm sure you know) the average is not necessarily the rule.

If you feel you're overweight, the best thing to do is to exercise as much as you can. Any activity can be exercise. Going up and down stairs (lifting your legs more increases the workout), taking a brisk walk around the neighbourhood, walking the dog... all of these are great calorie-burners.

Also, try to cut back on processed sugar and junk food; fruits, vegetables, fish and poultry are much healthier. Drink water and fruit juice instead of things with lots of sugar. Also, never eat if you're not actually hungry.

Whatever you do, do NOT follow fad diets, and don't starve yourself. Neither of these work, and starvation actually makes weight issues worse. And don't bother trying to look like a model or magazine cover girl. That sort of look is unhealthy for all but 2% of the population.

Lastly, see if you can purchase a set of walker's weights at a department store or similar establishment. Walker's weights are soft weights inside a velcro-fastened band that fits around the wrists or ankles. They can be worn under loose clothing without being noticed, and they make every activity burn more calories by making you lift a few more pounds when you move.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Charles M
Rating
This is an age-old question with no easy answer. It all boils down to this. Eat less, exercise more. Now, let me say first that I am assuming that you do NOT have health problems and that you are physically capable of exercising. Having said that, let me tell you some things that have helped me.

I exercise a lot. I can tell you that it is almost impossible to exercise enough to burn off all the calories that you consume if you over eat. So, with regard to diet, eat things that you like that do not have so many calories as other foods, like ice cream. I have started eating steamed vegatables for about 5-6 meals a week. I have also made it a point to eat a light breakfast. With regard to vegetables, put some spices on them. Veggies don't have a lot of taste, so doctor them up with a lot of spices, particularly garlic. You really can't eat enough vegetables to make yourself gain weight.

Now, with respect to exercise, if walking is all you can do, then do that. However, it will benefit you greatly to vary the exercise you do. Walk one day, do weights the next day, do aerobics (like a stairmaster or tread mill) the next, and so on. Variety will very greatly help you get to your goal.

One more thing. Assuming that your parents and brothers and sisters will be supportive, tell them that you are making a goal for yourself and you want their support in attaining that goal. Bye the bye, your parents probably have noticed your weight problem. Enlist their support. Get someone to walk with you on a particular schedule, get who ever prepares your meals to make sure you get more veggies and less red meat. Set aside a particular time of day to exercise and keep to it. You can always do exercises in front of the TV.

So, here it is in a nut shell:
1. Get a support group which includes your family.
2. Exercise and do something different every day. Have a 3 or 4 day rotating schedule.
3. Learn to like veggies -- remember lots of spices
4. VERY IMPORTANT - remember that you are a good person and you have lots of good qualities and you have an absolute right to be happy and productive in life.

Also, recall that this is not going to be fast or easy. But it can be done. At least if you get used to eating smaller meals, then you will soon find smaller amounts of food just as satisfying. Also, if you get into a set routine on exercising (remember - variety) you will quickly get into a mind set where you just do it.

Be sure to get a support group lined up behind you.

Good luck.

SxyMom
Rating
I don't know how tall you are but this may be a safe weight for you. Health is always important and taking steps to keep your body in top shape is always good.Sometimes we think we are hungry when we are actually just thirsty. Try drinking a full glass of water to curb that craving. Eating 3 healthy meals along with 2 or 3 healthy snacks during the day will help. Always drink water with meals. You must begin to exercise for at least 45 minutes 3 to 4 days a week to reap results. Cardio workouts( IE.. riding a bike or briskly walking). Try to limit sweets and caffeine products as they will only slow you down. Good substitutions for sweets are low fat yogurt, fruits, veggies, rice cakes (Any Flavor), etc..use your best judgment. I'm sure you will do fine. Motivation is the key.

honey + biscuit
Rating
don't eat to much junk food. run. but you shouldn't be worried about your weight.

Big Mama
Rating
Honestly be wise in what you at. Limit or cut the sodas. Eat portion sizes and lay off the grease and junk food. Follow what the American Medical Community calls the heart healthy diet, and exercise. Than realize this, luv, not everybody comes out with a movie stars body. If the docs say you are in the right health range than you need to become comfortable with yourself and how you look. Oh, and obsessing a/b weight dosen't help you lose any. Stress often has the opposite effect on a person's body, and if you crave something don't deny yourself, give in, but within moderation.

vebri r
Rating
Just convince yourself that you can do it !

they call me ma
Try cutting out junk food. Drink lots of water. Eat lots of fruits and vegies but make sure you get your protien and dairy too. Just do all of the starches (breads and potatoes in moderation) I am sure that things will be just fine but just dont go on any major hunger strike or a fad diet that could hurt your growing body.

aaron
start to do light exercise and running and especially watch your food.

mreed122
Rating
147 lbs isn't hugely overweight for your age. But I suggest a couple of things.

Cut out as much sugar as you can, as well as carbs. Eat more protein and vegtables.

Also, eat breakfast every morning, as this jump-starts your metabolism.

A glass of water each night before bed will cure any nighttime hunger pains. Drink plenty of water during the day too.

some basic excercise, like riding a bike or running is good, or at the very least, daily walks.

good luck kid, i know what you're dealing with, i had to do it myself.

Joel W
You need to go out and walk. That causes the body to use what are known as triglicerides. As you walk, the bowl function is inhanced, and you don't keep foods in your body for a long period of time. As you walk, you get your head into different places, and you don't sit around in your home thinking about the Fridge.

So go walk, and start small. Around the block.. or ten houses up, and then back. Increase it one house every day. But..... walk.

Lejua
Rating
Join an after shcool program, like track. If you hate running then find something physically active that you enjoy. The exercise would let you lose weight over a longer period of time so that your parents would be less likely to notice.

golgi
Rating
Consider healthy food and exercise daily.

If you don't want your parents to notice... Just tell them your going for a walk and go for brisk walking to tone your legs.

Or just download yoga videos and do it at home when your parents aren't around. It would help tone some muscles in the body.

A***n G
How tall are you? you are not seriously overweight and you are young so you can fix this
eat a little healthy ( i say little cause drastic changes are hard)
add some extra activity to your day-- walk, bike, scooter ride, dancing
and try drinking a few -6 glasses of water every day

GOOD LUCK

livewire
Get rid of all the junk food . When you eat put a certain amount on your plate and pay attention to what you are eating. Do not go for more. Never eat if you are not hungry. Also take the dog for a walk. Most important of all join a sport at your school like rugby, soccer or cross country. It is easy to lose weight at your age so please don't feel like you may not get a 2nd chance.

jenhatesnick
Rating
One thing that worked for me, was cutting out soda. I'm not sure if you're a big soda drinker or not, but I was. Substituting it for water worked miracles. Just eat healthy and be as active as you can. Do you play sports? Dance? Anything that gets your heart moving will be good for you. Good luck, and just remember to not get so absorbed in dieting that it gets dangerous. Ultimately, it's what's in the inside that counts.

Laura Elaine
Sweetie, lay off the sweets and start exercizing. It's the only way. You have to learn how to dicipline yourself.

I would say the best way for you to lose weight at your age, would be to find a hobby that involves being active.

Raz9Caz
Rating
Wow, how did you get that big at 13, you need to find an activity, go out and exercise and eat healthy. To be honest you will probably hear a lot of people call you fat and all those things, dont let him get to you, stay strong, exercise and eat right. By the way, they are your parents and there to help you, you are you shutting them out, you should tell them so they can encourage you with your weight lose.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy