Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is my height and weight regular for my age?
I am 13, going to be a freshman next year, 5'8, and 110 pounds. Is that normal?
Additional Details
by the way, I eat alot. :-)...

Am i fatt or average???
im 13, 148 lbs and 5'9''
i have a big boned body structure
some people sayy im too skinny and others dissagree
well, im not so confident but the doctor says if i loose ...

Am I overweight?
I am 110 and 5,3...

How can I stop getting blisters on my feet????
I walk about 4 miles a day and I come home with huge blisters! I have tried all kinds of shoes. I don't know what to do but it hurts!!!

Thank you.
Additional Details

I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any advice?
I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any tips on how to make excersize fun for me? PLEASE help!...

How can i lose 20 ponds in one week????????
im trying to inpress a girl i like at school.............

AM I A FAT PERSON?..if so what can i do about it?
i weight 116 and im 5'9"..i want to be 110...i exercise 2-5hrs daily..is that enought..this is what i ate today is this to much?

morning-miniwheats 1%milk
lunch- 2waffles ...

HELPPPPPP MEEEEEEE PLEASE!?
I have just started 8th grade. 13 years old. I want to order this exercise tape called Slim in 6. http://www.beachbody.com...

How can a 13 year old girl loose 10lb. in 2 weeks?

Additional Details
if i weigh alot more than im supposed to (170lb.)...

Am i fat?
I weigh 100 pounds and i am 5'5 i think i need to loose 20 pounds i am the cheerleading squad captin and this summer we are going to an overweight childrens camp to pump them up and help them ...

How can i lose twenty pounds in two days?

Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?...

Why am i always hungry after dinner?
i eat til i am like full then ten mins later im like hungry again, i am 13 years old.
Additional Details
i dont eat alot of junk ...

I am 5'10 135 lbs 34-28-39 measurements - good or bad?

If a cookie contains 110 calories and you cut it in half do you consume HALF the calories??
or is it just bogus.? like no matter how big the piece is its still going to contain that many calories.?...

If i eat about 600-800 calories a day..?
is it dangerous?.. i'm not fat! i just want to get toned and lose the stubborn little fat i have here and there before the summer, especially my little love handles.. besides my love handles i ...

I weigh 340 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Can someone give me tips on doing so?

What are some natural laxatives?
School project/disguisting i know....

How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet ...

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

katherina g
How unhealthy is chinese food?
Wondering.

roncj88
Rating
its healthy if you ask for no msg

adfadf
The intake of too much MSG is the only bad things and if it conflicts with your diet then thats bad too.

_
Rating
It's the only thing in China that's not a problem!

I'mjustLikeU
it becomes unhealthy if you eat it for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner everyday of the week

Andrew
Rating
i have heard that some chinese dishes and meals almost equal the fat or a big mac at a mcdonalds
once in a while is okay, but i wouldnt make it a weekly meal

I know a lil' bit about that
I don't know but it smells horrible!

Q
Rating
most of it is very beneficial to humans...i guess

maxmom
Depending on the dish, not unhealthy at all if it is prepared in a traditional Chinese way.

The problem with American Chinese restaurants is the portion size and a lot of additives and fat that are not used in China.

Look at Chinese people in general. They are not fat.

dontcallmewave
Rating
very!!!!!!!!!!

baserunner316
MSG is the main ingredient.

Elle.
Take It From An Asian,
It's Actually Pretty Healthy.
Hahah.
Cause Chinese Dont Really
Fry There Foods Very Often
And Use Things Like Soy
Sauce And Tofu, Which Are
Made From Soy Beans=Healty:)

daljack -a girl
All Chinese food is not created equal.

Things with thickening or fried is not good for you.

It is not unhealthy at all. Where did you get this nonsense? If this were true the Chinese would have been as extinct as the dinosaurs long ago.

J C
I dunno but I recently learned that Indian food has been proven to help prevent alzheimers. Interesting huh? They have less people with alzheimers in India than in anywhere in the world.

James O
Rating
depends on the fat,salt and chemical content and how it is cooked

MaterialMu$e
MSG can make your flush and your heart race
High sodium can make you retain water
They add sugar to everything in most Chinese-American restaurants so bad if you are diabetic
Also usually high in calories
Also everything is cooked in oil

jalady
Order it without the MSG (gives some people headaches), and eat the chop suey dishes. They have many other vegetable dishes, and meat dishes mixed with vegetables that are very good for you.
Enjoy but just don't overeat.

AMBER D
I agree with Andrew and Kiya. Its no worse than lots of other stuff we eat, but moderation is the key to everything.
By the way - all those skinny Chinesse you see, wouldnt touch American Chinesse food and make their own stuff and
if you go anyplace in the world and ask for Chow Mein, they
wont even know what you are talking about. Having said that
its faster than all fast food and tastier too and has a bigger
selection and the price is very good. Enjoy!
(in moderation)

theurchinman
The american version is pretty unhealthy. But delicious.

The chinese version (the real thing) is exceptionally healthy, except that it tends to have slightly less than optimal protein for growth in adolescents and pregnant women.

louvroom
Rating
It depends on what you are eating actually. The chinese food in america is worst than those found in China. Typical chinese food are healthy as the chinese prefer alternative cooking methods such as steaming and boiling. Also, they prefer lots of vegetables and less salty stuff. However this makes the food bland and not "american-friendly". American chinese food contains loads of MSG (that's why it taste good), salt, oil and flour (fattening) all to make it taste good.

llaverty@sbcglobal.net
Very good, little fat, most places don't use msg anymore. Just look out for places that over load w/meat and cut back the veggies- I hate that. Or that over cook the vegetables. And if the carrots are little orange squares....run fast!

Xavier B
Rating
who cares . just dont over due it
that orange chicken and shrimp friend rice be jumping

BrightSexyBaby23
It depends on where you go and what you order. If you avoid really seedy places and avoid getting things that are fried, oily, etc you should be ok. Also opt for some veggies--they always make things healthier and they make you get fuller faster for fewer calories.

Phoenix
Well technically, a lot of the chinese food that is sold in America isn't even really eaten by people of Chinese descent. Your shrimp fried rice, General Tso Chicken, Orange Chicken, etc. If any of it, white rice is a common food eaten by people of Chinese descent. I can't tell you for certain exactly how unhealthy chinese food is, but many of the dishes are unhealthy. They contain a lot of grease, which isn't good for you. I'm not saying you can't eat it, but not all the time.

Lyn B
Rating
Overall Chinese food is extremely health. limited meat and lots of fruits and veggies. They generally have lower, heart problems, diabetes, cholesterol is lower. etc.
Read Dr.Campbell book The China Study.

However, now that our fast foods have moved to China and their diets are become more westernized their national health has declined and at present they have a national epidemic of obesity in their children.

mindtelepathy
Rating
It is very healthy the way they make it in china.
The Western idea of chinese food is very unhealthy

Tru Warrior
Rating
Depends what you get...chicken and green beans is a lot healthier than orange chicken. typically chinese food just has a lot of salt.

Bob H
It's the worst. They cook in the same oil/fat until it's turned to something no one can analyze. Besides, what's the point, you'll be hungry again in ten minutes anyway.

Destiny'sDream
Pretty Bad. You can get the calorie and fat content at the website below:
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calorie-counter/calories_in_chinese_food/

The Darkness Returns
Rating
Some chinese food contains MSG a form of a salt which is unhealthy when use in over abundance.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy