Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is my weight and height okay for my age?
I am 5 foot 2, almost 18 years old and weight 8 and a half stones
Additional Details
I am NOT growing any more, i stopped growing at 12...

How can I lose wieght without physical exercises?

Ok, I'm not overweight, but do you think i'm fat?
My BMI is 23.0, but i just want to know if a look fat.

http://a772.ac-images.my
http://a939.ac-images.my...

How unhealthy is chinese food?
Wondering....

Whats the best way to help tone up tummy muscles to get a firmer tum?

Whats the best way to lose 2 in./ 10 lbs in 5 weeks?
-about 123 lbs
-5'2"
-14 yrs ...

How do I force myself to go to the gym more?
I need to work out more and I joined an expensive gym and am always making lazy excuses not to go....

My biceps are sore should i still workout today?

What do you call it when a fat woman has a belly that hangs low between her legs?
You know....... the part that they tuck in to their knickers. What's that part called?...

I'm fat, short and ugly. help me?
well firstly im 18, live in houston with my grandparents (parents dead). i blame god for everything that has ever happened to me in life. i have no education, no job i just sit at home eating and ...

Is it ok for me too run 1 hour a day im only 14?
i love ...

Could I die?
I went to my doctor and she told me I am anorexic. My family had already said I was but I didnt beleive them. I used to be 5'1 and 111 lbs and now I am 104lbs. I keep losing more and more weight....

Am I fat?I am 180 pounds. Look at that picture.?

Have you ever done weight watchers? How did it work for you?
I just joined weight watchers today in hopes of losing at least like 55 pounds. Any tips on dieting? Excericising that worked really well for you? Also with the weight watchers diet I am using the ...

Is my height and weight regular for my age?
I am 13, going to be a freshman next year, 5'8, and 110 pounds. Is that normal?
Additional Details
by the way, I eat alot. :-)...

Am i fatt or average???
im 13, 148 lbs and 5'9''
i have a big boned body structure
some people sayy im too skinny and others dissagree
well, im not so confident but the doctor says if i loose ...

Am I overweight?
I am 110 and 5,3...

How can I stop getting blisters on my feet????
I walk about 4 miles a day and I come home with huge blisters! I have tried all kinds of shoes. I don't know what to do but it hurts!!!

Thank you.
Additional Details

I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any advice?
I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any tips on how to make excersize fun for me? PLEASE help!...

How can i lose 20 ponds in one week????????
im trying to inpress a girl i like at school.............

Mariah
I need help, I`m a person who eats when they are bored.?
Does anyone have any tips to help me stop eating when I`m bored? I`m getting fat because of it.

Whitneybr00tal
Rating
excercise, do some hobbies and eat less or low fat foods

me.
Rating
Go veg, pro ana.

DAMN. Get an effing hobby.

Sabrina
Rating
I did the same thing.
Think of where the milk from chocolate comes from.
The farmer milks the cow ewww
Eat rasberries they are good and taste sugary.
Chew ice or gum
Eat three regular sized meals
For example work something like this into your schudule.
8:00 breakfast
10:00 snack
12:00 lunch
2:00 snack
5:00 snack
7:00 dinner
thats for a working person but if your in school do the same thing except without the morning snack and earlier breakfast and have the schuduled lunch

SNACK ON!!!

andrew doyle
Rating
listen to your mp3 player or ipod thats what i do (or in this case listen to my windows media player while i am using my pc)

Trey's mommy
Rating
get a hobby

Maya
Rating
find something else to do.

examples-
chew gum, read a book, play video games (your hands arent reaching for food then), exercise, hang out with friends
just find a hobby =]

also don't buy snack foods, if you dont have them then you wont snack on them, also replace what you eat with apples or carrots. a bag of baby carrots will always fill me up for a few hours and its not a lot of calories and its really healthy.

hope that helps!

stephanie e
Rating
i uses to do that too.
just like.
walk a dog, or go bike riding, or something

krisssard
whats wrong with eating and becoming obese?
get off your butt and start moving..

kraftygurl1970
Rating
If you are a snacker, try to at least eat foods that are good for you and high in fiber! Eat an apple or a handful of roasted almonds. You don't have to stop snacking, you jut have to try to eat the right things! Stay away from chips and candies, eat fruits and nuts instead!

Haz B
Rating
Me too! Dont keep telling yourself not to eat though because that puts eating in your head. Stick a picture of like the fattest person in the world on your cupboards and fridge- it might put you off. Or when you feel the temptation go and clean you teeth then food will not be as appetising because it will taste skank. Get into a book and again if you feel the temptation go get into it. Stock up your cupboards and fridge with low fat stuff and chuck out all the fatty stuff then even if you do decide to raid the kitchen you wont eat crap. Drink lots of water to fill you up and chew sugar free gum to take up your mouth so you cant eat!!! Hope this helps!!!

Ajeel A.
i use to be like that.....i'm a smoker now....i only go to the kitchen once a day....and that usually in the middle of the day...or later

water to sky
Drink water instead. I do the same thing, but I've started slicing lemons and limes into my water and I drink it when I'm feeling bored. I keep a waterbottle in the fridge at all times.

You could also try to snack on things that are better for you, like vegetables and fruit. Cut some up every couple of days and keep them in the fridge too. It's a great way to get your fruit and veggie intake too.

EileenL
i used to do the same thing but u reali shud learn to tell yourself "stop" keep yourself busy and if u reali have to eat something eat low-caloried food like fruits or diet biscuits...

Teddy's Mom
Get some hobby. Read. Go for a walk. Drink a big glass of water to fill up your stomach. Call a friend.

feffman
Rating
eat fat free foods and healthy food

letsgo:)
Rating
yeaah i have the same problem

try to drink a glass of water instead every time you go to the kitchen to get something

also maybe limit sizes of your main meals, so you can snack more..

and yeah chew gum.

Supposed
Rating
When you are bored find something to do that occupies your hands - that way you won't be able to eat (because you will need your hands for the work you do).

Keely
try sugar free gum , take a walk, eat fruit instead , drink water , or put tape over your mouth (jk but maybe that will work...lol)

sszu
Everyone I know has had this problem. All you can really do is try to fill your time. Pick up a hobby that will fill up your free time. That is about the only answer. Try to keep yourself busy.

Willie Green
Then you need to find something to do. sugar-free gum, toothpicks, or walking around the block. Do Sumthing!

Caitlin
Rating
I used to have the same problem.
Try:
-Chewing gum, it keeps your mouth occupied.
-Drinking water. It fills you up, and helps satisfy your appitite faster.
-Doing something else like going for a walk, or something like that.
And remember to ask yourself before you eat if you're actually hungry!
Hope that helps =]

Corey R
Rating
don't be bored !

dream on.
Rating
same with me. what you need to do is when ever your bored drink some water dont eat snacks. and make sure you make your self a hobby or a healthy habit when you are bored. if im ever bored now, and i really want something to eat i have water or fruit, but dont over do it!

Annick J
Find something to entertain you so you aren't bored.

Tristan
Rating
hey im super skinny but i have the same prob. eat ice its cheap and easy!!!! can u give me points plz

Mingle
Try some sugar free gum.

I'm the same way, I just pull out my pack of Stride :)
It lasts a long time!

Or get a video game or something.. something to entertain you.. maybe answer questions on here? :)

Dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rating
wow you must get bored a lot

kimmiandbump
chew sugar free gum instead.

kipony2004
Rating
Well recognizing that you're eating because you're bored is a huge step. You may also be eating because you're anxious, sleepy (trust me. people do subconsciously eat to stay awake), or dehydrated. (or perhaps because you have some compulsive eating tendencies).

The first thing I would do is start drinking fluids. This will not only keep you hydrated, but it will also give you more energy and help you loose weight. If you don't like water, try Propel, or any other low-calorie drink, as long as it's not soda (Diet soda is not ok. The artificial sweeteners actually can make you hungrier. Not a good call, and the carbonation prevents your bones from absorbing calcium)

Next I would figure out what you are doing when you're 'bored' and snacking. Staring at your ceiling? Watching TV? (I suspect this is the case) Sitting at the Office?

When you find yourself in this situation- you need to change your environment. Most health-nuts would tell you - "take a walk!" or "go for a run!" but seriously, few people are going to find those more enticing than watching reruns of The Office- or it may not be an option for you if you're actually at the office.

The key is to find a way to reward or entertain yourself in ways that do not involve food. I'd make a list of things you love to do- (and I mean a massive list. at least 50 things) and keep it with you. Pick one when you find your in a boring situation where you're afraid you're going to start eating.

You could read trashy magazines, paint your nails, browse the mall for sales, walk around the car dealership and look at the shinny convertibles, make phone calls, text people, play online games, but make it a treat! You won't do it if it's not a fun alternative.

Also keep in mind when the cravings come that every time you don't snack, or you put off snacking for 10 or 20 more minutes then you usually do- you are making progress. It will be easier next time, and easier the next time. Eventually, snacking won't even occur to you (but this takes time).

Another trap people fall into is black/white thinking. You get bored- you eat some chips- and you think "well, I've already messed up, so I'm going to go ahead and eat the whole bag, or two, or three, and a tub of ice cream." This is NOT THE WAY TO GO. If you snack, and realize that you did in the process, don't go all-or-nothing. Stopping eating where you are (no matter how far 'gone' you are) is progress. Yes, 20 (or 2) oreos was bad, but it's not as bad as 40 (or 4)- so stopping half way there is progress!! It's a day when you can give yourself a pat on the back because you stopped yourself- so it's not a 'lost' day, it's been a good day!!

You don't have to 'start all over again' tomorrow. That kind of mentality will doom you to failure. You have to stay positive and recognize every little step, baby or big, as progress!

Finally, sitting around worrying about being fat is going to make you feel anxious/depressed and probably cause you to eat to ease your anxiety. I'd move my focus off the 'fat' and onto the challenge of altering your eating patters. It's difficult (almost like quiting smoking) but the rewards are innumerable.

Goodluck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy